View Poll Results: Can the awareness of Behavioral Sciences in Bodybuilding help us in our training?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • "I think the Ketones have messed up your Brain Bro."

1 20.00%
  • "I gotta a lil' tingle in my head"

0 0%
  • ::slow stoner response:: "I hear ya man,...it's wild."

3 60.00%
  • "Definatley something worth looking into"

1 20.00%
    Kid Shred is offline Member

Muscular Consciousness & Behavioral Response

Years Later I amazingly still remember some fragments from my college Psych Classes, and although I'm still very skeptical about considering it a Science rather than proposal of ideas by different whackos on different points of the planet .......well that's another debate.However, I do see some ideas that could apply to certain Bodybuilding Lifestyle Traits
    The one in Particular that I've been pondering during these days of depletion, is the act of pumping blood into a particular muscle by means of a Conscious thought/s. Yes the gear definately may play a vital role in this act , but it was conditioned through the use of gear.Correct?
    I remember the experiments of Pavlov's dog and how it was conditioned to eat at certain times every day by striking a bell before each meal/s. After a period of time each time the bell was struck, dog would start salivating , and a certain conditions in the digestive tracts would manifest which increased body temperature & metabolism.
    Yes ,I'm sure that if Pavlov ceased to serve the dog food after the bell was struck, the dog would uncondition himself to the response.Instead of Salivating & Increased Body Temp/Metablism........ the dog would just get really pissed and ring Pavlov's Bells.......grrr.
    I was just wondering if his theories could be applied to wierd coincidences in my training lifestyle and possibly some of you. Like.... why I always get a great pump on certain chest day at a certain gym when my usual routine is used? Why my morning calf raises on an empty stomach pumps more blood into my calves both visually and sensationally than afternoon/Night calf workouts ?
    Obviously the factors of our conditioning are a bit more complex than ....a Leash, A bowl, Pavlov & a Bell,...... but I still think we can aid our progress by trying to uncover some of these factors that are hindering our training .Factors that we are not considering. Just wanted to know what you guys think .
    I'm sure we have a lot of Pysch Bro's and Sis out here so please correct me if any of my info is misinformed or whatnot. I'm actually quite interested in Behavioral Science & Bodybuilding and would love it if anyone know where I can find research on it. Thanks for listening to my mumblings.
    Last edited by Kid Shred; 05-10-2002 at 12:58 AM.

solid90062 is offline Member
    things that make you say, "Hmmmmmmm..."

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I'm really starting to feel the effects of not going to college...let me reread that a few more times and get back to ya.

Just a suggestion ....bump.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BigD
    I'm really starting to feel the effects of not going to college...let me reread that a few more times and get back to ya.
    BigD your a funny ass mofo , i see your posts and a small majority of the time your talking about how your should get back into school. Whatever you decide man i think you could prolly get by on your sence of humor.

im a computer science major

Gimme some input Bro's , am I the only one who ponders such things?
    I should probably see a shrink ,.....but then I wouldn't be able to deal with the fact that I'm seeing a Shrink. Gimme some of your thoughts .

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    BUMP.

very interesting question.

This might be related but I always get a better pump in my arms if I workout in a tank top or something with no sleves. When I watch my arms in the mirror I alwasy feel them getting pumped upp, but if I workout in a sweatshirt I get lesser pumps.

The first time I tried vanadyl sulphat I got such a damn pump in my arms that has never ever repeted itself again, it feelt like the skin on my arms would get torn apart and I could hardly even flex because it was so painful(but still nice ). And I dont think it was the vanadyl that did it, probably a combination of my mind and the vanadyl.
    Must have been a huge placebo effect from it.

Thread Information