ya_man is offline Member

Question methods used to study....

Well guys....I know there are tonnes of you out there who are in university and college. What way works best for you when you have to study for a quiz, test, midterm, or final?....I've tried a few different ways...writing my notes out over and over, reading to myself, blaw blaw blaw.....so far, I really havent found anything that works....

any of you have some ideas I could try out???

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    no idea... Im just naturally gifted in math/physics/chemistry.. I hate the shit, it bores me, but I can do it. And it pays top dollar. I got through university on a natural talent, when I go back, itll be for something i have to work for and enjoy doing..

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    adderall, hate to say it bro cause it's not the best drug to be taking, i only take it for finals week but it's been a life saver for me. as for regular studying... i'm not real motivated so if i go to the library and actually sit around people who are studying it tends to make me want to study.

either that or find the most smokin hot chick in your class and ask her if she'll tutor you. even if you end up with a bad grade it might be worth it..

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I have unhealthy study habits..

Usually, because my memory is to some extent photographic, i browse info all semester.. absorbing tidbits..

Discussion among peers helps to cement the basic understand.

During the exam prep my approach changes alltogether.

I study non-stop... no sleep.. just reading.. and coffee.

As i alluded to earlier.. my habits are unhealthy.

But i function well under the mental force-feeding

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Well i almost have my A.S in computer science but have two classes holding me back, linear algabra and Physic2. I am taking my physics2 and i am already drowning in this @#$%. It honestly stresses me out so much that i think after my A.S i am not transferring to a university but rather Tech school for doing what i enjoy doing, working on computers.

When i think about it makes me depressed.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    I just head out to the study lounge cuz I could easily turn off the tv and such but eventually AR is gonna be calling and boom distracted. BTW evil predator nice mercyful fate Avy

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    I put any form of media away.
    take some ephedrine, pack a lunch, and grab all mystudy materials then go to the library where there are NO distractions.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAndre
    I put any form of media away.
    take some ephedrine, pack a lunch, and grab all mystudy materials then go to the library where there are NO distractions.
    ephedrine and caffeine is where it's at.

Just don't overdo the stimulant dosing.

I made that mistake prior to one exam and my mind went blank.

I was twitching too much to process a coherent thought

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 24labor
    BTW evil predator nice mercyful fate Avy

I needed something different...

i was sitting up, watching the results of a federal election I could care less about, and decided to search the web till i found one i liked.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Predator
    I needed something different...

i was sitting up, watching the results of a federal election I could care less about, and decided to search the web till i found one i liked.
    yea don't break the oath good ass album

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Aderol lol jk

ya_man is offline Member
    what exactly is adderall??

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    adderal is like rit****, but stonger. they are both drugs used to treat attention defficit disorder. btw, is physics 2 electricity and magnetism? and also dont worry about linear algebra, if you can add and subtract then you can get a passing grade in it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    adderal is like rit****, but stonger. they are both drugs used to treat attention defficit disorder. btw, is physics 2 electricity and magnetism? and also dont worry about linear algebra, if you can add and subtract then you can get a passing grade in it.
    Yes, physics is about electricity and magnetism. I am not good at the math calculations at all. Then trying to determine what unit it is , blahh, i hate ! I struggled to get through calc2 but i made it. On a batter note, I also heard linear is easy which i am hoping for.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i would always type out my own version of the test without the answers, usually by the time i was done, i knew the material... but id still print out like 5 copies and just retake it several times for myself before i took the actual test

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    I have unhealthy study habits..

Usually, because my memory is to some extent photographic, i browse info all semester.. absorbing tidbits..

Discussion among peers helps to cement the basic understand.

During the exam prep my approach changes alltogether.

I study non-stop... no sleep.. just reading.. and coffee.

As i alluded to earlier.. my habits are unhealthy.

But i function well under the mental force-feeding
    That is key for me.. When I dont understand something, I will get the smartest guy in the subject to go over it with me! I find that group studying with those who are "serious" is the best thing!

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    beat off, then study.

thats the answer to all your questions

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    beat off, then study.

thats the answer to all your questions
    LOL, or you could use the Billy Maddison approach. Nothing like a stripping woman to get me motivated.

yea bro, linear algebra is a joke, its very easy. e&m physics on the other hand is fu_kin hard. im surprised you haven't taken calc 3 before it, i thought it was a prerequisite for e&m. did you start the semester with thermodynamics? or did you go straight into electric fields and all that good sh_t?

Blog Entries
    I am doing electric fields now. Its only the 2nd week i feel as though i am already behind in the work ! I can't keep up but i HAVE to.

heard that bro. is there anything in particular that you dont get? for what its worth i could help you if you want

Blog Entries
    I find that i can understand the concepts . About proton/electron and how/why they move and such. What i need to understand is how to do the calulations. For example when they use 2.3x10^-6 C How is that a number?How can i multiply / divide these numbers. I can list more example later if you can help more on this. I went to work at 7:00AM and i just got home now 10:30PM i had work till 5:00PM Then class till 10:00PM i am so beat right now. (No spell check for this post.)

Blog Entries
    p.s
    My last physic teacher didn't teach us S#$%. He just let the entire class goof off and passed us all. I love getting a B and doing nothing but not it sucks big time.

writing things in terms of c is pretty convenient. my physics teachers always told me that it is best to keep the constants like epsilon zero, and mu zero as the representing sign, until you have totally simplified the algebra, and have to actually type it all in to your calculator. btw, its good that you didn't have to start that class with thermodynamics. i hated that sh_t, especially the maxwell-boltzmen distribution of molecular speeds. that is one of the ugliest equations i have ever seen.

what degree are you going for?

btw, if you like e&m, you should check out quantum mechanics. now that sh_t is COMPLICATED... to such an extent that it defies your preconceived notions about things that seem understandable. take electrons for example, they behave like particles and waves, as in if you have a source constantly emmiting electrons, they interfere constructively and destructivly, defract and refract the same way light does. after they tell you that electrons act like waves, you apply the schrodinger equation to the hydrogen atom, which is basically treating the bound electron on the hydrogen nucleus like a wave.
    Last edited by Tren Bull; 01-24-2006 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    what degree are you going for?
    I am going for computer science degree A.S . Once i finish my degree at my community college i was thinking of either transfering to a university or going to a tech school. I know college might be the best route for some but i am nore sure if it is for me. With working full time and going part time my A.S is already taking years to finish. I am 25 and feel like i am going no where. I havent learn anything about computes in a long time and that makes me hate college right now. If i didn't have a solid g/f that pushes me so much (in a good way) and a good step brother i might have already dropped out.

On the g/f side, its weird but having such a good g/f makes me want to do better for myself ! Just so i can have more to give to her.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    may sound weird but i turn on some trance/house, take out my text and just start taking notes on all of the major points of the possible test material.

im absolutely terrible at reading comprehension so studying is extremely hard for me but thats what works. i tend to do a hardcore cram session the day/couple hours before a test so its fresh in my mind.

its great that your girl has helped you so much. thats what a relationship is all about. as far as school goes though, you only need to pass this physics class. like i said though, if you got any questions feel free to pm me or whatever. this is sh_t i need to know anyway, so it helps me in the long run to help you. it might make it easier if we are using the same text book. you wouldnt happen to be using serway/jewett physics for scientist and engineers would you?

Blog Entries
    No i have a different book. Whats the math calculation called when de****g with numbers like i had listed before 2.3x10^6 . I wanted to better understand how to handle these numbers and review.

The part i hate is i don't even need this class. I am changing my major but i have gotten so far into my AS that all i need is my physics and linear math and then i am done. It would be stupid for me to change majors now.

2.3x10^6 is the pretty way of saying 2300000, technically its called scientific notation. another example would be 2.3x10^-6, that would be equal to .0000023
    i know it seems irritating that they would write numbers like this, but the reason they do is cause some numbers required to make accurate calculations are VERY large or VERY small. for example in chemistry, its pretty common to refer to a sample in terms of moles. one mole is equal to 6.0221x10^23
    Last edited by Tren Bull; 01-25-2006 at 11:23 PM.

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Studying well is all within. The ability to do well at anything depends on the drive within. For one, you exist, so you can do anything= no inner doubts about performing. That prob is solved. So what YOU WANT is to STUDY WELL. I say think less about how you set up, and do it how you do anything else.. by feeling it. Feel out what works for you, and go with it. And know this will take you somewhere in teh future. And as you study NOW, you will wake up one day in the future, be in the present NOW of that time, and get the benefits.
    You have to do what you need to do to study well, and nothing else is going to do it FOR you. Thats all on you. Just have to be serious and go for it, just as you would anything else in life. Apparently you are viewing this as a more of a serious subject because you know you need to study well. Relaxing is cool too. And put everything else out of your mind when you are studying.

different people for sure learn in different ways. personally i learn best by actually doing problems. reading is a very inefficient way for me to study cause i usually dont remember much of the info after i read it, so i end up reading it over and over again, which takes too much time.

mushroomstampr is offline Associate Member
    I do problems but im also a procrastinator so come midterms and such i usually just cram like an acehole

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    procrastination is like masterbation. in the end, you're just screwng yourself.

decadbal is offline Banned
    someone better quote my study method, its a gem

hey DSM4Life, does that answer your question?

Blog Entries
    Yes another.
    k |q1| |q2|
    F=------------
    r^2

q1 and q2 = charges
    r^2 is the distance ?
    what is k ?

k is some constant. it is equal to 1/[4(pi)(epsilon zero)]

r is the distance between the two charges

btw, epsilon zero is another constant called the permitivity of free space, its represented by a symbol (i think its greek) which looks like a w turned on its side with a small zero to the right of it.
    Last edited by Tren Bull; 01-26-2006 at 08:16 PM.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i went over the chapters writing out all the key facts and cram that shit day/night.
    paid off good, but caffeine and light amounts of cocaine helped out tremendously.

Thread Information