ironmike250 is offline Associate Member

FINALLY! I pressed 3 plates last night.

Chest night last night. You know how some nights the weight just seems heavier than usual? That was me last night. But, I was able to decline press 315 about 2 and 1/2 times feeling weak as shit. I felt like doing cartwheels in the gym and my girl was like "oh, good job" WTF?

What makes it even more impressive to me is that it was after 5 sets of incline presses and 4 sets of flies.

I know that's probably not shit to alot of you, but I stand like 6'4 and have arms that drag the floor when I walk. So, I'm proud as hell.

Thanks for reading guys...and girls.

awesome job bro....3 plates has been my goal forever, but i will say within 3 or 4 months i'll be needing to set a new goal of 4 plates. awesome job, keep it up

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    dam Bro 3-10lbs plates that rocks.. J/K

that is a nice lift.. Many will say big deal but 315 is not a bad lift IMO

Oldman

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    good job. i have yet to hit that much weight

KeyMastur is offline VET
    now if we can just get you do leg press 3 plates....

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Decline i am not so impressed with, but if that was your goal to begin with than good job overall i guess.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Squat 3 plates, dead lift 4 plates.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Squat 3 plates, dead lift 4 plates.
    umm....ok??

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    Decline i am not so impressed with, but if that was your goal to begin with than good job overall i guess.
    Do you think decline is easier? Like I said in my original post, that was near the end of my chest workout. When I got back in to the gym about a year ago, I couldn't press 2 plates. I was weak as hell after a LONG time out of the gym. I blew up to 360lbs when I was in a terrible marriage, and then lost 160lbs when I lost the bitch. Got down to 200lbs by running my ass off and dieting like a mad man. I looked a million times better, but as a former competitive bbr, I wanted to have muscles again so Back I went. Now, I'm 280lbs at about 15 or so body fat. Like I said, I'm proud as hell. Sorry if you're not impresed, but I'm not really too concerned about impressing anybody. Just proud and posting my progress.

Quote Originally Posted by GunTotingHipGangster
    awesome job bro....3 plates has been my goal forever, but i will say within 3 or 4 months i'll be needing to set a new goal of 4 plates. awesome job, keep it up
    4 Plates is just f'n sick bro. Best of luck to you!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Keep goin man. When you reach any new level it feels amazing, 2 plates then 3 then 4. Its always awesome.

-Bino

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Keep goin man. When you reach any new level it feels amazing, 2 plates then 3 then 4. Its always awesome.

-Bino
    Thanks man! Definately feels good to actually see improvement as you know how slow gains can be. But 4 plates? I think I'll be quite a while on that one! Keep it up bro!

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike250
    Chest night last night. You know how some nights the weight just seems heavier than usual? That was me last night. But, I was able to decline press 315 about 2 and 1/2 times feeling weak as shit. I felt like doing cartwheels in the gym and my girl was like "oh, good job" WTF?

What makes it even more impressive to me is that it was after 5 sets of incline presses and 4 sets of flies.

I know that's probably not shit to alot of you, but I stand like 6'4 and have arms that drag the floor when I walk. So, I'm proud as hell.

Thanks for reading guys...and girls.
    Congrats dude! Most can't even bench their own body weight! Let alone almost double it! You da man!

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you think decline is easier? Like I said in my original post, that was near the end of my chest workout. When I got back in to the gym about a year ago, I couldn't press 2 plates. I was weak as hell after a LONG time out of the gym. I blew up to 360lbs when I was in a terrible marriage, and then lost 160lbs when I lost the bitch. Got down to 200lbs by running my ass off and dieting like a mad man. I looked a million times better, but as a former competitive bbr, I wanted to have muscles again so Back I went. Now, I'm 280lbs at about 15 or so body fat. Like I said, I'm proud as hell. Sorry if you're not impresed, but I'm not really too concerned about impressing anybody. Just proud and posting my progress.
    yes, with decline you can definitely drop more weight compare to flat and i don't mean to discredit you, but as a former competitive bbr such as yourself, why would you ask me for a comparison between the two since the answer is obvious.
    i appreciate the life story, but at one point we all go through life events that will force us to change our priorities and eventually we all struggle and fight through them to get back into a respectable physical form, for that alone i command you.

Logan13 is offline Banned

nice

Good job. Decline is easier, but you should still be proud of that lift. No need to impress anyone, you have your own personal goals that drive you every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    Congrats dude! Most can't even bench their own body weight! Let alone almost double it! You da man!
    Thanks for the kind words bro. I'm no where near doubling though. I currently weigh 280, so I'm not quite that mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan13

Good job. Decline is easier, but you should still be proud of that lift. No need to impress anyone, you have your own personal goals that drive you every day.
    Thanks alot man! I appreciate all the kind words I get from you guys. You couldn't be more right, strive to meet YOUR personal goals...F what other people think!

Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    yes, with decline you can definitely drop more weight compare to flat and i don't mean to discredit you, but as a former competitive bbr such as yourself, why would you ask me for a comparison between the two since the answer is obvious.
    i appreciate the life story, but at one point we all go through life events that will force us to change our priorities and eventually we all struggle and fight through them to get back into a respectable physical form, for that alone i command you.
    The reason it's not so obvious to me is that I don't do flat bench presses. I feel like it puts way too much emphasis on the front deltoid. But that hasn't stopped me from building a fairly masive chest.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed my life story. It will be out on paperback sometime in may. If you want an autographed copy, just let me know!

Thanks man! Definately feels good to actually see improvement as you know how slow gains can be. But 4 plates? I think I'll be quite a while on that one! Keep it up bro!
    well just dont ever quit....i dont really see an end to it, just another goal to reach.

Maybe once i get about 80, but by then the worlds going to have ended or we're all going to live forever.

chest6 is offline Banned
    not bad man keep workin..

Thread Information