eliteforce is offline Member

Angry Infected with Winfixer

don't go to this site: winfixer.com if you do your machine will become infected like mine, i had never even been at the site and i got infected anyways; everytime i use the machine it pops up and insists that I install it, when I say NO it asks againj, I say no again and it tries to install anyways and I have to cancell the install, that often causes a crash..i tried removing the winfixer cookies and the exe file that was in my windows/temp folder and it keeps coming back..is there a way to get rid of it w/o installing a pop-up blocker? i don't need a pop-up blocker i just want to get rid of winfixer, i emailed them and demanded they give me a patch to get rid of it-they refuse to answer

..and does anyone know a site that I can complain to about this company, i want these guys busted for tampering

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Probably a Windows kernel file has been infected. You need to scan the whole PC and remove any spayware. yo can download run ScanSpyWare: http://www.scanspyware.net/ss_install.exe

P.S. Let me know if you need the SN.
    Last edited by Alex2; 11-25-2005 at 10:20 PM.

Zapp is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteforce
    don't go to this site: winfixer.com if you do your machine will become infected like mine, i had never even been at the site and i got infected anyways; everytime i use the machine it pops up and insists that I install it, when I say NO it asks againj, I say no again and it tries to install anyways and I have to cancell the install, that often causes a crash..i tried removing the winfixer cookies and the exe file that was in my windows/temp folder and it keeps coming back..is there a way to get rid of it w/o installing a pop-up blocker? i don't need a pop-up blocker i just want to get rid of winfixer, i emailed them and demanded they give me a patch to get rid of it-they refuse to answer

..and does anyone know a site that I can complain to about this company, i want these guys busted for tampering
    Got the same exact sh*t on my computer. Just started the other day.

has your machine started crashing alot since the winfixer infection, mines crashing like crazy

actually that sn doesn't work, but thx for tryin i'll just have to buy it

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Sorry I just noticed they have cancelled that SN. But you can try the Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta). It is very effective and free until July 2006.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

actually i downloaded norton tune-up (free 30day trial) and that has fixed the problem..the problem was that my registry was totally messed up and the disk was highly fragmented..a web-bot thing from winfixer detected this and atempted to fix it, I wouldn't have a problem with what winfixer is doing, except they demand that you PAY BY CC before it will be fixed-they have no right to force the issue like that-they should offer a free trial like norton if they want to aggressivly market like that..anyways winfixer is no longer popping up

spoke to soon, winfixer is back, as annoying as ever, though machine isn't crashing as much because of norton, i'll do the antispyware

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteforce
    actually i downloaded norton tune-up (free 30day trial) and that has fixed the problem..the problem was that my registry was totally messed up and the disk was highly fragmented..a web-bot thing from winfixer detected this and atempted to fix it, I wouldn't have a problem with what winfixer is doing, except they demand that you PAY BY CC before it will be fixed-they have no right to force the issue like that-they should offer a free trial like norton if they want to aggressivly market like that..anyways winfixer is no longer popping up
    format and reinstall..

xp pro with service pack 2..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

SwoleDave is offline Associate Member
    yeah bro, i had so much shit that my 3 anti-spyware programs wont even touch, that i had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall windows from my backup discs.

I just sent this email to visa/mastercard I want to hit winfixer where it hurts and get their merchant account terminated, I think visa/mastercard should be held accountable because winfixer uses them to cheat people and damage their computers, not to mention all the time i have wasted trying to fix the damage caused by winfixer..guys: please email visa/mastercard and demand that they terminate winfixers merchant account:

WINFIXER.COM these bastards are frauds! they infect your computer with a bug the keeps insisting that you download their software because it says your computer needs to be 'fixed' it then screws up the system registry (THIS IS A FACT!) and when you decline to download it, it attempts to download it anyways, when you cancell again it crashes the machine..if you eventually do break down and download it-WHICH IS WHAT THESE SCAMMERS WANT, it offers to fix the damage it caused BUT ONLY IF YOU PAY BY VISA/MASTERCARD! THIS IS TAMPERING AND FRAUD AND YOU ARE HELPING THEM! I just spent 5 hours and had to pay almost $100 to fix the problems that your fraudulent client caused YOU ONLY NEED TO GOOGLE WINFIXER.COM AND YOU WILL SEE FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS A VIRUS/BUG FRAUD THAT MAKES MONEY FROM YOU!

I DEMAND THAT YOU TERMINATE WINFIXER.COMs MERCHANT ACCOUNT IMMEDIATLY AND STOP HELPING THEM DAMAGE PEOPLES PROPERTY AND WASTE THEIR TIME! I AM ORGANIZING A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST YOU AND YOU WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR MILLIONS OF DOLLARS UNLESS YOU TERMINATE WINFIXERs MERCHANT ACCOUNT IMMEDIATLY. I will await your response, we have lawyers looking into this now!
    Last edited by eliteforce; 11-28-2005 at 08:08 PM.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Get Lavasoft Ad aware and Microsoft's Spyware one. Run both. Run your antivirus program as well. Try system restore as well.

ouchthathurts is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by ouchthathurts; 04-14-2007 at 11:28 AM.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    no formats needed , you have to boot into safe mode and run some anti-spyware / malware. Ad-aware , M$ scanner and such , then reboot and you should be fine.

ouchthathurts is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by ouchthathurts; 04-14-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Thread Information