PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member

I'm through with squats..

..deads and leg presses. I just got back from the gym. I've had a torn muscle in my lower back the past 3 months and I've been seeing physio for about a month now while it has been heal.ing. It improved alot lately so my physio therapist wanted to get me back on squats and deads. I was alittle weary at first because I've re-injured my back 2 or 3 different times doing these exercises. So he tells me to do box squats using very little weight (1 plate a side). And on my 6 rep of my first set (using perfect form) I feel a crack! not again! I was doing 135 ****ing pounds! I didnt think it was possible to hurt yourself with that much weight. Its obvious that no matter how much weight I use I'm just going to keep hurting myself doing these exercises so I'm going to bitch slap my physio guy tomorrow and tell him no more squats and deads for 6 months because I just set myself back 2 months today. I dont know how much more of this I can take.

decadbal is offline Banned
    good luck man, dont count em out, just remove them for a while.. then maybe ease back in, either way do what is best for you

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    why the fck is this physio pushing you to do this work while you are still injured?? youare still in the sub acute pahse opf he****g give yourself at least 8 more wk befor you even attempt to box squat 135, you will be able to squat again, just no rt now, stick with GHR, reverse hyperextension movements like the roman chair etc etc and knock off the squat and dead unitl you are ready

chest6 is offline Banned
    U got a dumb physio..dont rush things. That really sucks man I fvckin hate injuries

Thread Information