Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Massacre is offline Senior Member

Does anyone beleive their dreams mean something?

Well, do you?

I'm not sure what most of them mean. I think about it for days though. My dreams show me in a way that I am afraid to be in real life. My guard is down in my dreams. I am alot more open in my dreams. I can't see myself being that way in real life though. Life's experiences has taught me to always be on defense mode, my eyes always open, always looking out for that person trying to screw me over, and ESPECIALLY NO LOVE.

I always think about the dreams I have and what they could mean. Am I the only one?

decadbal is offline Banned
    i dont, i barely remember most of em

HULKBOY is offline Member
    i barely remember mine as well but the ones i do remember are weird like being chased by a giant hamburger and hot dog and running from them w/my dead siamese cat who is standing like a human.. i randomly get that one every so often since i was like 6 dont have a clue what it means and dont really care cause im probly messed up in some weird way so i dont wanna know..

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Quote Originally Posted by HULKBOY
    i barely remember mine as well but the ones i do remember are weird like being chased by a giant hamburger and hot dog and running from them w/my dead siamese cat who is standing like a human.. i randomly get that one every so often since i was like 6 dont have a clue what it means and dont really care cause im probly messed up in some weird way so i dont wanna know..
    Do you eat the burger and hotdog?

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    You should check out Freud's Unconcious wish fulfillment theory. Basicly it says dreams are unconcious wishes that we desire to be fulfilled. But since many times the wishes are threatening to the dreams concious awareness the actual wishes (latent content of the dream) are disguised. So the true subject and meaning of the dream may actually have little to do with the overt story line which freud called the manifest content of the dream.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    nope.. just fragments of past occurances put together to create something entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by MastaAce
    Do you eat the burger and hotdog?
    no basically me and my cat run around our block bein chased by the hot dog and hamburger then we see a closing garage and jump in it before the hamburger and hot dog can get to us then i wake up its definately the weirdest dream i can remember...

ADEBISI is offline Banned
    sounds like your trying to unlock your homosexaul feelings, see the hotdog is a penis and the garage is an ass, i have my phd so dont question me

Quote Originally Posted by ADEBISI
    sounds like your trying to unlock your homosexaul feelings, see the hotdog is a penis and the garage is an ass, i have my phd so dont question me

WOWWW guess i cant mess w/a PHD

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    right.... having a phd means you know everything doesnt it? about dreams though, i think that dreams can be based on your feelings and emotions, but some of them are completely random. someone told me once that when you dream, your brain releases a drug which has the same effect as lsd. basically, when your brain sends nerons from one part to another, the nerons go places they are not supposed to, which results in completely random thoughts. ive had lots of dreams that totally reflect the way that i feel about things, like being betrayed by people i trust and sh_t like that. i supose its easy for me to realize what my dreams mean.

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    yea i think some of my dreams are so f'ing wacked that they dont mean anything really...others i think they might mean something, but they could be simply reminding me of something and then because i was reminded of it i go do something about it..like call an ex or something...so its not like the dream was a sign of something to come, like fate or some bs, it just reminded me of it

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron
    You should check out Freud's Unconcious wish fulfillment theory. Basicly it says dreams are unconcious wishes that we desire to be fulfilled. But since many times the wishes are threatening to the dreams concious awareness the actual wishes (latent content of the dream) are disguised. So the true subject and meaning of the dream may actually have little to do with the overt story line which freud called the manifest content of the dream.
    I thought most of freuds theories had been abandoned in modern pschycology?? Sounds interesting though.

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Massacre
    Well, do you?

I'm not sure what most of them mean. I think about it for days though. My dreams show me in a way that I am afraid to be in real life. My guard is down in my dreams. I am alot more open in my dreams. I can't see myself being that way in real life though. Life's experiences has taught me to always be on defense mode, my eyes always open, always looking out for that person trying to screw me over, and ESPECIALLY NO LOVE.

I always think about the dreams I have and what they could mean. Am I the only one?
    listening to some paul and young ron?

Alex2 is offline Senior Member
    One of my friends had a dream that he died in a car accident at some highway. About two weeks after he told us about his dream, a truck hit his car while he was driving on the same highway and he died!

I personally dream rarely and don't care much about the dreams. But I think sometimes they mean something!

~SC~ is cool!

i like dreaming, its like a very intense high or something, plus occasionally i get those dreams where im fu_king some fine ass girl, or girls
    btw, sc is the man

Quote Originally Posted by HULKBOY
    WOWWW guess i cant mess w/a PHD

Oh shit, It's another one of Poison Ivy's alter ego's kissing SC's ass to be able to annoy us again.

Too bad she's banned....................

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    listening to some paul and young ron?

Who?

yea, and after only 35 posts.

I don't understand why you would want to keep coming back somewhere where you are unwanted. Also, when you're banned you come back under another alias and STILL ACT A FOOL.

I just don't get it.

i think she has serious emotional and psychological problems. shes probably on hard core meds just so she can act normal. btw shes also apparently VERY dumb
    Last edited by Tren Bull; 01-30-2006 at 12:29 AM.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I have dreams of the future. Usually it's a warning of something bad. I had a dream my sister lost her baby and 3 days later she had a miscarriage.

Sometimes they're good. I had a dream a week before my best friend when to Atlantic City. I woke up remember the numbers he bet and I told him. He won a few thousand betting the numbers I told him.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I thought most of freuds theories had been abandoned in modern pschycology?? Sounds interesting though.
    Many (possibly most) have you're right, but I believe there is some truth to this theory.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    I Hope not man I have some wierd dreams.

like last night I had a dream my mom kicked pa dukes out of the house cause he smoked weed, and his source was a cotholic priest, I beat up the priest, and told my dad to cut the shit, then I woke up.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Well, do you?

I beileve that wet dreams mean you aren't getting enough @$$

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    I beileve that wet dreams mean you aren't getting enough @$$

Humorous but I beleive that my dream was far from a wet one.

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i do not believe in dreams nor any of the superstitious BS

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, do you?

I am in the EXACT same boat with you. Don't you wish falling in love was so easy and less complicated. And people judging you on things that mean a lot to you really adds support to the walls you put up around you.
    (In my dreams i feel like i never second guess my decisions, and they are always the right ones. I'll act on a person, - such as a woman says something to me, I say what i feel and it's so smooth, and it's me and it's right. Then in daily life, i hold back because maybe im afraid of being judged. And to be honest, me holding back like this makes me feel less alive, and when i do act like me, i thrive and people enjoy being around me. They like the energy.)

I keep myself well gaurded, and this girl kisses me and tells me something about methat NOBODY has ever told me. She hit the nail right on the head, it was AMAZING. It's like she walked up to one of my walls, and yelled over it. She actually is the first to get my attention. A week later she tells me she cant go out with me.. but she still acts the same. And of course I was trying to figure it all out.. whether or not she was just playing me, doing one of those games to see if she can get to you then leave you dry.. which sucks cause i really think she's amazing.
    But the bottom line here is that i felt something for her. And i dont regret it not working out how i planned. even though she persued me, which was a good move on her part.
    So basically maybe it would be better to go through life, taking those chances, risking getting hurt, and go on, because thats part of life. We can't get goods all the time, we get bads too.. and thats how it is.. and the bads aren't even that bad. I feel like i am learning life and enjoying it for every second like a gift, and i enjo the ups and downs.
    It's all on you. What do you want to do?
    Last edited by SnaX; 01-29-2006 at 07:57 PM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    my dreams make absolutelhy no sense. listen to this one for instance.

I was in the middle of a desert in the middle of nowhere kinda in the year around 1 ad, like 2000 years ago, and peterpan in female form from the original movie was chasing me around and i was running away. it was the outside of a modern oil rig in the desert. then the setting instantly turned into mcdonalds and peter pan was nowhere to be seen.

im not making this shit up i swear. it just goes to show you that somtimes dreams can be pretty ****ed up and not mean anything. It was like one of those fun dreams though. wasnt scared when being chased, i was kind of laughing along the way i remember, but it felt so rreal though, had no idea i was dreaming during it

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    that is some weird shit iron......

i thought i was the only one with crazy dreams. on any given week i wake up sweating to death about 5 times a week. i usually remember everything that happened in my dream too. it seems like the most common ones i have are about sex, usually with more than one woman, and fights where i beat the hell out of someone or i die in a gun fight. it totally freaks me out some times im not sure what to think of them.

I know mine mean something because I am able to be free in my dreams as I am not able to do the same in real life because of whatever reason.

i think its too bad that i never actually know im dreaming until i wake up. if i could be in control of everything that happened in my dreams... now that would be tight.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe that dreams are your subconscious manipulating occurences of your everyday life.

Do they mean something? I believe that sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. For example, I had a dream a while back about not having the cash to pay for a bar tab at a club, and at the time I was worried about losing two of my clients. There was a definite relation there.

**Edit** Btw, I dream, and remember the most when I'm "on."
    Last edited by Keyser Sozey; 01-30-2006 at 12:47 AM.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    that is some weird shit iron......

i thought i was the only one with crazy dreams. on any given week i wake up sweating to death about 5 times a week. i usually remember everything that happened in my dream too. it seems like the most common ones i have are about sex, usually with more than one woman, and fights where i beat the hell out of someone or i die in a gun fight. it totally freaks me out some times im not sure what to think of them.
    here's another one for ya.

it was about the monster from jeepers creeepers

i was again in the middle of nowhere in the woods at night sleeping in a tent with this chick that i'v never seen before. So i start hearing some noises, it frreaks me out so i go check it out. It was running away and i was chasing after it. NOw that that noise lured me out to the middle of nowhere even more so, the thing turns on me and starts chasing my ass down. it turns out it was the guy from jeepers creepers who tricked me into pursueing so it can then chase me down. From here, it suddenly turns into day and i am suddenly with some group of people in a field trying to catch mr jeepers creepers. This is where egon from ghostbusters quotes, "its all over look what you've done". and a commercial airplane with a nuclear bomb in it crashes and explodes in the distane. egon is suddenly out of the picture and a guy from the group of jeeper creepers pursuers get a tractor, or a farming machine of some sort with blades that can shred shit. he then then traps mr jeepers creepers in the machine and proceeds to cut him in pieces while he makes a horrible ass sque****g sound and i thought we won and a sighes a sigh of relief. From here, its suddenly night again and i am running for my life back in the woods and terrified. I then come upon a trailure, and out of the window exploding out of the window with glass shattering comes mr jeepers creepers head and it flies at my face, and when it comes about an 1/8 inch away from my face i wake up. absolutely terrified out of my mind, heart racing, drenched in sweat.

i could have meaning, but its a pretty ****ed up story to say the least
    Last edited by IronReload04; 01-30-2006 at 11:54 AM.

I had a dream last night that I was going on vacation with my family. Somehow, someway I had a neice. When we were getting on the plane something happened to her and she started running frantically screaming. I walk behind her to see where the hell she was going. She goes into a hole in the wall inside the airport. I started talking to her and asking what was wrong. There was a black dude standing there telling me he just got off probation. I said haha, cool I gotta take care of this. He started approaching my neice(which I don't have in real life) as if he wanted to kidnapp her. I took out my glock and opened fire. I grabbed her and took her away. A bunch of agents came out and started opening fire on me. I jumped out the 2nd floor window and there was a van waiting for me downstairs. I jumped in the van and took off with my neice safe and sound. I woke up

Really weird... I had another dream after that but I can't remember.

BTW, the chick in my first post I had a dream about....well, I found her on myspace.

Weird.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    BTW, the chick in my first post I had a dream about....well, I found her on myspace.

Weird.
    maybe u saw her before

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    The dreams i like are the sexual dreams
    The dreams i hate are the ones where i can't swing at someone, its like moving in slow motion trying to hit the person.

Never watch the Discovery Channel when the lions are attacking there prey an try to go to sleep without dreaming about a lion attacking your ass.....that happened saturday night to me....lol

Dreaming about ex-girlfriends are the worst..........Fvckin Sl*ts

Mizfit is offline Banned
    i don't really dream .. i wish i did.. i dont reach deep sleep;;;

i hate u all

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I know mine mean something because I am able to be free in my dreams as I am not able to do the same in real life because of whatever reason.
    Those are called Lucid Dreams--where you have complete control over what goes on....I have those alot..and I do believe that dreams can tell of things to come, or are desires that we have.

I'll never forget this one....yall are gonna laugh though.

When I was 12, I had a dream that this girl i'd liked since like kindergarten found out I liked her....in the dream I was in a classroom, couldnt quite clearly see but I knew we were watching something on the TV.

Next day....sure as shit, she found out......later on she became one of my best friends thru middle school though..It's been about four years since i've seen her though.........

A week ago I had a dream that my ex came back to me...which was great, and shitty at the same time......Great because honestly, in a way I want her back..shitty, because I'm addicted to her completely so i've tried blocking her out the last couple years..

Last night at a frat party, I saw this girl that I THOUGHT was this girl I had the biggest crush on all of last year, and she knew. We were always together, best of friends, etc...In the year book before she moved about an hour away we were named "The couple that should've hooked up, but didn't." now shes married, and has a baby on the way...at 18!!! Sucks ass.......Shes also been coming by my work for awhile, seeing if i'm around...every time she comes i'm never there..

What sucks, is the fact that I hooked her up with this guy so she'd be happy because she had a huge crush on him...In the dream I had, we were both in our mid 20's and together..I keep wondering if it means nothing, if it means what COULDVE been, or what MAY COME..

Then theres this dream that drives me INSANE......I can't figure out what it means. All I know is i'm up on a stage and everyone is cheering for me, going absolutely ****ing wild....Everything is so blurry though, and I can never tell what it is that i'm doing..

I have an idea of what it is.. but i'm gonna have to work at turning that into reality instead of just a dream...

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anabolic CEO
    The dreams i like are the sexual dreams
    The dreams i hate are the ones where i can't swing at someone, its like moving in slow motion trying to hit the person.

Never watch the Discovery Channel when the lions are attacking there prey an try to go to sleep without dreaming about a lion attacking your ass.....that happened saturday night to me....lol

Dreaming about ex-girlfriends are the worst..........Fvckin Sl*ts
    I hate those dreams....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information