Thread: Buy a trailer?

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

Buy a trailer?

I'm thinking about buying a trailer. I love camping, and it would be really fun to have something to go camping in. I found one that's in my price range, and looks awesome.

Only thing is that my GF is throwing a fit over it. She's b*tched me out when I've gone looking. She thinks we should use the money to save up for a house. The thing is that I know that I will not lose any money on the trailer, so I can use it for afew years, then sell it or use it as collateral towards a house. Does this make sence? I think so... but just wanted to hear some peoples opinions.

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think a camper is going to appricate as fast as a house will.

Save the money for a house, get a house let it appricate over a few years. If you still want a camper after that, get a home equity line of credit and finance it at a low intrest rate.

A lot of people now are financing homes and including other expenses with them. It is really a good way to finace a car, boat, snow machine, hot tub..anything at a 6% intrest rate. If your home of intrest is apraised at a high enough amount, banks don't mind doing it.

Your neigbors will love you for it too, your house will go on the books as a higher value (because of the added extra expense) and it will increase the apraisal value of their home!

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    Get a house

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    The thing is, I am not ready for a house. I won't be looking for atleast five years. Since I wouldn't lose money on the trailer, I could enjoy it for the next five years, and sell it... or keep it. Does it make sence or am I dumb?

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Get the house!.

Hard Head is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Get the house!.
    And a tent if you want to camp.

Thread Information