IronFreakX is offline Banned

Microwave over magnetron...

Ok I almost have no idea about this but lets say someone takes out the magnetron out of the microwave oven, lets say about 5 of em or somthing and operated them without being confined to the microwave...

What effect would they have on objects, humans, etc..... and how would someone protect themselves from the waves??

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    you ever see what happend to the hulk..that would happen lol

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    ROFL, why the hell would you want to know for anyway??
    you better not be planning anything lol.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    Ok I almost have no idea about this but lets say someone takes out the magnetron out of the microwave oven, lets say about 5 of em or somthing and operated them without being confined to the microwave...

What effect would they have on objects, humans, etc..... and how would someone protect themselves from the waves??

microwaves are electro magnetic radiation that cause molecules to move around more, especially rotate. this motion is called internal energy, better known as heat.

id imagine that there would be a danger if you were to get too close to one, but at a distance, the waves would spread out and therefore be much less concentrated.

but if you were to get a concentrated dose of it, it would literally cook you alive, make your blood boil and without a doubt you would be dead.

when a microwave hits metal, it causes electrons to jump out of the metal. this is because of the molecular structure of metal. basically, the nucleuses of the material are evenly spaced out with a sea of electrons which are mostly free to move around. this "sea" of electrons behaves similarily to the way that gas molecules behave. and when the microwave hits, the energy in the wave gets transfered to the electron, causing it to move around faster (and sometimes jump out of the metal) but because there are bilions, well, technically moles (an incomprehendibly large number) of electrons with excited energy levels, there appear to be lots of electrons that break free

btw, when i was younger, i put a cockroach in the microwave. (thats fu_ked up, i know, and i would never do that again)

the cockroach looked like it was break dancing for 3 seconds, then it fell over dead.

another time i put a spider in the microwave. that ran around for a few seconds, then it's body popped.

collar is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    btw, when i was younger, i put a cockroach in the microwave. (thats fu_ked up, i know, and i would never do that again)

the cockroach looked like it was break dancing for 3 seconds, then it fell over dead.

another time i put a spider in the microwave. that ran around for a few seconds, then it's body popped.
    ROFL. great experiments, and so what is the conclusion.
    You would like to do it again ? LOL..

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX

It might be dangerous. The army has microwave canons they use on people but those only cause a extremely intense burning sensation on the skin. I assume they are finely tuned so they are not able to penetrate deeper.

I dont know what could happen if you rig something like that up. It would probably only be dangerous close range. If you want to protect yourself stay away I dont know if the magnetrons will even be usefull without the waveguides in the microwave...

It would be cool though if you could rig them up so you get constructive interference. 5000 watts of concentrated microwaves could cook things mighty fast

The microwave oven was(so I have heard atleast) invented when experiments where done with microwaves and one of the researchers noticed that a chocolate bar that he had in his pocket started to melt.

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired

Im picturing a cockroach in adidas sneekers and a hoody doing a backspin then exploding. LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    It would be cool though if you could rig them up so you get constructive interference. 5000 watts of concentrated microwaves could cook things mighty fast

oh man, if you got alot of really strong magnetrons or whatever they're called, and hooked them up so that they constructivly interfered with eachother... that would be interesting. but honestly, id rather have a gamma ray gun like we were talking about a few months ago. haha, a concentrated beam of incredibly high energy gamma rays would be quite an effective way of killing LOTS of people real quick

or better yet, if we had a way of emitting a concentrated beam of those "oh my god" particles... haha, i can think of some fun ways of testing out the full destructive power of such a weapon

seriously bro, imagine what that would do to anything that it hit. especially if there were trillions of them hitting every second... dear lord

Quote Originally Posted by perfectbeast2001
    Im picturing a cockroach in adidas sneekers and a hoody doing a backspin then exploding. LMAO

HAHA, oh man... why am i laughing? i actually fell pretty guilty about doing that

but for some reason thats a really funny mental image i just got

oh man, if you got alot of really strong magnetrons or whatever they're called, and hooked them up so that they constructivly interfered with eachother... that would be interesting. but honestly, id rather have a gamma ray gun like we were talking about a few months ago. haha, a concentrated beam of incredibly high energy gamma rays would be quite an effective way of killing LOTS of people real quick

or better yet, if we had a way of emitting a concentrated beam of those "oh my god" particles... haha, i can think of some fun ways of testing out the full destructive power of such a weapon

seriously bro, imagine what that would do to anything that it hit. especially if there were trillions of them hitting every second... dear lord
    well just one of those particles had enough kinetic energy to hit as hard as a brick....I still am baffled by that. Its just mindnumbing.
    But you would need a couple of portable nuclear power stations along with a particle accelerator that can outperform the current ones 10 times to get that gun

I wonder if a gamma ray gun would kill instantly though. Alot of the energy would be wasted just passing straight through. A good old fashion fallout style plasma gun on the other hand that would be my weapon of chooise

Now think of this instead.

A gun that fires pellets of anti matter contained in mini electromagnetic containment spherers. When it hit something the em field shuts down and blam

A gun that fires pellets of anti matter contained in mini electromagnetic containment spherers. When it hit something the em field shuts down and blam

anti matter? i've heard of that, but i dont think ive studied it. i mean, ive studied quarks and different types of nuclei. is this what makes something qualify as anti matter?

anti matter? i've heard of that, but i dont think ive studied it. i mean, ive studied quarks and different types of nuclei. is this what makes something qualify as anti matter?
    Anti matter is the counterpart to regular matter except all properties(except mass and spinn) is reversed. So a anti electron has positive charge, a anti proton has negative charge ect.

Each particle has a anti particle but some particles is its own anti particle.

When a particle and its anti particle interacts they get converted into pure energy Only way to get 100% matter to energy conversion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_Matter

If you let 23 grams of antimater interact with regular matter you get a blast equivalent to a one megaton nuke.

You have probably read about this.

But around high energy densities like in the big bang or a particle accelerator energy gets converted into matter.
    Half of that as matter and half as anti matter. But for some(I think unknown so far)reason just a tiny bit more matter is created. Maby one extra matter particle for each trillion particles created or something truly miniscule like that. Its only because of that unbalance that we even have matter in the universe today and its also the reason that anti matter isnt around at all in todays universe.

Anti matter is the counterpart to regular matter except all properties(except mass and spinn) is reversed. So a anti electron has positive charge, a anti proton has negative charge ect.

Each particle has a anti particle but some particles is its own anti particle.

When a particle and its anti particle interacts they get converted into pure energy Only way to get 100% matter to energy conversion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti_Matter

If you let 23 grams of antimater interact with regular matter you get a blast equivalent to a one megaton nuke.

yea i remember talking about particles and their respective anti particles, but that was seriously the last or second to last day of my last physics class. i didn't know that pure energy is created when you combine a particle with its anti particle. sounds like a great way to blow things up

yea i remember talking about particles and their respective anti particles, but that was seriously the last or second to last day of my last physics class. i didn't know that pure energy is created when you combine a particle with its anti particle. sounds like a great way to blow things up

it is usualy in the form of gamma rays aswell so you get to toy with gamma

If we could ever produce and safetly store anti matter it would be a whole new level of weapons technology. No fallout but all of the bang. Shit a suicide bomber would just need to swallow a microgram of it and blow up just about anything. Untracable aswell.

It would be a revolution to space propulsion aswell offcourse.

(un)fortunaly even on cern they can only produce extremely small amounts and only store them for short times.

well, theres always hope that guys like you and me will start working with things like that and eventually make it possible

well, theres always hope that guys like you and me will start working with things like that and eventually make it possible
    I would be happy with just fission powered rockets. That is something I would realy ****ing love to work with.
    But the greens would get there panties in a bunch just hearing the suggestion Someday though reason will prevail and when it does Il be right there trying to get a research position in nuclear propulsion. Im going to mars on a nuclear rocket baby

Il never figure out if they are to stupid to realise the truth or to dishonest to admit they are wrong

there are interesting things that doesnt require much antimatter though. Like this. They could become plausible in a not do distant future.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimat...lse_propulsion

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    The energy and potential they can derive from anti-matter looks like the future, real interesting.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Can you say death ray? Yes, I know what you are thinking... it would be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Prada
    The energy and potential they can derive from anti-matter looks like the future, real interesting.
    Tt would only be good as a energy storage medium though since we have to spend more energy to produce it than we get back when using it

Safety would be the number one concern since microgram ammounts can cause kiloton blasts. The power supply to the em field that the anti matter is suspended in would have to be 100% reliable. The slightest power loss and boom bye bye city.

I guess harnessing the mostly gamma rays produced by the mutual matter antimatter annihiliation would also be a problem. Its hard to heat things with gamma rays and hard to produce electricity from gamma rays.

But they fixed all those problems in the star trek warp cores so Im opptimistic

Prada is offline Anabolic Member
    Tt would only be good as a energy storage medium though since we have to spend more energy to produce it than we get back when using it

Safety would be the number one concern since microgram ammounts can cause kiloton blasts. The power supply to the em field that the anti matter is suspended in would have to be 100% reliable. The slightest power loss and boom bye bye city.

I guess harnessing the mostly gamma rays produced by the mutual matter antimatter annihiliation would also be a problem. Its hard to heat things with gamma rays and hard to produce electricity from gamma rays.

Agreed on safety. I didnt know about it's lack of cost effectiveness
    I presume only time will tell and what direction the anti-matter involves.
    I cant comment on the star trek, comments

jesus bro, imagine what 10 pounds of that matter/anti matter would do

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member

That made me laugh so hard.

Thread Information