Fullback57 is offline Associate Member

Best physiques in the NFL??

For all the football fans on AR, shout out some names, lets say about 5, of the best built players in the NFL. Mine are in no particular order:
    -Ray Lewis-LB Ravens: Lewis is an absolute mad man, plays the game balls out every single play, and you can tell he busts his ass in the off season, I've read reports of him being at like 4-6% BF, thats probably not accurate, but still built like a tank
    -Bill Romanowski-LB Raiders: Romo's a complete animal, he's the kind of player you love to hate in a way, but wish that he was on your team. I've watched a mini documentary of him, and the guy lives on powder and pills, especially ephedrine...hehe!!!.
    -Shannon Sharpe-TE Broncos: You just look as Sharpe and think "Shut the f*&k up", but you gotta give mad props, he comes to play on game day, if you havent, check out his calves, WOW!!...rest of him is not too shabby either!! lol
    -Eddie George-RB-Titans: Been a big fan of Eddie ever since he was tearin it up with the Buckeyes, the guys off season workouts just wanna make me puke thinking about all the plyometrics he does, he is very well proportioned, plus he's got speed to go with it
    -Marshall Faulk-RB-Rams: Check out the guys legs...amazing size and strength for his height, must be all that Xenadrine, inmpressive upper body also...oh yea pretty much the best overall RB in the NFL too

bump

G-S Guest
    David Sloan - They call him Conan. Now with the Saints. By far, the best physique in the game today. Could walk off the field, and compete in a show right now.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'd take David Boston's arms

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Shannon Sharpe. Keeps his bf% extremely low, and has increadible symetry. Seems to me he'd be pretty damn close to stage ready

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    What about JEVON KEARSE? he's a freak!! 19inch arms, running a 4.5 forty. Wonder what his offseason cycle looks like?

Gear101 is offline Member
    one of the anderson two LMAO

definately cant forget Jamal Anderson, he reminds me alot, at least physically of Eddie George in just how strong and explosive he is. I'd also have to give honourable props to:
    Jerome Bettis-RB-Steelers (could lean down a bit, but when you can move as fast as he can being that big, why would u)
    Mike Alstott-FB-Bucs- Best FB in the league right now probably, bro has HUGE ass arms, one solid mofo

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    shannon sharpe has tha best physique imo... david bostons is huge and ripped, eddie george is a big guy also...but then again i bet there r some scurbs on tha bench who look great, but how often do we as nfl fans get to see r fav pro showing off there hard earned muscles?...not to often. its kinda hard to judge how big and ripped some of those guys r with there pads on.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Retired now but Hershal Walker had the best overall.

superbeast is offline Member
    Originally posted by Fullback57
    definately cant forget Jamal Anderson, he reminds me alot, at least physically of Eddie George in just how strong and explosive he is. I'd also have to give honourable props to:
    Jerome Bettis-RB-Steelers (could lean down a bit, but when you can move as fast as he can being that big, why would u)
    Mike Alstott-FB-Bucs- Best FB in the league right now probably, bro has HUGE ass arms, one solid mofo
    Are we talking about physiques or just the biggest? Bettis is slow as shit and very fat. He is also very strong. I've met him and seen him without a shirt and he is not well built. He was being photographed by the same photographer as me. I've been a fan of his since he was at Notre Dame, but I have to say, he isn't very fast and his physique is lacking.

Big "D" Daddy is offline Junior Member
    Jevon Kearse "The Freak"

G-S Guest
    No one else has seen David Sloan?

superbeast: totally not trying to start anything, but I have to disagree with you when you say that "Bettis is slow as shit"...yes I'll be the first one the agree that he could be alot faster but I've seen him break away from the defensive secondary many a time, you just dont it see it that much from him because half the time he just runs over who ever is in front of him. And maybe I'm looking at another guy named Jerome Bettis but that last time I seen him without his shirt off was on some NFL films special and in all honesty he looked pretty decent.

Fish is offline Junior Member
    I've seen the reports about Ray Lewis being 4-5 percent and that's bullshit.

I wonder what Bf% someone like Bill Romanowski must be at...he looks pretty cut up to me

xplicit is offline Member
    David Boston
    I never seen anythign besides his arms but im sure hes just as big overall. Im a giant fan so i get to watch him 2 tiems a eyar the man is huge.
    Shannan Shape is a beat also. I Think i set my goal was to look like jason seahorn when i first started working out i seen in him a fitness mag hes 4% bf and nice size.

thegame01 is offline Member
    my boy Shannon Sharpe. I see someone finally knocked some f%^$#$ sense into him .he's coming back to Denver.What about JR seau . Levon Kirkland.TD (Terell Davis). Gilbert Brown LOL . jk. Rod Woodson in the old days ,not big but he was one cut mofo.

redrock is offline Member
    Mike Alstott is just a beast.

Bill "Romo" Romanowski is a freak as well. He knows his supplementation.

Ricky Williams the RB is a huge.

Kyle Turley the O-lineman for N.O. is pretty solid as well. If seen him up close and personal, scary as all hell.

Actually the last time I seen a clip of Ricky Williams he looked to be trimming down a fair bit, maybe all that Miami heat will do him some good, and yes I agree Kyle Turley is well....he's a scary mofo

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Jason Seehorn

Originally posted by Fullback57
    superbeast: totally not trying to start anything, but I have to disagree with you when you say that "Bettis is slow as shit"...yes I'll be the first one the agree that he could be alot faster but I've seen him break away from the defensive secondary many a time, you just dont it see it that much from him because half the time he just runs over who ever is in front of him. And maybe I'm looking at another guy named Jerome Bettis but that last time I seen him without his shirt off was on some NFL films special and in all honesty he looked pretty decent.
    I'm in Pittsburgh and see nearly all the Steelers games. Bettis only had one run of 25+ yards in the past two years. So, he can't be too fast. He gets rundown from behind all the time. They can do some impressive stuff with film. I've seen him in person many times and he is not that well built.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    What about Junior Seau (have no idea how to spell his lat name)???
    Remember that commercial with him about 5yrs ago. He was shredded

"Bettis only had one run of 25+ yards in the past two years. So, he can't be too fast".......kind of interesting...I wonder how many runs of 25+ yards in the past 2 years Jamal Anderson and Terrel Davis have had, so they must be slow then right?. All I'm trying to say superbeast is that you dont have to break a 25+ yard run to be fast, and hey if you dont think Bettis looks good or whatever, hey thats your opinion

YEAR TEAM G GS ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD FUM LST
    1993 STL 16 12 294 1429 4.9 71 7 26 244 9.4 28 0 4 0
    1994 STL 16 16 319 1025 3.2 19 3 31 293 9.5 34 1 5 3
    1995 STL 15 13 183 637 3.5 41 3 18 106 5.9 19 0 4 2
    1996 PIT 16 12 320 1431 4.5 50 11 22 122 5.5 16 0 7 4
    1997 PIT 15 15 375 1665 4.4 34 7 15 110 7.3 19 2 6 6
    1998 PIT 15 15 316 1185 3.8 42 3 16 90 5.6 26 0 2 1
    1999 PIT 16 16 299 1091 3.6 35 7 21 110 5.2 17 0 2 1
    2000 PIT 16 16 355 1341 3.8 30 8 13 97 7.5 25 0 1 0
    2001 PIT 11 11 225 1072 4.8 48 4 8 48 6.0 16 0 3 0
    Total 136 126 2686 10876 4.0 71 53 170 1220 7.2 34 3 34 0

Who cares how many 25 yards breaks he had. Think of it this way he has gotten 2400 yards the past 2 years with one big break that means he busts his ass off for every yard he gets.

Im a giant fan i think tiki barber is a mini version of marshall faulk hes fast and quick as shyt but i cant remeber how many 25 yard breaks he ran for.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    A lot of big runs have to do with downfield blocking. If the receivers of a cetain team don't throw good downfield blocks, it's hard to break big runs.

EXACTLY!!!!!.....good call xplicit and JP1570. And ya Tiki Barber is in great condition, I can see how you could call him a mini version of Marshall Faulk, I think Barber and Ron Dayne make a fairly effective one two punch.

Icon is offline Junior Member
    I'm really surprised no one's mentioned Terrell Owens (49ers WR). The
    man is CHISELED from granite. He's built very similarly to Shannon
    Sharpe and David Boston, but based on pure muscularity, he may have
    both of them beat.

Also, I'd add Ed McCaffrey (Broncos WR) before he got hurt, the man
    had some hooks and definitely was low single digits in BF%.

$uperman is offline Member
    Originally posted by Pete235
    Jason Seehorn
    thats what im saying... ripped like mofo , decent size too

Seahorn plays with no heart he had so much potential its a glamour boy.

$uperman is offline Member
    Originally posted by xplicit
    Seahorn plays with no heart he had so much potential its a glamour boy.
    sorry bro....gotta disagree on that one

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver

Unhappy why not?

i see that no one likes my physique. although you dont know who i am. first person to mention it gets ma mercedes.

Originally posted by $uperman

sorry bro....gotta disagree on that one
    Im a giant fan havent missed watching a game in years
    seahorn is the same guy who went to pick up his freakin pants during a play instead of diving or atempting to pervent a td run agasint detroit 2 years back. He fluffs his hair on the sidelines all day, got burnt repeatly by the ravens weak ass recievers in the super bowl. He isnt the same since his knee surgeries and ill give him some credit for palying while his knee gets drained before every game but he doesnt give 100 percent you can tell when a palyer gives 100 percent he dont and it shows. He dont get dirty he is weak agasint the run. When he does come to play he may be one of the bst cb i nthe league. As a testiment to why hes a pansy the giants have 2 rookie corners and a one safty they lost garnes instead of having those 2 quality kids startign the cornors and moving seahorn to safty whcih would maximize there talent there gonna move some rookie scrub to safty and have allan and seahorn start at the cornors why casue seahorn is a pansy who doesnt get dirty and wont hit and as a safty u got to have those 2 abilities. hes jsut as big as shauna willims who is there other safty.Hes a big boy 6-2 215 pounds hes big enough to play safty but his heart isnt.

JERSEY SHORE is offline Associate Member

little gay

Question should be nicest FEMALE athlete but since you guy's want to be a little light in your loafers then i would have to say shanon sharpe

tidaddy1 is offline New Member
    I would have to say Ricky Williams, meet the man in person I would have to say he has some of the biggest legs that I have ever seen and his upper body is not that bad either. On sheer muscle pound for pound he has my vote because of his legs alone.

I'm not saying Bettis isn't good. I even said that I was a fan. My point is that I wouldn't call a guy "fast" when he gets caught from behind all the time. I give him credit, he is a hell of a back, no matter what he looks like.

Jersey Shore...um, ya ok bro ...start your own thread on female athletes then...all were doing is discussing who we all think has the best physique in the NFL, cant see that being light in the loafers myself

Since were taking about the nfl does anyone play madden ?
    madden 2003 comes out aug 28 I think it may have a hall of fame mode i really hope it does i heard it does but im not sure

heres the new features
    Madden NFL 2003 features online gaming capability for the first time and also includes the new Houston Texans and the new NFL divisional alignment.

Key Platform Specific Features
    PlayStation® 2, Xbox™, Nintendo GameCube™

Online Gaming (PS2 Only) - Features an on-line lobby area where gamers can meet, greet, chat and play Madden head to head, as well as download current player rosters throughout the real NFL season (roster update includes trades, position changes, and injuries).

Mini-camp - Features John Madden's Cruiser Tour Bus traveling to all NFL cities to complete skilled tasks. Take control of players in practice gear and become an expert in all player positions in your ultimate goal to earn unique Madden cards.

Audio Dream Team - The Monday Night Football team of John Madden and Al Michaels handles commentary, with dynamic play-by-play and more analysis than ever before. New audio engine delivers appropriate commentary based on current game situation and player/team statistics. Greater use of on-field player sounds, including player banter, offensive and defensive audible calls, crushing hits and improved crowd reaction sounds.

Improved Graphics and Presentation - New signature player animations like sidearm QBs, gang-tackling, stand-still receiver catches; new cut scenes with high-poly cheerleaders and additional emotion-based bench scenes; more than 300 realistic player faces; cinematic approach to camera positions gives new, more natural feel.

New Game play Mechanics- Faster game speed; players follow through, making hits on people without the ball; tighter control with quicker animations and reduced player momentum; more finely tuned passing game; independent audibles for defensive line, linebackers, and defensive backs

Create-A-Playbook - Customize receiver routes, player formations, and your team's entire playbook. Create virtually any play imaginable and play it on the field immediately.

Franchise Mode Enhancements - Just as you can in the real NFL, you'll evaluate and progress rookies, free agents and created players during a four- game pre-season; Export a franchise team to exhibition play; Rookie Scouting Reports serve as a new way to evaluate rookies.

Ask Madden - Legendary coach John Madden provides strategy and advice during both offensive and defensive play calling.

EA SPORTS Unlocks - NCAA Football 2003 consumers will be able to unlock special Madden Cards within Madden NFL 2003.

Thread Information