Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tapout is offline Senior Member

100mph fastball simulator

I just went to a new baseball facility with some of the kids from my team(I coach my sons baseball team) and they have a simulator that looks like a pitcher throwing a ball. It starts with him in a windup and when the hand comes overhead a ball shoots out of a hole throwing at 100mph--holy crap that was fast and the impact it would make on the back stop was unreal. My nephew tried it and hit 3 of them. I may try it next time just to say I did it but wow it was fast. My son went into the 55 mph cage and hit almost all of them(he switch hits and hit them both ways) the fastest pitcher in his league is either 10 or 11 and throws around 55mph-- so I let him try the 65mph and he hit 4 out of 10 and my son just turned 9 so I was very proud of him.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've never seen 100 mph in person. The fastest I've ever seen was 94 mph ... and I took it downtown.

That's seems like an awesome simulator ... I used to coach baseball as well. Would've been nice to have something like that around.

Ive seen 102 in person with that being Joel Zumaya from Detroit against the Yanks and I also saw 101 from Kyle Farnsworth also with the yanks and shit is it fast.

But I know what machine your talking about, they have it at the Tampa Bay Devil Rays games. You can select what pitcher you want as well from Clemens, Peavy, Pedro and a few others...its really cool.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    When I said in person ........... I meant, "in an actual at-bat."

chest6 is offline Banned
    I faced a few kids in high school that threw in the mid to upper 90s but never 100.

Faced a few guys that got drafted in the first round...One was clocked at 97 the game we faced them and the other at 95...

Actually went 2-4 against the guy that threw 95..both hits were off fastballs

The key with the guys that throw hard is if they have a second (or third) pitch.

The kid that threw 97 had a wicked ass curve that came in at around 85...freaking IMPOSSIBlE to hit. Went 0-3 against him..didnt wanna face him nemore LOL

Actually no then never in person. But when I was a freshman in HS, Jason Marquis went to my highschool and I got a chance to hit off him. He was so nasty in HS. 94-95 heater with a wicked curve back then. He could also hit boy. Not doin too bad with the cubbies either.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i help coach a 11-12 year old boys baseball team. pitching machines are a great thing for batting practices. i tried a machine at 90.....the ball would pass me before i got the bat off my shoulder.....did get a bunt off it.

chest6 is offline Banned
    lol yep...anything 90 and over is no joke...

I had more trouble hitting guys that changed speeds well than guys that threw straight smoke...

Stock is offline Member
    My brother pitched 96 in college. I caught for him once while he was training. The fastest he was ever clocked was 98, but I wasnt there.

Big Drez is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyTampa09
    Ive seen 102 in person with that being Joel Zumaya from Detroit against the Yanks and I also saw 101 from Kyle Farnsworth also with the yanks and shit is it fast.

But I know what machine your talking about, they have it at the Tampa Bay Devil Rays games. You can select what pitcher you want as well from Clemens, Peavy, Pedro and a few others...its really cool.

If that guy gets his control in order he's going to be a beast...

Johny-too-small is offline Vive Memor Leti
    I used to umpire ncaa baseball. You should see my mask from umping behind the dish. Their a huge dents all over it from foul tips. A few of the hits knocked me on my ass. Crazy how fast ppl can throw a ball.

chest6 is offline Banned
    If I ever give up bb'ing I'm gonna start throwin again see where I can get..thats for sure. Ppl get paid a lotta money to throw a baseball every 5 days..

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I throw 200mph!

and can hit it.........at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    If I ever give up bb'ing I'm gonna start throwin again see where I can get..thats for sure. Ppl get paid a lotta money to throw a baseball every 5 days..
    Clemens....$900,000 per start. Damn.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by notanormalgent
    Clemens....$900,000 per start. Damn.
    freaking retarded

bigboy003 is offline Junior Member
    He has nothing left to prove, plus the yankees will make that money back just through selling his jerseys and selling tickets on the days he pitches...the dumbest thing of the year was paying 50 mil to the Sox japanese pitcher (just to talk to him), whats dumber, paying a proven winner, a hall of famer or some foreign pitcher who was good in Japan....the numbers tell me id go with Clemmens every time!

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Drez
    If that guy gets his control in order he's going to be a beast...
    I think he is on the DL now??

I also saw Kyle throw 101 with the cubs and I have faced off on 95. Once you get the timing down it's not that hard to hit, heck you know where it's coming from and how fast with no movement. It is harder to hit a Greg Maddux's 85mph 2 seam fastball then a 95 machine fast ball.

Anyhow that machine is pretty cool.

bbplaya21 is offline Associate Member
    Damn 100 is fast as hell. I topped out at 94 before i blew my arm out. Its been 9 months since i had Tommy John surgery. Only gotta gain a few more mph and im gaurenteed seein the draft with my height and speed. My last game i nailed a guy in the head clocked at 94 taking him out of the game the inning before i threw my arm out.

bigboy003 is offline Junior Member
    lol, i guess what goes around comes around....yea i play in college and faced a 100mph fastball, quick as hell....have u been drafted before?

nope, blew my arm to early in the season. met with a few scouts but shit happened so there waiting on me this year to come back better than ever.

sorry to hear that bro--good luck with the arm

good points guys--off speed can make a batter look stupid--I am teaching my son to use a change up--dont worry I wont let him throw any junk for a few years but a change up is a great pitch--his fastball is around 48 (not bad for 9 y.o.) and his change up is around 38.
    also 97mph to 100mph dont seem like much when you are talking about it but its a big difference when you are swinging at it
    does anyone remember what Nolan Ryans top speed was--I am thinking it was around 102mph and his curve was around 80mph

not to high jack............my 12 yo grandson is hitting 10 for 14 so far this season. i feel its been the batting cage and pitching machine work, thats done it. k. morgan of the mets give us some pointers in fielding, pitching and hitting. keeping your eye on the ball was his biggest tip. my grandson CLAIMS he sees the seams on the ball being pitched ....thats how clear he sees the ball. pitching in bronco(11-12yo) avg 55mph. and also football try outs for his middle school football team been going on. so its been football practice(mostly conditioning) from 2:30 till 4. then its been to baseball games or practices till 8 or so. coach(me) is getting in shape too.

thats cool capt--lots of fun coaching the kids
    as far as hitting--the machine helps alot my sons batting average is over 700 this season and tournamant is starting now
    thats alot your granson is doing and his vision sounds impressive--a tip you can do with the kids is take 3 baseballs and put a spot of paint on each--say one red,one blue and one greeen--pitch it to them like they are batting but have them tell you the color after they swing--really teaches them to keep eye on ball and you can tell which ones have the vision--see some people have trouble picking the pitch up from the pitcher while others can see the ball almost till it hits the bat--they are the ones with the superior vision like Bonds,Puckett ect.

how fast does your grandson throw

i would think mike throws in the mid 40s ... the PROBLEM is......he cant throw strikes in a game. its like he starts aiming the ball, then lobing, when he gets behind in a count. i give him two walks then he gets pulled. so far, he pitched in 3 games....never got us out of a inning. but we still are counting on him for later in the season and the playoffs. that paint on a ball, sounds like a good tip.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100mph fastball simulator-ball.jpg  

big kid for his age
    here is a couple of pitching tips
    1) pitching is all about finding your groove--teach him a good wind up and have him practice it 25 times 2-3 times per day in the house with no ball or a nerf ball--get him used to doing the exact same windup every time to where he does not have to think about it and it becomes second nature
    2) throw over the top and tell him to "touch" the catchers mitt with his hand after he throws it(of course he cant but have him visualize it)

soon he wont baby or push it --he will get comfortable,get his rythum and will pitch great

for speed you want to develop arm strength--you can do this easy 2 ways
    1)long toss--start by warming up then after 10 -15 throws have him back up 10 feet do this a few times till he is throwing from the outfield to home and he will get stronger
    2)weighted balls--they have baseballs with weights in them--the regular baseball is around 4 ounces and my son has worked up to the 9 ounce ball--have them pitch the weighted ball like a regular ball and it will build strength--but catch it it will hurt if you miss

I forgot about the stretch--in my sons age group they cant lead off till the ball crosses the plate so it will be next year before I work on the stretch with him --but you have to do the same thing with teaching it as well

go ahead and start workin on the stretch anyways. might as well learn now than get used to the feeling than wait

thanks bbplaya makes since--he is playing in a tournament now--then a tournament of champions in june --then all stars (he made team of 9,10, and 11 year olds--so proud of him) after that the season is over (late july) so will have 6 weeks off till next season--good time to start teaching him

we won again --we are now #4 in the tournament and just beat the #1 seeded team (this team only lost 1 game all season)
    I am so proud of these kids as I have 9 9year olds and only 3 10 year olds in a 9and 10 age group league that even has some 11 year olds mixed in on other teams--I only have 2 kids who played pitching before ,2 that never played and 8 that came up from pitching machine--we are the youngest rookie team in the league and will at leat medal at 4th place out of 10 teams.
    whats funny is we started out losing our first 5,was 2 and 8 and since have gone 8 and 1--wow this is fun

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout
    I wont let him throw any junk for a few years
    Recent research has indicated that throwing curveballs at a young age doesn't do anything to mess up a kid's arm; improper coaching does. If you're interested in this kind of thing, here's a good book (where it is discussed at length):

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=182&pid=1962

Giants11 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Speaking of Curveballs. Did anyone see Barry Zito last night, straight up filthy. Try hitting that fvcking curve ball.....No Chance.
    "without your word you're a shell of a man" - Tupac

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Speaking of Curveballs. Did anyone see Barry Zito last night, straight up filthy. Try hitting that fvcking curve ball.....No Chance.
    one of the best in the business, he first threw it at the young age of 7!

the damage that is done to young kids is not by throwing the curve however throwing it incorrectly and too often. My son is 13 and has a 2 and 4 seam fast, a drop curve and a slider he doesn't throw more then 65-70 pitches a game and has a long off season where he only works on strenght training.

Bro that 12-6 is just plain old nasty. God I wish he was a Met....

***Giants11 is a fictional character any advice given is purely for entertainment purposes, always consult a physician before taking any supplements, drugs or changing your diet.***

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wascaptain5214
    i would think mike throws in the mid 40s ... the PROBLEM is......he cant throw strikes in a game. its like he starts aiming the ball, then lobing, when he gets behind in a count. i give him two walks then he gets pulled. so far, he pitched in 3 games....never got us out of a inning. but we still are counting on him for later in the season and the playoffs. that paint on a ball, sounds like a good tip.
    my suggestion is that if you are serious about him being a pitcher and if you are not qualified to teach him how to properly pitch them get him lessons from someone that is, besides kids always listen to coaches better then they do dads or granddads and we are always rougher on them then coaches are.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants11
    Bro that 12-6 is just plain old nasty. God I wish he was a Met....
    you had a shot, just didn't have the $126M he wanted. I read an article that said he was at a bar with some friends when his agent, Boras, sent him a text that read 7/126, WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by edgarr
    you had a shot, just didn't have the $126M he wanted. I read an article that said he was at a bar with some friends when his agent, Boras, sent him a text that read 7/126, WOW!

We have it for sure.... I do however think the Mets were correct in saying that price was way too high. However we could have easily paid him. Although stick him back with Rick Peterson in NY and DAMN, he could have been lights out in Shea in the NL.

Barry Zito Isnt very good anymore. Hes pitching in the worst or 2nd worst division in baseball and hes pitching with a 5.00 era^. His curveball still has bite, but it just isnt as effective becuase his fastball isnt there anymore to offset it. Granted if he had more offense behind him his record would be better, but 10 WALKS in his last 2 starts prior to last night.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    That would be so much fun. I would love to have a pitching machine around here that throws 100mph.

thanks Anthony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information