Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

PubMed says, "abstinence elevates test..."

Well - for all those threads asking, "Does the testosterone leak out when I cum"... here is some info from PubMed...

BTW - if your on cycle - this should not apply... since your body is not making any test and you are controlling your actual T levels...

Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence.

"This current study examined the effect of a 3-week period of sexual abstinence on the neuroendocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm. Hormonal and cardiovascular parameters were examined in ten healthy adult men during sexual arousal and masturbation-induced orgasm. Blood was drawn continuously and cardiovascular parameters were constantly monitored. This procedure was conducted for each participant twice, both before and after a 3-week period of sexual abstinence. Plasma was subsequently analysed for concentrations of adren****e, noradren****e, cortisol, prolactin, luteinizing hormone and testosterone concentrations. Orgasm increased blood pressure, heart rate, plasma catecholamines and prolactin. These effects were observed both before and after sexual abstinence. In contrast, although plasma testosterone was unaltered by orgasm, higher testosterone concentrations were observed following the period of abstinence. These data demonstrate that acute abstinence does not change the neuroendocrine response to orgasm but does produce elevated levels of testosterone in males." PUBMED

A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men.

The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change. PUBMED

decadbal is offline Banned
    ive always heard that, even read something on it once, i wish i remembered where, but it was about where boxers wont have sex, or jackoff so their nat test levels elevate to some insane level.. dont know if its true, but when i go a while without, im edgy..lol

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    ive always heard that, even read something on it once, i wish i remembered where, but it was about where boxers wont have sex, or jackoff so their nat test levels elevate to some insane level.. dont know if its true, but when i go a while without, im edgy..lol
    Yeah - after so many days without sex, I guess the body starts trying to make you become more aggressive toward gettin' some...

"On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline"

Kinda funny, 'cause 7 days in a week and your T levels peak on that seventh day of nada... so, that would mean once a week the full moon comes out and you have to find something... or retire with rosie... And then the whole cycle starts over gain...

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Man ud have to be dedicated to keep that going!

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    so what happens after the 7th day?

i havent had sex for 2 weeks - does that mean my test is over 147%

ah man i'm confused
    to cum or not to cum
    that is the question

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    so what happens after the 7th day?
    i havent had sex for 2 weeks - does that mean my test is over 147%
    ah man i'm confused
    to cum or not to cum
    that is the question
    Remember sex and masterbation is one in the same to your system...

Here is a graph against control groups froom a horribly translated Japanese abstract...

"Subjects of group 1 (n=8) who ejaculated in the second phase had their testosterone peaks on the 7th day of abstinence. The testosterone levels of group 2 (n=8) reverted after the 7th-day peak and no regular fluctuation was observed if the abstinence was continued."

What it sounds like is you would have to sustain to once a week to maximize testosterone levels... waiting longer than a week has no further effect... could be wrong - reading that abstract is killin' me...

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm sure there are some 'a little too hardcore' bbers who will read this and freak. But it's times like this that I realize bbing isn't everything to me! **** pubemd I'm never becoming a monk so I can get bigger muscles!!!

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    I would ditch muscles in one sec for sex, sorry being a man takes precedent over muscles, everyday of the week.

Jantzen4k is offline Anabolic Nittany Lion
    IM GONNA TRY IT!!!!

see if i can make it for 7 days!

chest6 is offline Banned
    ive been on letro for 5 weeks now...so its been about that long..

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    ive been on letro for 5 weeks now...so its been about that long..
    He He hows it goin? Is it helping wit the old gyno?

Perhaps the people who run deca only cycles were right all along! If ur wang wont work, u aint gona be having sex and therefore will have massively unatural test levels!

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MastaAce
    He He hows it goin? Is it helping wit the old gyno?
    not at all

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    sounds great on paper but very hard to apply in practicality at least 4 myself

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    I'm sure there are some 'a little too hardcore' bbers who will read this and freak. But it's times like this that I realize bbing isn't everything to me! **** pubemd I'm never becoming a monk so I can get bigger muscles!!!

+1

its better they test this theory than me... I quite enjoy having great sex daily..

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    sounds great on paper but very hard to apply in practicality at least 4 myself
    yea i think we know what you mean....

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Yeah - after so many days without sex, I guess the body starts trying to make you become more aggressive toward gettin' some...
    I would have to believe that!

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Remember sex and masterbation is one in the same to your system...

Here is a graph against control groups froom a horribly translated Japanese abstract...

"Subjects of group 1 (n=8) who ejaculated in the second phase had their testosterone peaks on the 7th day of abstinence. The testosterone levels of group 2 (n=8) reverted after the 7th-day peak and no regular fluctuation was observed if the abstinence was continued."

What it sounds like is you would have to sustain to once a week to maximize testosterone levels... waiting longer than a week has no further effect... could be wrong - reading that abstract is killin' me...
    Looks like once a week is the way to go then
    thats fine by me anyway cos i usually only get laid on the weekends
    and i cant ge bovered to spank it in the week

mind u i have just started a cycle today so that may change
    now Where's that jenna jameson DVD?

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    This won't change my routine in the least... It doesn't say anything about which form of test (i.e. bound or unbound) is elevated.

*breathes sigh of relief*

You scared me there Warrior...thought for a moment that i'd have to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    This won't change my routine in the least... :
    are you talking about your forearm training here?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    This is why it is nice there is synthetic test you can inject. Screw waiting 7 days,

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    This won't change my routine in the least... It doesn't say anything about which form of test (i.e. bound or unbound) is elevated.

*breathes sigh of relief*

You scared me there Warrior...thought for a moment that i'd have to stop

Nice try Nark - but I don't think it raises SHBG... at least not directly. So if this is correct - you'll have to reserve your week day forearm training to the barbells... or stay on exogenous testosterone

Can you image tellin' your girl(s), "No... I can't.... we have to wait till the weekend when my testosterone levels peak so I can maximize my endogenous androgen levels this week..." lol

Thread Information