Marisa is offline Female Member

could really use some help

my boyfriend has about 3 weeks to go till his first competition.. he's 19 yrs old - 185 pounds and 5'7 with about 10% bodyfat. i think he looks great.. but he dosnt feel like he's going to be where he needs to be in time for the competition. hes been upping the cardio and said that he needs to do 3 hours a day to get where he needs to be in time.. but the problem is.. hes a full time student and works weekends and he is giving up and dosnt want to continue on with this because its draining him out and he just dosnt have the time for all the cardio. i really think he should go through with this because its what he wanted for so long and i really think he can do well. he wont do it if he dosnt think hes going to get first place in the teen division because he feels like for his size and age.. he should take first place. its been a hard for him upping the cardio and making time for everything else. i really dont know what to do. i will support him eighther way. im just running out of things to tell him. hes going to do what he wants which rite now.. is not compete but i know him and i know he will regret it. what do you guys think about his stats? what do u think i should do? i could really use the help from some people who have competed before while going to school and working at the same time. thanks

ToTheBuckeT21 is offline Senior Member
    It sounds like you already know... Support him as much as you can but he needs to decide for himself.. He could also maybe try some clen if he needs some help cutting body fat.. If you really wanna help him, sex is great cardio

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    10% at 3 weeks out is a lil high imo. But he should go through with it. I mean its all part of the experience, especially if its his first comp he will learn alot and decide if its something he really wants to pursue. Aiming for 1st place is great and of course its what everyone goes there for most of the time, but just because he may not win doesnt mean he shouldnt try.

this is a tested comp. so no steroids for him..

yeah i think he should go through with it to but i just got off the phone with him and as of right now, he's not. i feel so bad cuz all that money he spent on everything now went down the drain and his mom is making him give her $1000 for all the food she bought

Grudge Keeper is offline Associate Member
    10% bf is high for 3 weeks out and if he feels like he should drop out I would say let him.If he's pushed to go through with it and the results are bad he'll probally be pissed at people who pushed him into it.

BeerBaron is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTheBuckeT21
    It sounds like you already know... Support him as much as you can but he needs to decide for himself.. He could also maybe try some clen if he needs some help cutting body fat.. If you really wanna help him, sex is great cardio
    Words of wisdom

yeah he told me a lil ago that he made up his mind and hes not doing the competition.. im hoping he will sleep on it and change his mind. i told him i support him with whichever decsion he chooses. i hope hes just not going to make one he will regret..

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    10% now 6% at lowest for comp.. not going to do so well 4% is most ideal and thats hard.. i like to be about 8% when im 5 weeks out personally so .. best of luck and hope all is well on this one.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    10% BF with three weeks to go is far from an ideal scenario.

I'd look to compete in the next show.

Also, for the future, think about what was wrong that prohibited him from being able to make his target show, and work on fixing those errors for next time.

~SC~

~SC~

also if hes doing 3 hours of cardio a day on diet he'll probally lose alot of weight just in muscle,imo he just needs to plan better for next time

Yeah, 3 hours a day of cardio while natural of all things, will send him into a huge spiraling tornado that is catabolism and major CNS damage.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Yeah, 3 hours a day of cardio while natural of all things, will send him into a huge spiraling tornado that is catabolism and major CNS damage.

~SC~

what is catabolism and CNS damage?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisa
    catabolism is the break down of amino acids for fuel and glucose..
    CNS damage is stress put on the Central Nervous system which can have detrimental affects on his mood/attitude, diet, energy, and everything else he does while he is awake.

simply put catabolisim is the breakdown or destruction of bodily tissues muscle and all.

wow.. thanks ok maybe not doing this competition is best for him.

I agree he just needs to figure out what to do to come into shape by showtime without have to go all nuts to do it at the last minute

chest6 is offline Banned
    I think he should drop out. 10% is high for 3 weeks out. Doing 8 hours of cardio to try to compensate will just end up making him lose too much muscle and looking worse

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    I think he should drop out. 10% is high for 3 weeks out. Doing 8 hours of cardio to try to compensate will just end up making him lose too much muscle and looking worse

what if hes at 8%? its 10 or 8

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    what if hes at 8%? its 10 or 8
    Still high....at 3 weeks out, you should be damn near ready conditioning wise to step on stage. I am talking muscle striations, full visibility of all the abs, with some veins coming in all over etc.

I would advise him to drop this show, and maybe dial it in for a later show. See if there are any more show that are maybe a 8-10 weeks after this show...

Forget actual bodyfat percentage, if you have a current pic of him that would be far easier to judge.

~SC~

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    my boyfriend has about 3 weeks to go till his first competition.. he's 19 yrs old - 185 pounds and 5'7 with about 10% bodyfat. i think he looks great.. but he dosnt feel like he's going to be where he needs to be in time for the competition. hes been upping the cardio and said that he needs to do 3 hours a day to get where he needs to be in time.. but the problem is.. hes a full time student and works weekends and he is giving up and dosnt want to continue on with this because its draining him out and he just dosnt have the time for all the cardio. i really think he should go through with this because its what he wanted for so long and i really think he can do well. he wont do it if he dosnt think hes going to get first place in the teen division because he feels like for his size and age.. he should take first place. its been a hard for him upping the cardio and making time for everything else. i really dont know what to do. i will support him eighther way. im just running out of things to tell him. hes going to do what he wants which rite now.. is not compete but i know him and i know he will regret it. what do you guys think about his stats? what do u think i should do? i could really use the help from some people who have competed before while going to school and working at the same time. thanks
    Check for a show that is further out. Like 2 months from now so the dieting and work he has done so far won't go to waste.

If he is doing an NPC show the contest schedule is here.

http://www.npcnewsonline.com/new/PDF...vityReport.pdf
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Check for a show that is further out. Like 2 months from now so the dieting and work he has done so far won't go to waste.

If he is doing an NPC show the contest schedule is here.

http://www.npcnewsonline.com/new/PDF...vityReport.pdf
    thank you. yeah i suggested that to him as his work out buddy and best friend did.. he said he works full time in the summer tho and he wont have time for it. he said he wants to do a dif competition sometime next year tho.. oh joy.. i cant wait...

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    thank you. yeah i suggested that to him as his work out buddy and best friend did.. he said he works full time in the summer tho and he wont have time for it. he said he wants to do a dif competition sometime next year tho.. oh joy.. i cant wait...
    Shows are spaced out every 2-3 months. If there isn't on in the immediate area check for one within a 2-3 hour drive. I live in NYC so there are shows in NYC, Long Island, Jersey, CT, Philly. You see what I'm getting at.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Thread Information