Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member

Left Pec bigger than the right???

I know its the lounge but this is where i am more, so anybody have any suggestions? My left pec gets a better pump than my right, Why is this? Am i using the left side of my back to isolate my movement more? Am i using my shoulder different? or not lining my elbows up right when i do sets?

I don't use the straight bar i just use the dumbells. I use the Straight bar for decline though, just not flat. Should i start using the straight bar more?
    Last edited by Anabolic CEO; 01-19-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i get this problem also. afew years ago there was a noticable size difference between the two. i started isolating the problem area, like after my chest workout id do 3 sets of single arm pec deck etc, one arm-db incline presses (the problem was more upper chest). after 3 months id fixed the problem, altho i still get a better pump in my left pec. im assuming this is because the right pec is stronger, therefore i need to work it alittle harder to even up. i will often squeeze afew more reps out on the right side for certain exercises when i have a day where there is a big difference. hope this helps

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timm1704
    i get this problem also. afew years ago there was a noticable size difference between the two. i started isolating the problem area, like after my chest workout id do 3 sets of single arm pec deck etc, one arm-db incline presses (the problem was more upper chest). after 3 months id fixed the problem, altho i still get a better pump in my left pec. im assuming this is because the right pec is stronger, therefore i need to work it alittle harder to even up. i will often squeeze afew more reps out on the right side for certain exercises when i have a day where there is a big difference. hope this helps

Yeah this helps out a lot. I will put this into my routine an i will just have to pay more attention to my weak parts. I spend half the day staring at myself in the mirror and at the gym, a quarter of the day at work and the other quarter on here....lol

Thanks bro

statuZ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    I know its the lounge but this is where i am more, so anybody have any suggestions? My left pec gets a better pump than my right, Why is this? Am i using the left side of my back to isolate my movement more? Am i using my shoulder different? or not lining my elbows up right when i do sets?

I don't use the straight bar i just use the dumbells. I use the Straight bar for decline though, just not flat. Should i start using the straight bar more?
    dude haha i just posted this same exact thread name and explanation basically last night in the lifting forum, i have same problem too and i think its cause im a right hander and i have alot more strength in my right hand so therefore i use more of my right arm then my left arm and more of my left pec than my right pec when im working my pecs therefore the difference? I dunno isolation is the key

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by statuZ
    dude haha i just posted this same exact thread name and explanation basically last night in the lifting forum, i have same problem too and i think its cause im a right hander and i have alot more strength in my right hand so therefore i use more of my right arm then my left arm and more of my left pec than my right pec when im working my pecs therefore the difference? I dunno isolation is the key
    damn right, isolation is key. i have imbalances all over, strength-wise. like my left tricep is stronger than my right, right bicep is stronger than my left, right lateral and posterior deltoid is stronger than left, anterior delt on the left is stronger tho lol. i just make sure i cant do another rep with either side when it comes to dumbbell movements. only takes a couple of extra reps

Thread Information