Thread: Side Cramps

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member

Side Cramps

yo, i was gonna put this in the workout forum but i figured i'd get a bigger response here. Problem is: when i run long distances, i get side cramps on both sides. Most of the time i can tough it out but like today it was like being stabbed right underneath my ribs to the point where i have to stop.

I'm hydrating well and started taking potassium pills. Anyone else have suggestions on what to do?!?!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Jogging on an empty tummy?. How long have you been jogging/running?.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i dont know bro, prolly lactic acid buildup... where have ya been, how ya been

Well see i'm eating light around 11....pb and j with pretzels and some grapes and we run around 2:30. I was jogging everyday about 3 months ago, then stopped and just started again last week. I've put on 20 pounds since then so i know that hasnt helped but i dont know. I kind of hoped they'd go away after a few weeks of running but they haven't so far.

Just been workin and gettin by, tryin to get my girl out of the midwest and moved in out here with me. Congrats on the baby man!!!!

uhhh, help, i'm freakin die here

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    hey camaro, I can't find where I read this at cause it's been a while, but I remember something about caffeine intake causing some of the cramps runners were getting.

I know that at the time I was cutting and lots of cardio and having the same thing, some days worse than others, and I eliminated most of my caffeine intake for a while and after a few days it did help. Try it and let me know.

Good luck with it bro.

peace,

ttgb

yea thanx bro, i was drinkin 1-2 diet pepsi's a day during the week and then all the time on the weekend so i'll see if it helps to cut it out completely this weekend.

When i used to get them i'd drink pedialyte a few hours before and it would help out with the electrolytes but hasnt worked lately.

Thread Information