Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    hotstuff is offline Female Member
    has it made a difference for you??

Quote Originally Posted by MinkyGirl
    I second that...when my doctor told me I needed to be medicated at 21 I told him he was crazy and walked out of the office. Three months later on the verge of a nervous breakdown because of poor performance in school and work, I went back a humbled person.

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    HMM well i won't get all huffy.. The truth of the matter is your correct..

I chose the wrong profession.. I am an executive.. and in the field i chose i am required to pay attention and sit still. i have to pay attention. i would be just as smart, but wouldn't be able to do my job.

I don't take meds outside of work, it doesn't hinder my personality and what you say is your opinion and to be honest what makes me different is also what makes me unique and some of the ADHd traits have also have benefits to my employer as they have offered a different perspective. As long, as I am kept occupied and have stuff to do I’m fine. It's only when I’m bored and don't keep lists and am let to wander that i go astray. I have learnt ways to deal with it.

You saying someone will be hospitalized is a bit harsh - i want to be successful and i am.

Cheers I knew you were to cool to be a normal person ADD rocks..I love adderallxr

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BEER WHORE
    Cheers I knew you were to cool to be a normal person ADD rocks..I love adderallxr
    hahha thanks.. but if i don't tell someone.. they usually won't know.. I have ADHD.

My attention span is bad at times, but most ppl just let it go because i have a pretty strong personality.. unique..

One bad thing about it is that in some instances, if you do tell ppl, it could be used against you.

BEER WHORE is offline Member
    hahha thanks.. but if i don't tell someone.. they usually won't know.. I have ADHD.

My attention span is bad at times, but most ppl just let it go because i have a pretty strong personality.. unique..

One bad thing about it is that in some instances, if you do tell ppl, it could be used against you.
    very true some people will but.... geez could you think what your life might be like with out ADD meds.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BEER WHORE
    very true some people will but.... geez could you think what your life might be like with out ADD meds.
    Yah i can.. i lived like that for a long time..

The reason i chose medication is for work.. the things i had assumed no one noticed, well they did... and professionally it was starting to hurt me.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i used R I T A L I N when i was in grad school and i didnt have ADD, it helped alot but it is a methamphetimine, so be careful, can become addictive

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i used R I T A L I N when i was in grad school and i didnt have ADD, it helped alot but it is a methamphetimine, so be careful, can become addictive
    everything can be abused and quite a few thing are addictive.

That;s what i take but i have ADHD. I never take more than im supposed too..

Part of the screen here when it's prescribe is to ensure you don't have an addictive personality. quite often if you have abused drugs in the past, you are given a non stimulant ADD medication - stratera.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    everything can be abused and quite a few thing are addictive.

That;s what i take but i have ADHD. I never take more than im supposed too..

Part of the screen here when it's prescribe is to ensure you don't have an addictive personality. quite often if you have abused drugs in the past, you are given a non stimulant ADD medication - stratera.
    i had alot of friends who used to beg me for the rit so they could snort it ,poor mans coke, i think the screening process should be alot better than it is currently and i wouldnt give it to children, i think the side effects will be bad in the future for kids who start using this drug for along time and will become dependent on it

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i had alot of friends who used to beg me for the rit so they could snort it ,poor mans coke, i think the screening process should be alot better than it is currently and i wouldnt give it to children, i think the side effects will be bad in the future for kids who start using this drug for along time and will become dependent on it
    People ask fro mine as well. and i don't give it to them.

I agree with you abut the screening process. i was diagnoised by a neurologist. i dom't think GP's should be able to prescribe it.

D00fy is offline Anabolic Member
    what type of doctor should i goto to get prscribed for adderall, a regular pyshician or a psychologists? dont psychologists cost allot of money and is this covered by insurance?

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D00fy
    what type of doctor should i goto to get prscribed for adderall, a regular pyshician or a psychologists? dont psychologists cost allot of money and is this covered by insurance?
    go to regular doctor to get a referal elsewhere.

If you dont haver ADHD - sometimes meds are hard to acquire - which is good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information