Massacre is offline Senior Member

Please OPEN! Need advice for friend with AAS/other DRUG abuse

Before anyone jumps on me with their rulebook I just want to say before I posted this thread I spoke to Vette on AIM and he gave me the green light to post. Last time I tried to post this at another board it got erased.

Well, I have a friend of mine. My training partner actually. He's on AAS and has the potential to make it EXTREMELY far in the game. He's young and allready past me years ago. Anyways, lately he's been slacking off BIG TIME. The last two months we went from training every day, to 4 days, to 2 days, to no days a week. I basically train by myself right now. He has a habit of going on the whole weekend getting no sleep because of his habit which his GF influences. You probably allready know the kind I speak of. Vette told me I should substitute the name for YAY or SMAK. Anyways, I am extremely concerned because don't get me wrong I used to get loaded on the weekends, recovered on Sunday and was ready to train Monday no matter what. I was drinking though, he's not. He's partying in the AM, partying more in the PM 2-3 days no sleep. Then always come up with the excuse that he's sick and won't be back for awhile.

Is there anything I can tell him that would snap him back into focus? That shit is turning his mind into mush and his entire body is going downhill. So AAS and YAY. Someone please tell me how these two DO NOT get along so I can meet up with him and have a face to face conversation about why he shouldn't be ****ing up so bad. I mean it really pisses me off. He has so many more chances then I do and he is blowing it all to shit.

Help me out guys I appreciate it.

Also, please don't tell me stuff like YOUR HEART! YOUR BRAIN. Him and I both know this. I need hardcore facts about AAS and that specific drug that backtracks you so I can open his eyes and make him realize. He feels since he's on AAS he should be able to bounce back easily from a long weekend of partying.

Thank you,
    Massacre
    Last edited by Massacre; 01-20-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Have u seen changes in him yet? If so take pictures and show him the difference

I'm not gonna take a picture of him.

WTF, that's gay. "Hey bro, come here...let me progress pic you on your bad habits." LOL

chest6 is offline Banned
    lil confused man. I know what other substance ur talking about..tell him to break up with the girl? It comes down to how bad HE wants it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Massacre
    I'm not gonna take a picture of him.

WTF, that's gay. "Hey bro, come here...let me progress pic you on your bad habits." LOL
    actually not..take a pic of him..wait a month if he keeps doing it take another pic and be like look how much smaller u look

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    lil confused man. I know what other substance ur talking about..tell him to break up with the girl? It comes down to how bad HE wants it.

He's not gonna do it. He is living too comfortable at this point. Hell, I wouldn't break up with her either.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Fact is he is probably addicted to Smak, if smak is still what it used to be called. Thats going to be tough to break. So you are saying he is still doing AAS and not working out anymore. How the fvck does that work ? How well do you know his GF ? Maybe you could talk to her and explain to her what his potential is. Sounds like she is fvcked in the head as well so its not going to be easy to fix bro.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    MY ADVICE...

Not thats it what you wanna hear but really the only thing you can do is remind him of how bad he is messing himself up, and let him ride it out. He'll realize how bad he is messing up once his body sraps out on him. I ont think there really is much you can do brother.

I need to do something bro. Seriously.

I'm gonna go train. Hope you guys can help me come up with something. Maybe some older bros that have gone through this.

I'm young and I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been in this situation before.

I'll be back in a few....LEG DAY!

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Honestly to quit doing that shit the decision is ultimately his. The only thng you CAN really do is be the friend that you are being and try to talk him out of it. Try to get him some sort of eye opener about what he is doing with himself. Dont dismiss Mizfits idea so quicky she could be onto something. If he's degressed that much that it's physically noticeable find an old pic of how huge he was and try to snap a picture of him now and of course dont be truthful of your intentions. Just take a pic for whatever reason, then pretend to stumble upon your discovery. Just out of curiousity how long has he been at this habit?

Myka is offline Made Of Sugar
    I agree with Mizfit...

Didnt the same thing happen to the worlds strongest man competitor Johnny Perry...

He died doing aas and some recreational drug...I dont know if I can say the slang but I think it was speed...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Bottom line is that his desire to change must be greater than his desire to stay the same.

If it's not, nothing is going to work.

~SC~

Bro, lots of useful replies. I actually bumped into him today. I kept making fun of him because he kept telling me excuses.

I tried that approach but the teasing him approach doesn't seem to work too well anymore. He actually has pics of him now and before on a site. He looks at it everyday so there is really no point of me showing him how he looked when he won first place then and how he looks now.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    the only thing men should get addicted to is women and training

how long has he been at this habit?

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    YAY (for soda)

lol sorry just needed a lil humor in the thread, this is depressing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit

That explains why I'm addicted to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    YAY (for soda)

lol sorry just needed a lil humor in the thread, this is depressing!

Damn you, I love Coke over Pepsi. I havn't drank one in weeks. I am deprived. Damn diet!

statuZ is offline Banned
    its probably not smack as that is a downer but i would think more of a tweaker (crystal meth), as if you odnt get sleep the whole weekend thtas the only drug tha tis going to make you stay up for longer than 8 hours after using it. that shit is very dirty what it does to people, probably the worst drug of them all.

i think he mentioned it was the white stuff in his first post.

gymnutt is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Bottom line is that his desire to change must be greater than his desire to stay the same.

If it's not, nothing is going to work.

~SC~
    So true. But.. a change in environment for a few days might be enuf to clear his head up to where he can think with more clarity. Anyway, maybe you could take him on a road trip for a three day weekend somewhere fun and maybe assist in leading him to perhaps realize what his behavior is putting at stake? Like bigswole said, he's gotta make the choice. Good luck..if it was me..and one of my bros pulled me out of a hole I'd probably be pretty thankful once I got my sht together.

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Massacre
    Damn you, I love Coke over Pepsi. I havn't drank one in weeks. I am deprived. Damn diet!
    meh, im not a fan of it either way. i personally like diet dr. pepper over all sodas, diet or not.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    smart lady.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    One of my best friends just got home from rehab for heroin. He was actually in in-patient with the guitarist from blondie. Any how most people I know my age are into heavy drugs and they all seem content with their lives as is. I can give you this much advice: The best time to talk to him is when he is coming down off of his week end binge, at this point he is most likely to be depressed and vulnerable to influence to change his ways. And I've seen this scenario a million times where some coke whore is obsessed with blow and gets the boyfriend lured in because chicks like to **** while on it. It's sad.

Hard Head is offline Member
    That's fvcking sad man. All you can do is to keep encouraging him to kick, the yay and the girl. He''s prolly juicing so he can get it up.

If you REALLY care, haul his ass out of town for the weekend, away from the bad influence, do it every weekend if you have to. Go MTN biking, go to Havasau, do SOMETHING where he is away from her and the yay.

Slow~Mo is offline Banned
    Last edited by Slow~Mo; 01-21-2006 at 01:54 PM.

XxElitexX is offline Senior Member

Didnt read any of the replies. There is nothing you can say to him to change how he feels. The only person that can change him is himself. The most you can do is encourage him and keep him accountable about what hes doing. Perhaps a "What can I do for you?" would help him out....Maybe he needs someon to really keep him ac****able and even go pick him up in the morning and wake his ass up for cardio.

Quote Originally Posted by XxElitexX
    Didnt read any of the replies. There is nothing you can say to him to change how he feels. The only person that can change him is himself. The most you can do is encourage him and keep him accountable about what hes doing. Perhaps a "What can I do for you?" would help him out....Maybe he needs someon to really keep him ac****able and even go pick him up in the morning and wake his ass up for cardio.

I JUST SAID THE EXACT SAME THING WORD FOR WORD!!!! j/k

Quote Originally Posted by USfighterFC
    I JUST SAID THE EXACT SAME THING WORD FOR WORD!!!! j/k

Slow~Mo is offline Banned
    Maybe your friend needs some rehab, Baker Act him by calling the police or let him get thrown in jail for alittle while, that will clear his mind and body up. Your friend is a serious junky abusing AAS, doing cocaine, meth, or whatever for 2-3 days straight. He needs professional help and no picture taking or sweet talk is gonna do an ounce of good for him and a roadtrip would be hell he would be going thru withdrawls and just going nuts.

I know this maybe hard for you to do but it's the best thing for him, if you really care about him you would do it. He may hate you at first for this, thinking you betrayed your friendship but your saving his life.
    Last edited by Slow~Mo; 01-21-2006 at 02:16 PM.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    the problem with a situation like this is that people dont want to hear that they have a problem. if you nag him about it, most likely the only thing that is gonna happen is your boy is gonna get irritated with you, and he will continue to do what hes doing anyway. that is especially true when it comes to very addictive drugs like the ones you mentioned. that sh_t changes people for the worse bro.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Tend to Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Slow~Mo
    Maybe your friend needs some rehab, Baker Act him by calling the police or let him get thrown in jail for alittle while, that will clear his mind and body up. Your friend is a serious junky abusing AAS, doing cocaine, meth, or whatever for 2-3 days straight. He needs professional help and no picture taking or sweet talk is gonna do an ounce of good for him and a roadtrip would be hell he would be going thru withdrawls and just going nuts.

I know this maybe hard for you to do but it's the best thing for him, if you really care about him you would do it. He may hate you at first for this, thinking you betrayed your friendship but your saving his life.
    That would be a HUGE Decision to make but if he's on meth............man, I've been around and have never seen anything screw people up so badly. AAS and meth sounds like a really nasty combo. This guy, if he's doing what I think, is either gone or headed in that direction. Eventually, it won't be only his life he's destroying. It will creep into every relationship he's got.

If he's worth saving, do what you gotta do.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    God only helps those who help themselves

and thats how i feel...

Thread Information