Said something to the pencil neck trainer today

He was training this guy, they were doing clean and presses w/ like 135. Anyways, the guy had terrible form, and on 2 parts of the movement his feet were actually leaving the floor. We arent talking like heals coming up a little, we're talking leaving the floor totally about 3-4 inches like a jump. I usually keep my mouth shut, but in this case I had to say something. I told the guy that his feet shouldn't be totally leaving the ground, he was setting himself up for injury. The trainer starts telling me that it's ok for him to jump a little and there isnt any harm in it, but i quickly disagreed with him. In the case he feels he needs to jump with it, he really should have bent the legs more for that explosiveness and kept the feet fairly stable, aside from a little heels. The trainer as well as the trainee, just looked at me like i was some sort of know it all asshole. Figured, as the guy he was training had a police shirt on and alot of cops are ****ing assholes who dont like to listen to anybody. I felt like walking right over there and loading that ****er up and saying to them "OK, NOW HERE IS HOW ITS DONE YOU ****ING RETARDS.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    you tell em

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha shoulda done it.

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    Your really gonna have a heart attck at a young age.. chill out

Quote Originally Posted by ttuprincess
    Your really gonna have a heart attck at a young age.. chill out

You chill out ho, I just may have kept a guy from breaking his back doing something wrong.

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with a little jump for explosion, but shit i hate traininers. good work

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    who cares, let him injure himself, u just wasted time in the gym trying to help a pencil

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    LOL I wanna train with stacked at his gym.

I would record the stuff and stream it on AR for all to see!!

Not just training, but a documentary on stacked's life

ttuprincess is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    You chill out ho, I just may have kept a guy from breaking his back doing something wrong.
    Oh im sorry.. everyone else can tell you to chill in every other thread buta chick does it and shes a ho?

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Please show some respect for the female members around here

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_DOME
    I agree with a little jump for explosion, but shit i hate traininers. good work
    you got beef with trainers foo!?

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I wasn't there to see what they were doing but there is an exercise that looks similar to what you are saying and the peoples feet do come off the ground.

Here is the description

Upright Clean:
    Now for the moment of truth. This where everything comes together. Here we are basically combining 3 lifts: The front squat which is the catch position, the jump shrug which we just did, and to that jump shrug we are going to add the concepts of pulling oneself under the bar quickly like they pushed themselves under in the push jerk, and also the foot stomp and timing that stomp with the catch or rack.

The athletes assume the same starting position. Standing with feet at hip width (jumping stance) back set, hook grip, wrists curled. They will take their quick dip then jump-shrug-and catch landing in a squat stance and the bar racked in the front squat position. The feet should stomp at the exact same time the bar is racked onto the shoulders. The motion is the same as the shrug jump only instead of floating into the air they actively pull themselves under the bar and get their feet back onto the ground quickly.

> source < http://www.athletics.ucr.edu/strengt...ing/tprog.html

Crazy?? maybe not for a different type of athlete not so good for a BB??? Maybe you were seeing something different

Oldman

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    ive given up on trying to help other people, unless they straight up ask me for my opinion. almost everyone is too stuborn to listen anyway. they feel insulted if you try to instruct them, regardless of if they know what they are doing or not, cause in their head they are right unconditionally.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    I know that you are dedicated to your craft but I thought I would share Strength Coach John Davies view on the power clean with you:

I personally prefer exploding (leaping) off the ground and making a hard contact to the ground with a foot stomp, but that isn't imperative. Upon completing the power clean, pause with elbows up high in a good "rack" position and your torso taught.

Not intended as disrespect but as an alternative method for developing explosiveness for athletes.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Here's a link:

http : // www . t - nation . com / read Topic . do ? id = 460338

I spaced it out, otherwise it would have been blocked out like this.

http://www.*************/readTopic.do?id=460338

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    Please show some respect for the female members around here

wow, I knew that was coming (calling your girl a ho ) (I was like "o shit, he didn't say that" )

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Stupid Trainers

Some girl trainer comes into the weight room witha fat 17 year old kid and he's got this huge Nintendo gut, bad posture, adn a whiney attitude. During the "training session", he asks her how to get rid of his gut. She says, no shit, "you'll need to lots of cardio."

The kid can barely walk up a set of stairs and she's telling him to burn off his gut with cardio. I'll bet he couldn't burn 50 calories in a session. WTF? Does she not understand that this kid needs to build some muscle, get his posture correct, etc...... If he put on ten pounds of muscle, the muscle alone would burn off the fat. What does one learn in personal trainer school?

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    Some girl trainer comes into the weight room witha fat 17 year old kid and he's got this huge Nintendo gut, bad posture, adn a whiney attitude. During the "training session", he asks her how to get rid of his gut. She says, no shit, "you'll need to lots of cardio."

The kid can barely walk up a set of stairs and she's telling him to burn off his gut with cardio. I'll bet he couldn't burn 50 calories in a session. WTF? Does she not understand that this kid needs to build some muscle, get his posture correct, etc...... If he put on ten pounds of muscle, the muscle alone would burn off the fat. What does one learn in personal trainer school?
    What organization was this woman certified through? Some gyms create their own personal training certifications and have their sales people take their test. They do not care about the service they provide, as long as they sell personal training sessions. Bally's is one of these organizations. They will even cheat on these exams for good sales people.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Have to find out about Cert.

Quote Originally Posted by Papi93
    What organization was this woman certified through? Some gyms create their own personal training certifications and have their sales people take their test. They do not care about the service they provide, as long as they sell personal training sessions. Bally's is one of these organizations. They will even cheat on these exams for good sales people.
    I work out at a YMCA and don't know the certifications the trainers there have. Some are very good but this one............

Anyway, it's sad to see it. It's not like she's messing herself up but rather perpetuating bad 70's advice (cardio for fat dudes to loose weight). It's like my first post here when I was planning on taking dbol and deca !!!!!!!!!! LOL

Even so, I wasn't recommending dbol and dec to others!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Whoa.....homeboy......stop the f*ckin' bus.

I am glad Vette and TTU already responded to you because I'll let them handle this, but if I would have gotten here first you'd have had yet another reason to get all pissed as is the case daily w/you or so it seems.

You've gotta know when to just NOT go there, and you failed.

~SC~

chest6 is offline Banned
    I actually used to come off the ground when I did them for fball

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Ha Ha Ha!

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member

Thats def not right to say some shit like that. She's a cool girl and I think she's reflecting what a lot of people think on the board which is just relax bro you shouldnt get so worked up over dumb shit like this. Welcome to life, you will be experiencing A LOT more of this.

Thread Information