Thread: The last mile

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

The last mile

Filled with sorrow I bade farewell to my trusted friends today. Through out the years they never let me down. Side by side we walked mile after mile.
    In shining sun mealting the asphalt below our feet. Through blistering northern cold that not even escimoes would challange. Nothing could break the sturdy bonds of loyality. No battle to big, no challange unworthy, no task to hard.

Today I proudly I saw them put up one last fight, struggling through the feet thick snow. True warriors to the end.

Fond memories fill me. Laughing at the young adidas and nike walking past us in the summer sun, knowing they will franticly search for cover when the bitter winter winds sweaps in. All the morning cardio in the midst of gut wrenching cold. The moment I saw them in the store and knew we where meant for eachother.

But not even the mightiest can withstand the relentless tides of time. The shiny white started to turn into cracked gray. Soles no longer fit for the woods. There comes a time when even the best have to admit defeat against the gravel.

Lets all bow down in silence and respect, in memory of all the brave shoes that have helped us stake our path through life.
    Let them rest in peace. Sneaker heaven awaits those loyal servants.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    (im cranky because I had to dish out 80$ for a new pair of shoes. I hate spending money on shit like that. My last pair I had for 4 years and I only threw them away because my feet where hurting to bad from walking in them )

Thread Information