Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    decadbal is offline Banned

wow...fords downsizing

over the next 6 years they are cutting over 30k jobs.. thats insane, i think they said they are closing 15 plants....... thats alot of ppl out of jobs in the future.. thats aweful.

chest6 is offline Banned
    wow that really sucks..thats why Im a dodge man

Logan13 is offline Banned

union labor

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    over the next 6 years they are cutting over 30k jobs.. thats insane, i think they said they are closing 15 plants....... thats alot of ppl out of jobs in the future.. thats aweful.
    Fact: Union labor is driving jobs over seas. Exp. local concrete finishers right out of apprenticeship make $29/hr + benefits and they top out at $46/hr. I mean, come on.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Busheconomics at work!

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    wow that sucks

labor costs

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    Busheconomics at work!
    no, refer to my post above. Thank the Dems for backing the labor unions that push, push, and push up labor costs. Busheconomics has put the majority of the country in better prosperity then where it was in 2000, even with the disasters we have had the past 5 years.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan13
    no, refer to my post above. Thank the Dems for backing the labor unions that push, push, and push up labor costs. Busheconomics has put the majority of the country in better prosperity then where it was in 2000, even with the disasters we have had the past 5 years.
    The economy is not better than it was when Clinton was in office. It will take his wife a long time to clean up Bush's mess (Iraq war, national deficit, etc.). The only jobs Bush has created are crappy, low paying jobs. The middle class will not exist be the end of Bush term.

hilary

The economy is not better than it was when Clinton was in office. It will take his wife a long time to clean up Bush's mess (Iraq war, national deficit, etc.). The only jobs Bush has created are crappy, low paying jobs. The middle class will not exist be the end of Bush term.
    All due respect, you must either be blind to the facts or just using democratic talking points. Your statement has no basis in fact.........

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    to every cars american cars makers make, they will back 1500$ in insurance health benefits to employeers.

Japanese manu, will pay 180$ per cars

Koreans, just imagine....

but we cannot blame the unions or the economy, please look at the crap GM and Ford are making. Chrysler did improved from shitty to acceptable. Ford makes boring model, finition is crappy, fiability is crappy.

As for GM with their Dinosaur mentality it dooms them
    I have a chevrolet and if I catch the ****ing bastard that designed the front engine compartment Im gonna kill him! Take 5 hours to remove the fan!
    1h to change the lights, 30 min to change the ****ing battery.

sheez I have a 50k truck and the finition is not equal everywhere.

they are paying for their incompentencies!

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    lets not talk about bush unless u have any better ideas than he does!! Got any? Anyone? prob not!!! I hate when people talk crap about the prez! Nomatter who it is!! Sorry

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    please look at the crap GM and Ford are making LOL are you kidding me?

The Focus is one of the most reliable cars on the road.
    The 05 mustang is by FAR the most popular car on the road,
    The 07 shelby GT is going to be an instant classic.
    the Ford GT is back ordered and is an exotic..
    Please get your facts straight.

Maybe they are just cutting back jobs!!! Maybe its not a conspiracy!!!

And BTW bush is the worst president in the history of our country and ill give 10-1 Odds, He along with Rice and old dicky boy will all be in court within five years facing MANY charges.. they will not be convicted becouse thats how it works in the country. I crack up when i hear anyone give the thumbs up to bush LOL Look at our deficit??????? look at our relations with our allies, why did we invade iraq again??? WOMD? hmm none found and funny enough.. we learned WAY before we invaded Iraq that Korea HAD WOMD they TOLD US they had them.. but we didnt do anything. We went after Iraq becouse bush wanted to proove somthing and make his oil buddies alot of cash in the process so when he got out of office him and his family would be sitting pretty.

I read that 80% of our oil is from mexico! So i ignore the oil crap. Im not giving bush thumbs up or down. I just dont like it when people talk about any prez in office if they cant do a better job! Nobody here could be a legit prez! Bush is kinda slow tho! Ill give u that!

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12
    I read that 80% of our oil is from mexico! So i ignore the oil crap. Im not giving bush thumbs up or down. I just dont like it when people talk about any prez in office if they cant do a better job! Nobody here could be a legit prez! Bush is kinda slow tho! Ill give u that!
    How do you know that Clinton's wife couldn't do a better job? What has Bush done that has been good?

real world

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    And BTW bush is the worst president in the history of our country and ill give 10-1 Odds, He along with Rice and old dicky boy will all be in court within five years facing MANY charges.. they will not be convicted becouse thats how it works in the country. I crack up when i hear anyone give the thumbs up to bush LOL Look at our deficit??????? look at our relations with our allies, why did we invade iraq again??? WOMD? hmm none found and funny enough.. we learned WAY before we invaded Iraq that Korea HAD WOMD they TOLD US they had them.. but we didnt do anything. We went after Iraq becouse bush wanted to proove somthing and make his oil buddies alot of cash in the process so when he got out of office him and his family would be sitting pretty.
    You hoping that this will happen will not make it happen. Whatever side of the aisle you are on, use your own mind to figure things out. We need solutions, not Monday morning quarterbacking. I'll bet YOU that you have no solutions.......

timvds is offline Member

The most reliable cars on the road are imports.

Look up the JD powers reports on initial quality.

American products are well below industry standards.

As for Fords downsizing, The baby boomers are retiring, hence they are paying out pentions on top of having to hire new workers. It has little to do with quality.
    Last edited by timvds; 01-23-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    All due respect, you must either be blind to the facts or just using democratic talking points. Your statement has no basis in fact.........
    I'm not a democrat or republican. I want the best person for the job. You are an obvious republican. Sheep are either republican or democrat. We should want the best person for the jobl No facts? The national deficit is a fact. Bush admits that they was no weapons of mass destruction. Another fact.
    Check out Transit's excellent post.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    You hoping that this will happen will not make it happen. Whatever side of the aisle you are on, use your own mind to figure things out. We need solutions, not Monday morning quarterbacking. I'll bet YOU that you have no solutions.......
    Bush has created a lot of the problems... national deficit, weapons of mass destruction, etc.

Why hasn't our great leader caught Osama?

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer

do you drive a focus?

most of them before 2005 were unreliable, crappy made. My ex gf bring her all the time to the dealer, my cousin her focus is made like it was an afghan wheelbarrow and drives like a tank.

Mustangs, come and drive a mustang in six inch of snow, can be popular, thats one!

Shelby GT, not out yet
    ford GT 90% of the mortal cannot buy one.

this leave you, the

focus: the european one is better, here we call it V40
    fusion: ugly
    500: good but kinda boring
    taurus: zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    freestar: zzzzzzzz for the suburban who doesnt know what to buy
    freestyle: oh man!!
    ranger: Old, but reliable
    F series: Wont bitch about them!!!!!!!!
    explorer: done his time with the look
    escape: booooooooooooo, chick SUV
    expedition: guzzling, ugly, big
    GT 40: very nice, superb, but who can afford them in the normal world!

so for the common mortal ford are behind Japs and European, and my dad was a ford fanatic, bless the old man!

Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    The most reliable cars on the road are imports. LOL.

Look up the JD powers reports on initial quality.

American products are well below industry standards.

As for Fords downsizing, The baby boomers are retiring, hence they are paying out pentions on top of having to hire new workers. It has little to do with quality.

LOL.... the focus is a volvo design.. from euro designers. who are owned by who? ford.

It sit here and argue all day but i have a PT apt i have to be at in 15 min.

timvds is offline Member
    LOL.... the focus is a volvo design.. from euro designers. who are owned by who? ford.

It sit here and argue all day but i have a PT apt i have to be at in 15 min.
    Im not arguing. I have facts to back it up...

Are you saying that Volvo is HIGH quality?? LOL. You did'nt even look at the report did you.

Volvo is an even bigger peice of junk than Ford.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wow...fords downsizing-jdpowers.gif  

finger pointing

Bush has created a lot of the problems... national deficit, weapons of mass destruction, etc.

Why hasn't our great leader caught Osama?
    We can all point fingers at leaders....why didn't Clinton capture him? Fact is, the overall health of the US economy is good, republican or democrat, like it or not. The WMD's arguement is an old topic... it isn't as though the UN filed 17 sanctions against Iraq because they thought that Iraq DIDN'T have WMD's. World community believed the same as the US, this is not a theory held only by the US.

timvds is offline Member
    And when I say the most reliable are imports I dont mean ALL imports I mean lexus, Toyo, Hyundai, Honda...

nice try

I'm not a democrat or republican. I want the best person for the job. You are an obvious republican. Sheep are either republican or democrat. We should want the best person for the jobl No facts? The national deficit is a fact. Bush admits that they was no weapons of mass destruction. Another fact.
    Check out Transit's excellent post.
    I voted for Clinton, twice. But nice try. You just don't know what you just don't know my friend.

i think we need to focus on the fact that another 30000 americans will be jobless, they said 4000 maybe this week.. thats alot of hungry ppl and families..

MotoXracer is offline Associate Member
    Ford and GM are HMO's that make cars on the side.

timvds is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    i think we need to focus on the fact that another 30000 americans will be jobless, they said 4000 maybe this week.. thats alot of hungry ppl and families..
    I don't think they will just leave them high and dry my friend. Im sure there will be some sort of severence.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    More people Are buying imports for a reason.... and relaibilty is one of them..

I had to buy a new car last year..I didnt make the choice of what kind of car to buy.. on my own but when all was compared in terms of dollars, reliability etc.. American didn't come out on top

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I voted for Clinton, twice. But nice try. You just don't know what you just don't know my friend.
    You just don't know what you just don't know my friend.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I gotta vote today.. Damn

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Quote Originally Posted by hardgainer12

I am impressed, many people do not realise that the US gets very little oil from the middle east with our main supplies coming from Mexico as you stated and South America (Venezuela i believe).

Its amazing what a simple Economics class can teach you, that is if you have a good teacher.

Bush is a dick...he has proven it time and time again, no doubt he is making his family and his Arab partners tons of $$$$ at the expense of young American lives.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    thats ford for ya

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Nice, hopefully now i will see less fords on the road.

I have nothing to worry about because my Japanese guys are going no where.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    thats ford for ya
    exactly, if you want an excellent of an industy's care for humanity, search google for the ford pinto in relation to the gas tank locations. you will also come to find that the cost-benefit ratio for them to leave the problem be, and paying out minimal court decisions would be unethical......by far.

are you really talkin about a pinto, and something thats over 20 years old

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    yep...that sucks. most of the people that will be laid off had no choice whether or not to belong to the union. they have been paying lots of union dues, and in turn their very own hard work and money is what puts them in the unemployment line. thankfully the economy is doing well and many companies are hiring right now.

Why do people simply blame the president when something bad happens? If only life was that simple. lol Grow up people....would have happened even if Kerry had been in office.

peace,

ttgb

yes, but kerrys face, much like death, would ward off any terroristic acts toward the US, all we need is a giant picture of his face to scare away any evil doer.. that man has a face only helen keller would love

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I hadn't heard that in a loooong time. I gotta remember that one! lol

peace,

ttgb

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Busheconomics at work!

Busheconomics .... wtf are u talkin about ??? ...... It's called CAPITALISM. ever hear of it ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information