Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    giodev8s is offline New Member

which ADD meds are better? help

ok i have taken adderall for like during tests n it kicks ass i like it but people have there preferance. i want to get a prescription to actually take it to do better in college n to have fun at the ocasional party's. but, i just wanted to know which is best adderall, dexedrin, or rit**** or if theres something better out there?

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i take adderrall i love it .i got depressed on the other ones,i started taking it again when i started college helps me alote.

I don't mean to preach her...But you're ****ing with legal meth. If you want what is best in the long run then start practicing self mastery, or else you'll always be reliant on a drug.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    if you don't have ADD and are taking it for fun and as you say "stuff" go play with street "stuff" leave real meds to those who need it.

ADD medications are a great tool for people who suffer.. when those wgo dont have it abuse them it makes it much harder for people who need to to get scripts.

Here Ask your doctor for Stratera.. it will have you flying like a kite.. best ADD meds for those who want to the resource

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by notanormalgent
    I don't mean to preach her...But you're ****ing with legal meth. If you want what is best in the long run then start practicing self mastery, or else you'll always be reliant on a drug.
    The effect it has on someone who has ADD and those who don't have quite different FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Mizfit
    The effect it has on someone who has ADD and those who don't have quite different FYI
    Thanks, I already know that, though. I used to be prescribed Adderall when I was in high school, then I realized that I had more control once I went on vacation for three months, leaving behind all the garbage that American society can stuff into your head.

Do you realize how easy it is to be diagnosed ADD/ADHD? What about all of those people that are diagnosed as depressed and with anxiety problems? All of these people have to rely on pills for the rest of their lives, but that's because they believe that's their only option. It's definitely not.

Just like we have to work to take control over our bodies, we have to do the same with our minds.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Thanks, I already know that, though. I used to be prescribed Adderall when I was in high school, then I realized that I had more control once I went on vacation for three months, leaving behind all the garbage that American society can stuff into your head.

Do you realize how easy it is to be diagnosed ADD/ADHD? What about all of those people that are diagnosed as depressed and with anxiety problems? All of these people have to rely on pills for the rest of their lives, but that's because they believe that's their only option. It's definitely not.

Just like we have to work to take control over our bodies, we have to do the same with our minds.
    Yes i do realize that.. but i assume it really is based on what type of career you chose.. i work in a very corporate envirnment where my atteion si required a 100%, and i have to pay close attenion to detail.. and stay focused.

In personal areas of my life medication is not required and i don't use it.. but in order to be where i want to be and get where i want in my current career choice.. i have to do, what i have to do.. and my reviews.. back it up.. I'm not talking the differnce in grade.. (I like getting up early and being a hyper chirpy chick)

My review in 2005 was a rude awakening.. it was full of daydreamer, loses focuses, can't finish a task, don't pay attenion.. - the list goes on.

That night i went home and cried and realized i had two options. I could change careers. Something that i had worked so hard to build..

Or finally actually take medication.. only when i need it.. and continue building a career i have work my ass off to do.

The things that were cute when i was 20.. aren't as cute anymore now im reaching 30.. and i have to realize that a few of the quirks hat come with my ADD are gonna just be looked over unless i deal with them in my business life and that can really only be conteracted with medication.

I work in Corporate Advertising and Sponsorships.

If you chose to take medications you have to do it responsbly.. and i do.. and i also have the disorder (ADHD)
    Last edited by Mizfit; 02-03-2006 at 03:55 AM.

Wow, honestly, I feel sorry for you. I understand where you want to go, but the truth is you're not doing what you love, because if you were then concentration wouldn't be an issue. So they give you these pills to make you numb and work like a robot.

Anyone is going to have "ADD" is you try to get them to do something you don't want to do.

Now...Through training your mind, you can get yourself to love literally anything. It takes time to get it down, like anything else. This sounds crazy, but what you do is in a sense hypnotize yourself, you reframe everything to get yourself ecstatic about whatever you desire. I can turn on the TV late at night and put on synchronized swimming and get myself to have an amazing time watching it, but I don't neccessarily want to. I have chosen my goals and I know what I want in life and I have created immense pain to things that are unrelated to my goals and extreme pleasure to things that are related.

If you have any questions or if you'd like me to go more in depth, I'm more than happy to help out.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Wow, honestly, I feel sorry for you. I understand where you want to go, but the truth is you're not doing what you love, because if you were then concentration wouldn't be an issue. So they give you these pills to make you numb and work like a robot.

Anyone is going to have "ADD" is you try to get them to do something you don't want to do.

Now...Through training your mind, you can get yourself to love literally anything. It takes time to get it down, like anything else. This sounds crazy, but what you do is in a sense hypnotize yourself, you reframe everything to get yourself ecstatic about whatever you desire. I can turn on the TV late at night and put on synchronized swimming and get myself to have an amazing time watching it, but I don't neccessarily want to. I have chosen my goals and I know what I want in life and I have created immense pain to things that are unrelated to my goals and extreme pleasure to things that are related.

If you have any questions or if you'd like me to go more in depth, I'm more than happy to help out.
    I don't think you have a true understanding of what ADD is..
    But thank you DR. Phil

You have your beliefs.. that is exactly what they are, and good for you.

This debate has occured about other topics.. i'm glad you have reach some sort of utopia and i have no idea exactly what it is you do in life but i'm an executive - my assumption is that you probably don't have ADD and one of those that just got prescribe a script and assume everyone else can just adjust to life like you.

Hate to tell you this but I can't sit still, my legs move - rid**** doesn't help my concentration.. it makes me able to concentrate. do I know this for a fact. YES i do!

Me taking rid**** for work is no different than someone who was born without a limb using fake leg.

TENNISADD2005 is offline Junior Member
    I am currently 22 and started taking Meds for ADD about 14 months ago.
    I dont like hearing about kids that take who knows how many mg per day without really understanding the diference.

It has helped me a lot in the long run and with accomplishing many things throughout this past year or so. I take a very low dosage of 18mg of Concerta which has a sponge release giving me a constant 5 mg of Metalphamine (spelling correct?) over a 10 hour period. You must remember that ADD is not purely for concentration reasons but also for impulsivity, social interaction, self estime (depression), etc. Many can say that they cannot focus and therefore only at times of great anxiety can they produce the needed amount of Dopamine to focus.
    If you feel you need the extra concentration at times I would suggest Adderall Rx short acting (break a 10mg pill in half and see if it does the trick) should stay within your system for 4 hours or so.

"... i want to get a prescription to actually take it to do better in college n to have fun at the ocasional party's. but, i just wanted to know which is best adderall, dexedrin, or rit**** or if theres something better out there?"

The Party part I Disagree... these meds are very addictive and can creat long term problems!

Secondly if you say that taking a ADD Drug will get you high then you most likely do not have a high case of ADHD/ADD if you have it at all. If I dont take my med I pretty much bounce of the roof and have a 5 second attention span .. sort of like a Gold Fish... and taking the medications calms me down and allows me to focus and think thouroughly and clearly.

Personally, I think you should refrain from taking the meds and try and deal with it is a natural way. You could Try Strattera, Centella Asiatica (also called Gotu Kola), Green Oats (also called Avena sativa) or Panax Ginseng (a Chinese herb). Vit C is also known to help with mental focus. There is also a new drug called "Focul" but I dont know much about it. A Red Bull can do the trick sometimes for me!
    Last edited by TENNISADD2005; 02-03-2006 at 06:49 AM.

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TENNISADD2005
    I am currently 22 and started taking Meds for ADD about 14 months ago.
    I dont like hearing about kids that take who knows how many mg per day without really understanding the diference.

It has helped me a lot in the long run and with accomplishing many things throughout this past year or so. I take a very low dosage of 18mg of Concerta which has a sponge release giving me a constant 5 mg of Metalphamine (spelling correct?) over a 10 hour period. You must remember that ADD is not purely for concentration reasons but also for impulsivity, social interaction, self estime (depression), etc. Many can say that they cannot focus and therefore only at times of great anxiety can they produce the needed amount of Dopamine to focus.
    If you feel you need the extra concentration at times I would suggest Adderall Rx short acting (break a 10mg pill in half and see if it does the trick) should stay within your system for 4 hours or so.

"... i want to get a prescription to actually take it to do better in college n to have fun at the ocasional party's. but, i just wanted to know which is best adderall, dexedrin, or rit**** or if theres something better out there?"

The Party part I Disagree... these meds are very addictive and can creat long term problems!

Secondly if you say that taking a ADD Drug will get you high then you most likely do not have a high case of ADHD/ADD if you have it at all. If I dont take my med I pretty much bounce of the roof and have a 5 second attention span .. sort of like a Gold Fish... and taking the medications calms me down and allows me to focus and think thouroughly and clearly.

Personally, I think you should refrain from taking the meds and try and deal with it is a natural way. You could Try Strattera, Centella Asiatica (also called Gotu Kola), Green Oats (also called Avena sativa) or Panax Ginseng (a Chinese herb). Vit C is also known to help with mental focus. There is also a new drug called "Focul" but I dont know much about it. A Red Bull can do the trick sometimes for me!
    That's what im trying to get across.. someone who actually doesnt have ADD truly doesnt understand that there is quite a bit involved.. i really wasn't going to get that in depth.. but u did touch on quite a few things

One must also note that there are different levels.. I have ADHD.. Im hyper.. which is one of the biggest draw backs.. very hard for me to settle down

TENNISADD2005 is offline Junior Member
    I hear ya... I have a little "H" in my "ADD" ... but I am mostly mentally over active.. The brain just wont stop! I was actually Born in Montreal but then moved to Europe, Portugal at a young age so never really got introduced to any ADD med's till about 14 months ago which to some extend was best as it gave me time to cope with myself without them and learn to utilize their effect when needed and not depend on them to get out of bed like some ppl I have read about!

KhrisiGirl is offline Female Member

The things that were cute when i was 20.. aren't as cute anymore now im reaching 30.. and i have to realize that a few of the quirks hat come with my ADD are gonna just be looked over unless i deal with them in my business life and that can really only be conteracted with medication.
    If you chose to take medications you have to do it responsbly.. and i do.. and i also have the disorder (ADHD)
    Well said Mizfit!!! I went through the same process. It took me awhile to finally break down and start taking medication for my ADD. The medication makes me very focused and I can definitely see the allure. But like you stated, it is becoming more difficult for those that need it to get it.
    Khrisi

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KhrisiGirl
    Well said Mizfit!!! I went through the same process. It took me awhile to finally break down and start taking medication for my ADD. The medication makes me very focused and I can definitely see the allure. But like you stated, it is becoming more difficult for those that need it to get it.
    Khrisi
    Deciding to take it was one of the hardest things i had to do

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I have some questions on what you are taking.

Is ok if I pm you?

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    Adderall

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.

giodev8s is offline New Member
    wow, so many opinions ok well i was told all through high school that i had add but i was too busy partying n stuff like that to notice. now in college struggling through class finally decided to get on the stuff. i thought i only had add by my doc said i have adhd. i cant sit still without my leg moving or me tapping my fingers but im not like bouncing off tha walls or anything i dont think so from the comments n other info i think i should stick with the addderall im so confused why did he give me a choice on what i wanted to be on?

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I JUST started taking Strattera about 3 weeks ago, and it has changed my life. I with Mizfit on this one.

Trying to explain ADD to someone who does not have it is like trying to explain what it's like to have no legs, you think you may be able to comprehend it, but you have no idea.

A lot of people are absent minded or just need to focus, but people need to understand, ADD is a DEEP seeded biological and behavorial disorder (for lack of a better word) that cannot be overcome by "working hard" or "bearing down". Hearing things like that only frustrate and depress people with ADD even more because we CAN'T!

big L 17 is offline Female Member
    i havea ADD since i was 5 i was always on and of the meds but when i started college i was just to overewheled i had to pay attetion and it was just to hard i cant focus i forgert what i had to do i dont listen.i am not taking it for the fun and i dont take it on weekends i known what i am messen with my doctor gave it to me

Quote Originally Posted by giodev8s
    wow, so many opinions ok well i was told all through high school that i had add but i was too busy partying n stuff like that to notice. now in college struggling through class finally decided to get on the stuff. i thought i only had add by my doc said i have adhd. i cant sit still without my leg moving or me tapping my fingers but im not like bouncing off tha walls or anything i dont think so from the comments n other info i think i should stick with the addderall im so confused why did he give me a choice on what i wanted to be on?
    Adderrall is good, I took both Rit**** and Adderrall in college, but I found that the rebounds from the meth gave me headaches, curbed my apetite, etc.

Statterra is a non stimulant treatment, in fact all it really is a is a failed anti-depressant that lowers nor-epinephrine. It was found to be more beneficial for ADD without stimulatory side effects due to the fact it does not raise dopamine. It also is in your system 24 hours a day, so it will help you stay focused on ALL aspects of your life, which for me is a big plus.

I would recommend Adderall if you don't mind the stimulant high or don't need the effects all the time, otherwise give Strattera a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by big L 17
    i havea ADD since i was 5 i was always on and of the meds but when i started college i was just to overewheled i had to pay attetion and it was just to hard i cant focus i forgert what i had to do i dont listen.i am not taking it for the fun and i dont take it on weekends i known what i am messen with my doctor gave it to me
    I'm very surprised at the number of girls on here claiming to have ADD. It is typically a male-oriented phenomenon, but then again, this IS a bodybuilding board. Maybe these girls have a bit more test in them than most others, which is fine by me! That means lower BF, higher sex drive, and most of all, less bitchiness!

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreak101
    I'm very surprised at the number of girls on here claiming to have ADD. It is typically a male-oriented phenomenon, but then again, this IS a bodybuilding board. Maybe these girls have a bit more test in them than most others, which is fine by me! That means lower BF, higher sex drive, and most of all, less bitchiness!
    I have extremely low body fat even though i eat alot of junk , 10-12%, my test levels are apparently fine though i have had them tested, my thyroid is a bit outta wack ( i lose weight fast), sex drive no comment,

And bitchiness your just trying to butter us up..

I am not claiming to have it, I know I have it!! I never really thought about the test part but everything you said is true. Again, I agree with Mizfit about the bitchiness. That is subjective.
    Khrisi

I have extremely low body fat even though i eat alot of junk , 10-12%, my test levels are apparently fine though i have had them tested, my thyroid is a bit outta wack ( i lose weight fast), sex drive no comment,

And bitchiness your just trying to butter us up..
    Well, Ive seen how I act on PCT with Clomid, and if THAT's what women have to put up with on a daily basis due to all their estrogen, they have my sympathies!

Mizfit I'd butter you up all day if I didn't know better

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Sorry MIZ, I disagree

I'm 100% diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and I've found, and the research shows, that most men are such. The DSMIV guidelines for diagnosis seems to boil down to whether boys act like girls in a traditional classroom setting. I am not a mysogynist but men and women are different and America is hell bent on feminizing its men through whatever means necc.

I tried rit***** and it's great. I can focus, complete tasks, etc......but it is basically meth and can get out of hand. Hell, the poster of this thread was looking for study help but mentioned party use.

Self-Discipline is the key.

Not the best article but the basic idea is there:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10961486/site/newsweek/

Damned libs.

I am not claiming to have it, I know I have it!! I never really thought about the test part but everything you said is true. Again, I agree with Mizfit about the bitchiness. That is subjective.
    Khrisi
    How do you know you have it? Have you been DSMIV diagnosed or do you just "know" you have it because you can't focus?

Well typically women have more emotional behaviors in them because that's what makes them women. They can be caring, loving, always there for ya, but at the same time, I've had girls who are 5'3" 110lbs scare the bajesus out of me with their rage.

So as subjective as it may be, you cannot argue that women are more "emotionally charged" than men, and that comes with a lack of test.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Here is an example of a person who has ADD...
    an example from yours truly .. ME

im w/ a group of buds getting redy to study for a test
    i say "Alright lets study!.. OH LOOK A DOG! how cute!"

How do you know you have it? Have you been DSMIV diagnosed or do you just "know" you have it because you can't focus?

Well typically women have more emotional behaviors in them because that's what makes them women. They can be caring, loving, always there for ya, but at the same time, I've had girls who are 5'3" 110lbs scare the bajesus out of me with their rage.

So as subjective as it may be, you cannot argue that women are more "emotionally charged" than men, and that comes with a lack of test.
    Yes, I was diagnosed through a psychiatrist as having it. I did not believe I had it and went through every avenue I could to prove I didn't. I just didn't want to accept it. Finally did, much better.
    About the bitchiness being subjective. What I meant was that you said we were less bitchy and I meant it depends on who you ask. I agree wholeheartedly that we can be bitches.

Yes, I was diagnosed through a psychiatrist as having it. I did not believe I had it and went through every avenue I could to prove I didn't. I just didn't want to accept it. Finally did, much better.
    About the bitchiness being subjective. What I meant was that you said we were less bitchy and I meant it depends on who you ask. I agree wholeheartedly that we can be bitches.
    Ahh gotcha. Well, glad to have you on the world's longest short bus with the rest of us ADD'ers here.

BTW Seattle is taking Pittsburgh down, your QB needs some Adderral

Mizfit is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    I'm 100% diagnosed with ADD/ADHD and I've found, and the research shows, that most men are such. The DSMIV guidelines for diagnosis seems to boil down to whether boys act like girls in a traditional classroom setting. I am not a mysogynist but men and women are different and America is hell bent on feminizing its men through whatever means necc.

I tried rit***** and it's great. I can focus, complete tasks, etc......but it is basically meth and can get out of hand. Hell, the poster of this thread was looking for study help but mentioned party use.

Self-Discipline is the key.

Not the best article but the basic idea is there:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10961486/site/newsweek/

Damned libs.
    That's the thing though with any types of medications there can be abuse..
    I haven't ever felt a high.. ever, and haven't ever felt the need to abuse it..
    I take the weekends off.

Your right in the fact there is a high incidence of substance abuse among ppl with ADD, but often it's because the disorder goes undiagnosed and people self medicate. By the time they figure out they have it, they have resorted to recreational means to cure their pain. Once this happens, it's hard to look to rid**** or adderol for real help. Which is why stratera (non stimulant) is often given given to adults who they think might prey victim.

Rid****/ Adderol are highly addictive as you have stated but so are most medications that make one feel better

Ahh gotcha. Well, glad to have you on the world's longest short bus with the rest of us ADD'ers here.

BTW Seattle is taking Pittsburgh down, your QB needs some Adderral
    Did you really just type that??? You poor, poor man. Delusional. I am sorry.

Did you really just type that??? You poor, poor man. Delusional. I am sorry.
    Yeah, let's see Bill Cower make Jerome Bettis run the ball instead of taking a knee and fumble it AGAIN. I love your coaching staff!

Mizfit is offline Banned
    I have a neuropsychiatrist who evaluated me first for a sleep disorder and a myriad of other things first before diagnoissing me with ADHD.

My records from childhood were actually located because he works from the same hospital and it turned out i was diangoised when i was a child.

I have to go in every month or so for an evaluation, every 6 months for a sleep studying

Yeah, let's see Bill Cower make Jerome Bettis run the ball instead of taking a knee and fumble it AGAIN. I love your coaching staff!
    Aren't coaches supposed to utilize players in what they do best? The Bus scores, Parker runs. So what Bettis fumbled, we won.
    Hugs from a Steeler fan. You need all the love you can get come Sunday.

Aren't coaches supposed to utilize players in what they do best? The Bus scores, Parker runs. So what Bettis fumbled, we won.
    Hugs from a Steeler fan. You need all the love you can get come Sunday.
    I appreciate the hug, you're lucky Indy's kicker is a gimp, who misses a 35 yard field goal?

All joking aside, what a great game it's going to be. I'll send you a box of tissues now so you can be prepared come Sunday.

I have a neuropsychiatrist who evaluated me first for a sleep disorder and a myriad of other things first before diagnoissing me with ADHD.

My records from childhood were actually located because he works from the same hospital and it turned out i was diangoised when i was a child.

I have to go in every month or so for an evaluation, every 6 months for a sleep studying
    I can only get one month's prescription at a time. I call in my refills but have to be revaluated every 3 months.

I appreciate the hug, you're lucky Indy's kicker is a gimp, who misses a 35 yard field goal?

All joking aside, what a great game it's going to be. I'll send you a box of tissues now so you can be prepared come Sunday.
    What so I can wipe my tears of joy??
    It is going to be a good game.

hotstuff is offline Female Member
    I took adderal a few months ago. I was in a job that required so much attention and focus. I am typically pretty scatterbrained and it was really getting me depressed how much i tend to just forget things and mess up at my job....no matter how dedicated i was and how many hours I would put in. I would just keep messing up.....this problem also tends to happen in my personal areas as well.
    I tried adderal for a month....the doc started me out at 20mg. It completely changed me. I spaced out so much and would just forget what i was saying mid-sentence. I just felt very strange. Everyone around me noticed the change. I don't know if I just started out with too high of a dosage or what.
    So i stopped taking it. I would rather just be my scatterbrained self than feel like that again.
    The crazy thing was though... i had NO problem getting a prescription for the stuff. I simply just told my regular physician that i felt like i had a problem staying focused and just like that he prescribed it to me! He didn't even ask if I was seeing a therapist or anything.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Good Post

I JUST started taking Strattera about 3 weeks ago, and it has changed my life. I with Mizfit on this one.

Trying to explain ADD to someone who does not have it is like trying to explain what it's like to have no legs, you think you may be able to comprehend it, but you have no idea.

A lot of people are absent minded or just need to focus, but people need to understand, ADD is a DEEP seeded biological and behavorial disorder (for lack of a better word) that cannot be overcome by "working hard" or "bearing down". Hearing things like that only frustrate and depress people with ADD even more because we CAN'T!
    I definately am better focused on rit but i'll go on benders. I, like most people with ADHD/ADD procrastinate and when I take rit, I start getting all this stuff that's been looming knocked off the list and I will go late into the night and take more than is probably necessary. It can be seductive for people. Just be careful and watch for signs of overuse and such.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information