IamUnwritten Guest

Post Learning about Steroids in Biology Class

I just have to say that as a pre-med student, being a biology major, that I have learned so much MORE from this site in the past week than what I have learned in my biology classes.

I was in Anatomy and Physiology class this morning and we started talking about nucleic acids, proteins, enzymes and steroids . So my teacher starts talking about steroids and his fat @$$ just starts making fun of people who take them. I was amazed at the crap that he was saying. The way he made people out to be (that take steroids) was so rediculous! I was sitting there thinking, if he only knew (me, a girl) was looking into them. I'm sure he would be flabbergasted would probably be flabbergasted (considering his judgmental stereotypes). I mean, this guy is an overweight average looking guy and I think i'm a pretty good looking girl w/some brains to me. When he started talking about steroids and how they work, he confused the hell out of me!

If he only knew how freaking smart all of you guys are on this site, he would never teach out of his stupid book when it comes to the human body and steroids (etc) again! It's like if he only had 1 ounce of all of your knowledge, he wouldn't make such dumb, ignorant comments and everyone would understand mechanisms in the body much better!

So in conclusion...thanks so much for all the wonderful advice and insight you all contribute to this amazing site!

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IamUnwritten
    I just have to say that as a pre-med student, being a biology major, that I have learned so much MORE from this site in the past week than what I have learned in my biology classes.

I was in Anatomy and Physiology class this morning and we started talking about nucleic acids, proteins, enzymes and steroids . So my teacher starts talking about steroids and his fat @$$ just starts making fun of people who take them. I was amazed at the crap that he was saying. The way he made people out to be (that take steroids) was so rediculous! I was sitting there thinking, if he only knew (me, a girl) was looking into them. I'm sure he would be flabbergasted would probably be flabbergasted (considering his judgmental stereotypes). I mean, this guy is an overweight average looking guy and I think i'm a pretty good looking girl w/some brains to me. When he started talking about steroids and how they work, he confused the hell out of me!

If he only knew how freaking smart all of you guys are on this site, he would never teach out of his stupid book when it comes to the human body and steroids (etc) again! It's like if he only had 1 ounce of all of your knowledge, he wouldn't make such dumb, ignorant comments and everyone would understand mechanisms in the body much better!

So in conclusion...thanks so much for all the wonderful advice and insight you all contribute to this amazing site!
    Yea we touched on them in my sports psy class it was tough not to get up and make the teacher look stupid by giving the real facts but you just gotta bite the bullet.

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea, its amazing when you think about how much brainwashing ppl outside the bodybuilding community go thru, kinda makes you question all the other things you take to heart, but dont know a ton about

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    yea, its amazing when you think about how much brainwashing ppl outside the bodybuilding community go thru, kinda makes you question all the other things you take to heart, but dont know a ton about
    aint that the truth.......i thought the same thing wen i was taking bio last year and we got into it. this is probably my only "hobby" and thing that I have knowledge on outside of school. I'm not even close to being considered any type of expert on the subject but I've wasted enough time reading everything everyone posts to know they B.S. the shit out of you on some of the facts.

Thread Information