O.T
    O.T is offline Associate Member

2,000 for new computer.. mac or pc?

I have 2,000 to spend on a new computer I am a mac owner in bad need of a upgrade..I have been using XP now for 2 weeks nice changing up and using a new enviroment.. I like both

If you had 2,000 to spend which computer would you buy? g5 imac or something else (PC)? let me know your opinions

I wish .wmv would look better on a mac however my mac was old so that may have been the prob..

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    i think it woudl be retarded to buy a mac IMO, the software support, although it has come along way, is just not there.

i dont know what you do with yours, but example some of the school work i do requires a computer and almost all of the software is not mac compatible

you may be better off virus wise with a mac, but still id never buy one.

i use one frequently between classes at the library, i dont like it...why use it then?...lol cause nobody else does and its piece and quiet with nobody around

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    I would not buy a Mac unless you will be getting into the Graphic Arts field or something like that. They are also very good for producing music but then again you can get programs like "reason" or "fruity Lopps" for pc.

Sony and Toshiba have some nice hardware. I personally use a dell and it does the trick.

O.T
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bathgate
    i think it woudl be retarded to buy a mac IMO, the software support, although it has come along way, is just not there.

i dont know what you do with yours, but example some of the school work i do requires a computer and almost all of the software is not mac compatible

you may be better off virus wise with a mac, but still id never buy one.

i use one frequently between classes at the library, i dont like it...why use it then?...lol cause nobody else does and its piece and quiet with nobody around
    Well to the mac's defense.. Office runs on mac and that's really all I need for school software..maybe microsoft word and powerpoint..it brings access and excel also but I rarely use that...I owned a mac for over 3 years and to this date it still ran everything at only 700mhz that's one of the reasons I was impressed...usually after 3 years a pc becomes useless unless you upgrade

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If you are only using the machine for internet and word processing and such then you do not need to spend anywhere near $2k.

Go with a PC because the majority of companies that you will work at will be using one of the versions of Windows.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    If you are only using the machine for internet and word processing and such then you do not need to spend anywhere near $2k.

Go with a PC because the majority of companies that you will work at will be using one of the versions of Windows.
    Exactly!

If I were you I would just grab a dell if this was the case. I never have any problems with mine (Inspiron 9300)

decadbal is offline Banned
    mac is crap...

O.T
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    mac is crap...

if your going to post some statement like this atleast post some facts

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by O.T
    Well to the mac's defense.. Office runs on mac and that's really all I need for school software..maybe microsoft word and powerpoint..it brings access and excel also but I rarely use that...I owned a mac for over 3 years and to this date it still ran everything at only 700mhz that's one of the reasons I was impressed...usually after 3 years a pc becomes useless unless you upgrade
    ya i know, like i said i use one in the library where its quiet.. i still hate them. when you save shit in excell, it usually screws everything up. then when you use a computer that 75% of the world uses..your ****ed

the computer i am typing on right now is 6 years old.

granted its a P3 933mhz, but i have windows XP on no problems. vid card sucks 64mb lol

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    build your own pc...
    2000 should get you a good pc...

Thread Information