Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater

For All The Ar Tannerz Out There!!!

Ok so i've just taken up tanning now at the tender age of 26. I'm pasty ass white right now because of the scottish in me. In the past i've never really tanned except for in the summer months. So anyways, here's what I plan on doing. I'm going to tan twice a week for 8 minutes and than drop down to once at 9. Will this be alright? I don't want to overdo it, but just keep a decent base throughout the year. For all the tannerz out there do any of put a towel over your face to protect it from wrinklez ::COUGH MIZFIT COUGH:: I was just wondering who else does this with success. I don't want to look old at the age of 30. What's everybody's tanning schedule look like and do you wear a towel over your face to keep it protected?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I put a towel over my face and use a bronzer to make it look like the rest of me..

I will be 30 in a few weeks and like the fact i don't look it.. so shh

I also keep my skin well moistured all over.. body butter is your friend boy

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    I put a towel over my face and use a bronzer to make it look like the rest of me..

So you just put the bronzer over your face to keep it up to par with the rest of your body? Doesn't it look ghey because the rest of your body is darker than your face?
    Last edited by Smak; 01-19-2006 at 09:43 AM.

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Id stay longer then 8 minutes. I tan VERY easily and Im in there around 12 minutes. At least the first few times then just keep it around 8 minutes once or twice for maintenance.

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Smak if you burn easy you want to go 1-2 sessions at 6 minutes (if a 10 minute bed). Let your skin get used to the new UV action and this will help activate the melatonin in your skin. then you can go 2 times per week at 7-8 minutes and after a while you can go 1-2 times at 10 and you should hold your base.

As Mizfit said moisture is the key.. It is not a bad idea to cover your face through all or most of the tanning.. Your face is always exposed to the sun so you are just adding that much more exposure.. I'm an old man so I don't worry about that too much but I do keep lots of lotion and use it regular to keep your skin moist.

I would not use a bronzer on your skin you will look silly.. Okay for girls but not for guys.. IMO

Oldman

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned

ahhhhhhhhh hahhaahahhahah you'll be 30!!!!

im still a teenager for 2 months

i go twice a week, i look like i just got back from Florida, its great

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    Smak if you burn easy you want to go 1-2 sessions at 6 minutes (if a 10 minute bed). Let your skin get used to the new UV action and this will help activate the melatonin in your skin. then you can go 2 times per week at 7-8 minutes and after a while you can go 1-2 times at 10 and you should hold your base.

As Mizfit said moisture is the key.. It is not a bad idea to cover your face through all or most of the tanning.. Your face is always exposed to the sun so you are just adding that much more exposure.. I'm an old man so I don't worry about that too much but I do keep lots of lotion and use it regular to keep your skin moist.

I would not use a bronzer on your skin you will look silly.. Okay for girls but not for guys.. IMO

Oldman
    Cool, thanks for the info.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    ahhhhhhhhh hahhaahahhahah you'll be 30!!!!

im still a teenager for 2 months

i go twice a week, i look like i just got back from Florida, its great
    i'm ok with being 30.. people who get upset about aging are usually people who have a long list of goals they have yet to accomplish

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member
    dont put a towel over your face, just use goggles to protect your eyes.

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Smak, you have a pm

Speaking of 30 and putting a towel over your face. Have you guys seen like 40 year old women with wrinkles with a tan? Also smoking a cigarette? Its disgusting. To much tanning will bring the age out of you.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    I have really dark olive skin so I keep a good color year round' but in the summer I turn black!

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    Speaking of 30 and putting a towel over your face. Have you guys seen like 40 year old women with wrinkles with a tan? Also smoking a cigarette? Its disgusting. To much tanning will bring the age out of you.

See that shlt everyday, just nasty but hay I've got to sell them a membership All the hot chics even it out though

KeyMastur is offline VET
    in case you wonder, i rub the body butter on mizfit.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    haha exactly everything in moderation.. it's winter and cold here now.. so for now im sticking to self tanner and i tan every once in a while..

soft skin is so important

Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    in case you wonder, i rub the body butter on mizfit.
    Must have really long arms (texas,canada oh never mind )

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Must have really long arms (texas,canada oh never mind )
    He's a mod.. those guys got mad skillz

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i start my sessions usually in late March/early April and tan twice a week right after gym 8min per session.
    I only cover my eyes and not the entire face since you'll look like an albino if you do.

MiZongMaster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    i start my sessions usually in late March/early April and tan twice a week right after gym 8min per session.
    I only cover my eyes and not the entire face since you'll look like an albino if you do.
    I do the same thing as well.. if you are worried about harming your face, wear a small spf moisterizer.

Poison Ivy is offline Banned
    I dont need to tan that's because I am naturally tan but yet I still love going to the beach though.

Anyways,Jergens tanning lotion is good by the way.

If you are going to use those tanning booth it is best to wear those googles to protect your eyes. Always put a tanning lotion before and after you tan.

Most proffesionals says that You can loose up to 50% of your tanning potential from not moisturizing properly.

haha exactly everything in moderation.. it's winter and cold here now.. so for now im sticking to self tanner and i tan every once in a while..

soft skin is so important
    Yeah its cold and icy here to. I always laugh when I see those women they're maybe 37-38ish but because of their wrinkles they look 45ish, there 10 feet of snow around them but HEY they gotta a tan and a lit fag in their mouth's. I cant help myself laugh when I see that. Lady your hey days are over. Yup moderation is key.

MatrixGuy is offline Good things come to those who wait
    Are you fair or dark bro? If your skin type 2 and above then go for it bro.

I have been tanning 3 times a week, every week since March 2004. I am very brown... infact... to brown. I get alot of comments.

Start off easy and gradually work your minutes up. Depending on the strength of the bulbs i would start with around 6 minutes and take it from there. The ones i use are 200w so 12 minutes each is enough for me.

I would use a basic accelerator (prefreably with hemp) to help you with the process as not moisturising while using the sunbed drastically reduces how well you will tan. Once you starting building a base tan you can experiment with bronzing accelerators and tingle creams. If you ever use tingle creams start off with a small area of the body and never put it on your face. You will either love it or hate it. It turns you red and makes you itch like a bitch, but the results are tremendous. I use a bronzing tingle accelerator for my front, arms, legs and backs of hands. I use a normal bronzing accelerator for my face and neck. I dont cover my face. Not really any point. I use a sock to cover my bits up though.

My favourite creams are Australian Gold, Swedish Beauty and Hoss Sauce.

After sunbed use always moisturise.

Quote Originally Posted by XxElitexX
    dont put a towel over your face, just use goggles to protect your eyes.
    I do wear the goggles. Isn't that required? I'm just thinking about using a towel so my pretty face doesn't get wrinkled when i'm Mizfit's age

Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Are you fair or dark bro? If your skin type 2 and above then go for it bro.

I have been tanning 3 times a week, every week since March 2004. I am very brown... infact... to brown. I get alot of comments.

Start off easy and gradually work your minutes up. Depending on the strength of the bulbs i would start with around 6 minutes and take it from there. The ones i use are 200w so 12 minutes each is enough for me.

I would use a basic accelerator (prefreably with hemp) to help you with the process as not moisturising while using the sunbed drastically reduces how well you will tan. Once you starting building a base tan you can experiment with bronzing accelerators and tingle creams. If you ever use tingle creams start off with a small area of the body and never put it on your face. You will either love it or hate it. It turns you red and makes you itch like a bitch, but the results are tremendous. I use a bronzing tingle accelerator for my front, arms, legs and backs of hands. I use a normal bronzing accelerator for my face and neck. I dont cover my face. Not really any point. I use a sock to cover my bits up though.

My favourite creams are Australian Gold, Swedish Beauty and Hoss Sauce.

After sunbed use always moisturise.
    Good info as always Matrix. I bet you're one of the only few peepz in Engerland sporting a tan.

Massacre is offline Senior Member
    When I tan I do 20minutes EOD. **** that 8 minute shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Massacre
    When I tan I do 20minutes EOD. **** that 8 minute shit.
    True, but you're on fire right now so that's nothing for u?

We're not all blessed with hispanik genes like "Massacre".

LOL...

Whatever Cracker Jack.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    i'm ok with being 30.. people who get upset about aging are usually people who have a long list of goals they have yet to accomplish
    30's are good too, don't worry.

Thing is, you are no longer in your lower 20's, so you will catch yourself as time goes on, not doing some of the things you used to do, and begin doing something else in place of those prior things. Then you'll realize, holy shit, things are changing. It's not because you are getting old, it's because you are simply growing.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Massacre
    LOL...

Whatever Cracker Jack.

BTW, I use the "MATRIX" machine that has face tanning bulbs instead of UV ones, and they get you like 2 times as dark. Couple this with some good bronzing/tingle lotion and I'm good to go.

The machine is HUGE, and I can lay on the huge flat sheet of plexiglass and stretch out. I can't stand those little ass lay-down things, that shit gives you more stripes than a f*cking zebra. The stand up ones are cool, yes, I do those at times too, but the Matrix is my thing.

~SC~

powerbolicroid is offline Junior Member
    I usually only go onces a week . think that’s enough for us Scottish people ,
    Always cover my tattoo no matter what

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    BTW, I use the "MATRIX" machine that has face tanning bulbs instead of UV ones, and they get you like 2 times as dark. Couple this with some good bronzing/tingle lotion and I'm good to go.
    The machine is HUGE, and I can lay on the huge flat sheet of plexiglass and stretch out. I can't stand those little ass lay-down things, that shit gives you more stripes than a f*cking zebra. The stand up ones are cool, yes, I do those at times too, but the Matrix is my thing.

~SC~

Which one are you using. The hottest stuff out now is this stuff called venom(hot as hell) and wild by australian gold. The girls and members have tried every lotion out there and these are the hottest and the results, omg

Certified salon owner for 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    What wattage are the bulbs on the Matrix?

Quote Originally Posted by goodcents
    Which one are you using. The hottest stuff out now is this stuff called venom(hot as hell) and wild by australian gold. The girls and members have tried every lotion out there and these are the hottest and the results, omg

Certified salon owner for 7 years
    Wild is not a very strong tingle product bro. Its the same tingle as Blazin, which i use and its classed as weak/medium.

The hottest is Outlaw 6xxx from Hoss Sauce, so i believe.

I use either "Hissy Fit" or "ON" and it's the red colored "ON".

Those two are the only ones that I've found work well w/my skin.

The wattage on the Matrix? Hmmmmmmmmm.............

I'll look on the Net to see maybe there is info...

~SC~

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

I also keep my skin well moistured all over..
    Now that's good news..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixGuy
    Wild is not a very strong tingle product bro. Its the same tingle as Blazin, which i use and its classed as weak/medium.

The hottest is Outlaw 6xxx from Hoss Sauce, so i believe.

That is hot too, we stopped carrying it(not enough mark up) purple haze from fiesta sun is very hot too. Venom is by far the hottest stuff out. I still stand behind wild, stuff is very hot.

Yup SC, Matrix machine is the shit that gets you dark as hell. I had a free year with that machine and they closed down the company. I got screwed.

The fat girls loved me and always took care of me at the salon. LOL

I could talk hours on this subject but will leave it at this thats why I have tanning chat rooms, plus I'm really into the jewelry store now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information