Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentzer's Ghost is offline New Member

Wildest Reactions to Gains

OK guys, here's your chance to inspire all the wannabes. What is the wildest, craziest reaction you've gotten to your size by friends, family, or even strangers on the street? How'd it make you feel? We want positive and negative responses.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    some guy in GNC yesterday(sunday) asked me if I did competition. I am only 18 years old mind you. Also when i go to a party with my girlfriend(she's still in high school), all of the dudes and the girls look at me like im some fucking movie star or something,then Anna gets about fifty calls that night asking about me. being built pays off. im 6'2 265 right now @ 16%b/f

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'll never understand it

girls say the stupidest shit to me.what i always get at clubs is the same shit all the time, " can i just touch you?" they always wanna feel me.i guess i just look really hard and they like to touch my abs.it's weird.i'm not all big but i am really dense and cut w/ good muscle seperation, but i think it's fucking retarded to ask someone if they can touch you.i hear trhe most rediculous comments on earth.from both girls and gay dudes.it's comical.i'll never understand it

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by st82hellnbak
    some guy in GNC yesterday(sunday) asked me if I did competition. I am only 18 years old mind you. Also when i go to a party with my girlfriend(she's still in high school), all of the dudes and the girls look at me like im some fucking movie star or something,then Anna gets about fifty calls that night asking about me. being built pays off. im 6'2 265 right now @ 16%b/f
    your a big fucking boy!!

eradikate is offline Senior Member
    partyboy, couple of girls asked me that too. well i got lot bigger now maybe that's why, but im still very firm and still cut. im only 19, and people usually think im like 21-24. i dont know how i look 21-24

SUPERDAVE is offline Banned
    i know how you feel partyboynyc. Girls and sometimes even women come up and flirt and ask if they can just touch me. They don't realize i'm only 17 and they are almost as old as my mom. People say i look like i'm 23. I think its the muscles. they add a couple years to the young guns, subtract a few from the old farts

Big "D" Daddy is offline Junior Member
    People are constantly coming up to me assuming that
    I am a professional football player. Are football players supposed to be the only big fuckers out there. I'm 6' 0" @ 260lbs. Little kids come to my door in my neighborhood and ask " Do you play for the Jaguars?" "No kid leave me alone."

I get the "musclebound" questions like "Can you scratch your back?" or "Is it hard for you to run?" One guy asked if it "hurts" when I move because of the muscle pushing against the skin.

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    ha ha....i can't wait until i hear stupid shit like that....I'm not huge by any means...but am very well sized for my height and i too get people asking "do you juice" or "can i feel your shoulders"...it funny to hear that shit....i just can't wait to hear it MORE often after i get my first cycle going........lol

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    Diesel i know what you are talking about, so when people act that way toward me i play the role. LoL it's fucking funny how people will kiss your ass i guess im a dick when it comes to playin it out, but im really a mellow dude, i just don't like dumbass guys who try to hard to be your friend, this to me is a weakness, and i do not respect these type of people(asskissers). If it is a woman that is something else, but as for a guy whom i do not know it's pathetic, and i let them know it.

I just don't like pretending that i like someone, or im interested what your talking about, when im not, and i don't.

Is this wrong? Seriously asking
    Last edited by BigMike J; 06-11-2002 at 08:38 PM.

Keep at it AZ! The bigger you get, the more attention you'll get. Sometimes you'll get such great compliments, you'll want to drop everything and race to the gym. Other times, you'll want to beat the hell out of some idiots who try to take you down with their jealous, stupid remarks. These are the same guys who say this stuff in groups, but individually they come up to you and tell you how "awesome" you look. Assholes.

BIGBOD is offline Junior Member
    I think it's funny the way girl's want to touch you. i am a bouncer at a club and when i get into the music i like to make my pecs jump to the beat, i actually do it so much until i don't even notice it sometimes, but believe me all the females do and they let me know by giggling and wanting to touch my pecs while they are moving. i think it is hilarious. i'm only 6'1" @ 235, but my pecs are my best feature, and i think my arms are my worst measuring at 17,1/2" but they seem to want to squeeze my arms all the time too. maybe it's just the job!

kepp lifting AZ. It all comes in due time
    Last edited by BIGBOD; 06-25-2002 at 09:13 AM.

letmein is offline Associate Member
    I lady was talking to her freind in an elevator I was in and out of the blue she asks me if I had 6 eggs for breakfast. I had so I said yes, she said you can tell, and got out of the elevator. The guy I worked with just looked at me and said that is the weirdest shit he has ever seen. Some people suggest that I need to workout as a backwards compliment. It is cool to be an ex-fat guy and to now get the attention. My motivation for keeping in shape!

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    Thanks Mentzer's Ghost & BIGBOD for the motivation. I've been training for 5 years now and i KNOW i look better than 90% of the guys walking the streets...but someday i'll be up in 98% range . I'll keep you guys posted on this forum once i start my first cycle!

testaprim is offline Associate Member
    yea its just the job bigbod!! If i were still working there you would have some compitition. JK! so wadd up fool havnt heard from ya in a while.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Re: i'll never understand it

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    girls say the stupidest shit to me.what i always get at clubs is the same shit all the time, " can i just touch you?" they always wanna feel me.i guess i just look really hard and they like to touch my abs.it's weird.i'm not all big but i am really dense and cut w/ good muscle seperation, but i think it's fucking retarded to ask someone if they can touch you.i hear trhe most rediculous comments on earth.from both girls and gay dudes.it's comical.i'll never understand it

At least they ask you first. I've been out to clubs and girls and guys have just grabbed! Pisses me the hell off. Most likely.... It's the drugs they're on.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    The reaction I get all the time is if I play football. Everyone I see ask if I played college ball. I only play the role when I am at a club. It's amazing how nieve people are. I just tell that I like to BB.

How about the question where women or guy friends you havn't seen in a while will come up to you and ask if you work out or if you havebeen working out? NO I just woke up one morning and i was huge. Fuckin dumbshits. I just play the smart ass role, tell them I hit the gym maybe once a week....genetics!!!!!!!

Yeah, Butch, I hear that too. I think a lot of people just don't know what to say. We are, as bodybuilders, on a journey of self-discovery that many guys will never experience in all their lives. This is an opportunity to take our bodies to a point where we demand respect and attention, and those who are not near our level of physicality can only stand by and imagine what could be if they had the drive and discipline that we put forth every damn day--hell, every hour of every damn day--and they have no clue what it's like to live this life and to be who we are. I have no problem feeling like I'm "better" than others who don't engage in this incredible sport. I am better, at least in this one very important area, the way someone with an IQ of 200 is better mentally than most others. So the next time some ass says something stupid and tries to take you down for being far superior than they are, just remember that what you've attained at whatever point you are in your development, is more than that little bastard could ever dream of achieving. And the good news is that you're only going to get better as you progress...

GreatGuns is offline New Member
    I had one guy ask me if I got huge because I had a small penis. He wasn't being insulting, he was dead serious. I almost threw his skinny ass through a wall! Another time an old man, about 55-60 started rubbing against my arm when I was on the subway. Jeez!

bump. Cool post. Anyone else?

malik is offline Banned
    i hate when people think your on sauce just bec you have stretch marks ,see im 245 lbs 6'1 and have stretch marks on my lower tricep and by shoulder area and i havent even done the sauce ever and there accusing me of using steroids bec of it ,,my arms are increasing ion size bec i ve been shocking them but there not bad there about 17 .5 cold.i wonder what there going to say to me when i start ,,hhaha cant wait

SilverSiR is offline Junior Member
    I don't know why you guys complain when girls want to touch you. They touch you, you fondle them back ( o Y o ) . It's only fair right?

malik is offline Banned
    lol i second that ,,silver said it

allabs5150 is offline Associate Member
    Ya I know exactly what you guys mean....the attention really comes in good at times especially when out at the clubs with a few lazy ass bro's who just cant seem to get thier acts together and put in some seroius gym time....I just love the looks they get on thier faces when girls come up and give me compliments touch my chest and squeeze my bi's....Me being a short basterd 5'2 but a soilid 165-170 and 12% b/f i am cut pretty good and one of my strong points is my wide ass broad shoulders, went to visti a friend in Columbus Ohio last October and the little hottie workin in the hotel asked if I was a few months early for the Arnold Classic...LOL........that kinda stuff makes all the hard work worth it

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I must admit, I get off on the attention. But because of the "A"holea out there, I've given up going to bars or clubs. I get sick of some punk talking shit like "yeah if I used steroids I'd look like that too" and other stupid shit. Then they feel like they have to be tough and try and start a fight. SOme people are so immature it's pathetic. It is funny when a girl will be with some guy most of the night and then notices you and just leaves 'em standing there in the miidle of the dance floor and approach you. My wife gets off on it too by walking up and making comments like "Hands off ladies....he's all mine" It makes alot of the hard work and sacrifice feel like it's worth it.

Steele is offline Member
    i always get: "how long did it take to look like that, and how long will it take me," as if there is an equation that works for everyone.

big swoll is offline Member
    people ask me if im a football player, and i say no, im a baseball player...haha i get some funny looks when i say that

solid-d is offline Member
    Damn, Im 23 and 5'8. Im only 160lbs. Im solid and dont got a gram of fat on my body. My 6pack is noticeable and I just started doing abs EOD 5 weeks ago. My bench is 225x7 or 265x1.. I done 4 cycles, but havent gotten the results I wanted to on my last cylce that ended 8weeks ago. I get attention in bars and clubs, but I still want more.. My body is solid and lean, but with a shirt on no one can tell and I look small and almost feel small.. But if I wear a tight shirt to the clubs, friends call me a truck. and some feel me arms. Girls are always checking me out constantly, but they dont ask to feel me yet. That is why I want more size.. But its a very hard diet to gain muscle and no fat.. I just got my nipples pierced and all the girls who know this or seen them while I had my shirt off want me bad.. The problem is though, I been at the same weight and size since after my 1st cycle.. I think its time for a major change to gain weight.. Oh yea, after my 2nd cycle this girl who I liked since 6th grade(and never got with) saw me and didnt know who I was. Then someone told her who I was, and her mouth droped and she steered at me for about 20 straight seconds, just saying 'oh my god'.. But I didnt even want her anymore.. it was kinda ironic..

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    Holy shit guys. These are some awesome responses. I haven't really considered all these things but I guess they do happen. It really does like Menzter's Ghost said "drop everything and race to the gym" Thanks for putting new inspiration in my life.

Power

David B. is offline Member

Re: Wildest Reactions to Gains

Originally posted by Mentzer's Ghost
    OK guys, here's your chance to inspire all the wannabes. What is the wildest, craziest reaction you've gotten to your size by friends, family, or even strangers on the street? How'd it make you feel? We want positive and negative responses.
    "You're not coming anywhere near me with that thing!"

Oh, you're talking about muscle size? Never mind...

--dnb

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I must admit, I get off on the attention.
    I have a very hard time with attention, even when it strokes my ego. I denied lifting at all for as long as I could, and still downplay any compliments with a knee-jerk response of looking down, shuffling my feet, and saying "gawrsh" or "aw shucks."

Yesterday at work Sarah, a former co-worker who has been away at a culinary school in FL dropped by the bar for a visit, and when she saw me started grabbing my shoulders and arms and telling me how big I've gotten. I downplayed it as usual, but inside my spirit was soaring.

And I'm not that big, or that fit. I dunno how I'll be able to cope when I begin to actually approach my goals.

--dnb, introvert

chevy44 is offline Member
    "......are u doing steriods ?" thats what i ALWAYS get!

Originally posted by letmein
    I lady was talking to her freind in an elevator I was in and out of the blue she asks me if I had 6 eggs for breakfast. I had so I said yes, she said you can tell, and got out of the elevator. The guy I worked with just looked at me and said that is the weirdest shit he has ever seen. Some people suggest that I need to workout as a backwards compliment. It is cool to be an ex-fat guy and to now get the attention. My motivation for keeping in shape!
    Dude, if you were in an ELEVATOR and she asked if you've been eating eggs, she wasn't trying to flatter you. Women have a very good sense of smell...

--dnb

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by letmein
    I lady was talking to her freind in an elevator I was in and out of the blue she asks me if I had 6 eggs for breakfast. I had so I said yes, she said you can tell, and got out of the elevator.
    I don't suppose anyone has seen Biodome with everyone's favorite actor polly shore

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by David B.

Dude, if you were in an ELEVATOR and she asked if you've been eating eggs, she wasn't trying to flatter you. Women have a very good sense of smell...

--dnb

About you down playing it, Iused to be that way but man does it feel good to have people (especially some hotty) notice your physique. Kinda makes all those hors spent busting ass worth it.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN

About you down playing it, Iused to be that way but man does it feel good to have people (especially some hotty) notice your physique. Kinda makes all those hors spent busting ass worth it.
    Sarah is still in town, and still giving me grief. She's not having any of my modesty act. She used to win wet t-shirt contests, a petite thing at about 5'2", except for the big pair of thingies. If she wasn't young enough to be my daughter, I'd try to hit it. Heck, I know her mom, SHE's two years younger than me...

Stacy, a 300-lb. black chick who wrestled Dave Attell on national TV when his "Insomniac" show was here, has also been flattering me and not letting me laugh it off.

My ego was about to explode for a couple of days, feeling good about finally not being invisible to women, until I was driving home from work Friday night and it hit me like a brick between the eyes -- I've been working out for six fucking years, and people are only just now noticing? Now I'm depressed as hell. see: http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...threadid=51724

--dnb

bump

andy78139 is offline New Member
    Im not a massive guy at 5'8 200lbs, bout 12%bf, but im pretty big for my age 19. Just comming to the end of my first cycle (yeh, i know im 19, my decision, please dont flame) (i was 180lbs before, bit fatter).
    Almost everyone i know has made some kind of comment. Ranging from dumb joke-Have you been "cycling" alot lately, to complements of adding "serious meat". Women, well the ones at college ive hardly ever spoke to act ALOT different. Suddenly they wanna chat (im thinkin WTF), and they make eye contact and smile when they pass me (seriously WTF).
    I find people give me more respect, but im getting sick of answering questions on training/diet etc!

Oh, the only major bad thing is a few gays have flirted with me, this makes me very, very uncomfortable!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatGuns
    bump
    Wow you bumped an oldie.

viking_warrior_2k is offline Junior Member
    I know this is an older post, but just wanted to give my 2 cents worth about an interesting story or two that happened.

When I was in high school my senior year, I got a lot of comments about my build. I was 5'11", 200lb, lean and mean with a very proportionate build. I was all natural, too. Never tried juice until I was 26. Walking through the mall, 12 and 13 year olds would ask me if I were a bodybuilder or football player, and frequent questions of "do you work out?" Duh...

No ****, honest to God, when I was in high school this happened. I was serious about my music, and I'm a pro musician now, but in high school I had no interest in playing football outside of band. Hey, there were no girls on the football team! One summer I went to a band camp at Troy State U. One day as we were going to practice, one of the assistant football coaches - I think he was the strength coach who was built like a tank - asked me what the hell I was doing with that horn in my hand!?! He said I belonged on the field banging heads! That guy must've been 5'6" and weighed 270lb. from what I can remember. I took his statement as a compliment. Coming from a guy his size, it made me think. I never thought about myself being that big until he mentioned it.

As a musician who plays frequently in clubs, I get asked, "Where is the bathroom", or any number of questions related to being the bouncer or door-man. It's quite comical when I tell them, "I'm with the band." Ahh, I enjoy the hell out of my life!

When I was in college (still natural) I had a former Mr. Georgia come up to me at the gym one day and offer to train me in either power-lifting or bodybuilding, whichever I chose. To me, that was a hell of a compliment, because he was older (in his early 40's), and still in competitive form. He wasn't going to charge me, either. Very few things do I regret in life, but not taking him up on his offer was one of them, because I was very ignorant as to bodybuilding, nutrition, etc. Oh well, better late than never...

I must confess, it is cool as hell being a musician in front of people and knowing you're bigger and in much better shape than the bouncers of a club... I can see it in their eyes sometimes this look of, "This ain't right... musicians are supposed to be puny..." Gotta love it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information