Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur

Question This Years Suicide Rate...

For all the Sociology majors, you'll have an idea what I'm talking about... I've noticed, in Ontario, Canada, and over in California the weather has been fantastic (could be global, I dunno). Probably the best winter we have ever seen. All the southerners are laughing at me right now, "Guuuud wieeenter, Canida?!?!"... but yes, it's been rather mild, sunny, and enjoyable. From what I've learned, suicide rates are higher during winter season... almost an egoistic phase. Individuals become secluded to themselves and are not sufficiently bound to social groups (and therefore well-defined values, traditions, norms, and goals) were left with little social support or guidance, and therefore tended to commit suicide on an increased basis. I wonder, just WONDER if the tables will slightly turn this year... if our rates will have decreased slightly.

Common Nark, whaddya think?

If this belongs in the political forum, please delete it... it's scary in there!

It's been a while since I studied these patterns, SO, please PLEASE correct me or provide new info... it's all fun and interesting.

that sucks, people need to keep killing themselves.... keeps population in control

natural selection

survival of the fittest

only the strong will survive

S.P.G is offline AR Workout Scientist
    Crazy...... what makes someone take there on life, to think things are so bad that its better to be nothing just let it all go,

personally I think the majority of ppl that commit Suicide have other mental problems.

I hope I never know what it is they feel .

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Sane
    For all the Sociology majors, you'll have an idea what I'm talking about... I've noticed, in Ontario, Canada, and over in California the weather has been fantastic (could be global, I dunno). Probably the best winter we have ever seen. All the southerners are laughing at me right now, "Guuuud wieeenter, Canida?!?!"... but yes, it's been rather mild, sunny, and enjoyable. From what I've learned, suicide rates are higher during winter season... almost an egoistic phase. Individuals become secluded to themselves and are not sufficiently bound to social groups (and therefore well-defined values, traditions, norms, and goals) were left with little social support or guidance, and therefore tended to commit suicide on an increased basis. I wonder, just WONDER if the tables will slightly turn this year... if our rates will have decreased slightly.

Common Nark, whaddya think?

If this belongs in the political forum, please delete it... it's scary in there!

It's been a while since I studied these patterns, SO, please PLEASE correct me or provide new info... it's all fun and interesting.
    suicide are actually the lowest in the winter and highest in spring.
    heres a ling to some facts http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/suifacts.htm

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    O mannnnn its gloomy outside, im gonna end it all.

DamnYouMSN is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SVTMuscle
    O mannnnn its gloomy outside, im gonna end it all.
    make sure you don't ruin the furniture....lol

SVTMuscle* is offline Banned
    im gonna it neat and clean and just stick to the good old rope from something really sturdy from the ceiling haha

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYouMSN
    suicide are actually the lowest in the winter and highest in spring.
    heres a ling to some facts http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/suifacts.htm
    brilliant!! thank you... but i am still certain that I heard it is lowest in the winter somewhere... could be outdated information... I'll try to provide a fact.

Thread Information