Myka is offline Made Of Sugar

Arrow Anyone here from Knoxville TN area?

Im thinking of transferring to UT knoxville. I was wondering if its cool or what...

It would be really great if someone here was from UT...

chest6 is offline Banned
    Ur confusing me from the real UT

hmmm...texas

Maybe Ill look into that school too

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    I have two friends there and have been there twice and I loved it. Very nice univeristy and town and most importantly, it is easy to get laid. Your are lucky

Thanks Alex...

About getting laid...Im from Missouri and I dont want to go there because I hate missouri and MSU is the #1 school for STDs...

Not to put a damper on things but that is something I would like to avoid...Maybe thats something I should look into...hmmm...

Id also like to play rugby if I went there...Yep Ill probably go...Just a matter of time now...

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NewKid
    Thanks Alex...

About getting laid...Im from Missouri and I dont want to go there because I hate missouri and MSU is the #1 school for STDs...

Not to put a damper on things but that is something I would like to avoid...Maybe thats something I should look into...hmmm...
    I don't know about the STD rates in TN but it is really beautiful college town and beautiful friendly girls. You'll enjoy your time there. And the university is rated high so it is worth to spend the money and time.

Have you decided about the major?

Best of luck.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Im thinking of transferring to UT knoxville. I was wondering if its cool or what...

It would be really great if someone here was from UT...

I am from Knoxville originally, moved here almost a year ago, they also have a wannabe fake ass UT here...you will like "KnoxVegas" especially if you like to go out...just hit the strip and there you go, all the action is there...i went a couple times to some pubs but other than that i cannot stand trhe college pricks and biatches.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex2
    I don't know about the STD rates in TN but it is really beautiful college town and beautiful friendly girls. You'll enjoy your time there. And the university is rated high so it is worth to spend the money and time.

Have you decided about the major?

Best of luck.
    Well Im in Psychology...thats what turned me onto them in the first place they have a great program there...Ill be looking forward to those friendly southern girls

Quote Originally Posted by muriloninja
    I am from Knoxville originally, moved here almost a year ago, they also have a wannabe fake ass UT here...you will like "KnoxVegas" especially if you like to go out...just hit the strip and there you go, all the action is there...i went a couple times to some pubs but other than that i cannot stand trhe college pricks and biatches.
    Hmmm I guess I will just have to visit to see exactly how everyone acts with new people...I live in Arkansas right now so Im used to friendly people but they are too nice...I need to be able to call someone an idiot every once in a while...

swingbatta is offline Junior Member
    whats up bro?

im a student at UT. been living in knoxville and attending school here for the last 6 years. knoxville is a great place...typical college town. the girls are great, nightlife is pretty good, and there is always something to do if you are hanging around campus. the people all tend to be pretty laid back. one of the best things about UT is the new T-RECS center they opened http://recsports.utk.edu/Facilities/trec.htm ... i havent really been to gym that could compare.

another thing i like about living here is the mountains are only an hour away, yet your only about 6 hrs from the beach. atlanta and nashville are within a few hours drive too, so there are options if you wanna get outta town for the weekend.

my gf just graduated from here last may. she was a psych major, so if you have any questions on that i could prob get some answers for you.

let me know if there's anything u want to know...

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swingbatta
    been living in knoxville and attending school here for the last 6 years.
    Niiice, you must be doing something right

Quote Originally Posted by swingbatta
    whats up bro?

im a student at UT. been living in knoxville and attending school here for the last 6 years. knoxville is a great place...typical college town. the girls are great, nightlife is pretty good, and there is always something to do if you are hanging around campus. the people all tend to be pretty laid back. one of the best things about UT is the new T-RECS center they opened http://recsports.utk.edu/Facilities/trec.htm ... i havent really been to gym that could compare.

another thing i like about living here is the mountains are only an hour away, yet your only about 6 hrs from the beach. atlanta and nashville are within a few hours drive too, so there are options if you wanna get outta town for the weekend.

my gf just graduated from here last may. she was a psych major, so if you have any questions on that i could prob get some answers for you.

let me know if there's anything u want to know...
    Thanks bro... That gym looks awesome...Sure would be nice to have a gym ten times better than the one Ive got and it be free!...

Do you know how well the recsports are put together? It looks great but I wonder how well it works out in real life...I hate not having anything to do...they said rugby practice is tues and thurs...so ideally that would put me weight training mon wed fri...and the weekend for whatever...but I wonder how seriously the club members take it...

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Niiice, you must be doing something right
    yeah, a little bit of this

and changed my major...a few times

Thanks bro... That gym looks awesome...Sure would be nice to have a gym ten times better than the one Ive got and it be free!...

Do you know how well the recsports are put together? It looks great but I wonder how well it works out in real life...I hate not having anything to do...they said rugby practice is tues and thurs...so ideally that would put me weight training mon wed fri...and the weekend for whatever...but I wonder how seriously the club members take it...
    to be honest, i dont know much about club sports here. generally speaking, ut tends to have pretty competitive club teams tho. im sure the rugby team has a website you could check out...if you havent already done so.

recsports are great. very well organized. several intramural sports to pick from.

as far as T-RECS goes.. they are usually open till 11. it has been busy lately, but thats typical up until spring break. still, i rarely ever have to wait on anything. most of the guys there are tiny and only do the beach workout thing (chest, arms, abs). they have a great selection of machines and equipment. im sure you will be able to find any machine youre lookin for.

Thanks man...thats what I wanted to hear... "competitive" and "organized"...
    Last edited by Myka; 01-21-2006 at 07:22 PM.

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    Many years ago I was stationed in Kentucky and lived right on the Tenn. line, and took some courses at Vandy. The Volunteer state is one of my all time favorites and the people there are the salt of the earth-good luck with your move!

Thread Information