Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

Question When Lifes Shit: motivation?

when you guys have been in the worse points of your lives, what the hell did you do to work threw it?!

Big "D" Daddy is offline Junior Member
    Think about how bad others have it compared to you. Find something that makes you happy and concentrate on that for a while. Things may get worse before they get better, but they always get better. I find talking my problems with someone always makes me feel better.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I have found if i really sit down and think of everything involved and what my options are.. i find that i can always get around my attitude problem.

Its hard sometimes to make yourself see that you are actually feeding into your own "depression".

I found myself getting down and then i would do anything i could to feel worse! i would drink to much, eat to much or whatever which only brought me more depression.

Maybe try picking something you are really hopeful or excited about.

try to stop it in its tracks, when you are down, play a good song or something.

My whole point is, usually there is something that can be done to switch your moods. I personally use the music thing alot.

Well not much help here but maybe something makes sense

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Set some goals and go after them. Ya might not feel motivated--but so what--do it anyway. If you are really down, set small goals that you can reach fast. Achieving something--ANYTHING really, gives you a boost of confidence. Take a risk--that works too.

One thing that works for me is clean up myshit--I mean literally. When I get down, it feels good to sort out my crap, clean my room, clean off my desk--whatever. It seems to give me a little slice of organization to build on. Goofy--but it works for me!

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Bump! This is a good thread.

Been through terrible times of my life. I used to be over emotional and cried when I failed my exams during my university years. When I looked back I found out that it is definitely not the end or the last day. It is rather how you looked at the failure or the worst time in your life and how you do something about it.

I followed Ajax method very much. I love to pack my room for a while or I would put on music I like. Sometimes I would go to the beach especially when it is the least crowded as I love the beach and I am always very clear minded when I am there.

I believe as I have always advised my good friends that it is definitely not the end of the road but a new beginning for some changes to take place and some sacrifices to be made.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I find comfort in my friends. Usually a night out with the boys or a trip somewhere helps me clear my head. I have a real close knit group of friends, so there is always someone to lean on. I've also found that riding my motorcycle at night helps to clear the head. Gotta love the open road.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I think talking with friends always helps get shit off your chest and makes me feel better at least for a while...that's why every one need a good Friend, that's willing to listen to your problems...and as many of you have pointed out, it's not the end of the world and there are people out there that have it a lot worst...TRUST ME...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Talk to a good friend, helped me when my brother tryed to kill himself twice in 1 week.

However i dont see how thinking about others having it more difficult then you makes you fell better?
    Would only get me more down.

Take care.

nice responses guys. I've just been focusing on the gym when my minds messed up with problems.

I drink my problems away (protien shakes)

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds corny, but try watching a movie like city of angels, where everything turns to shit at the end, but the main character still finds happiness. It kindve made me appreciate the good in my life. Helping other people ALWAYS makes you feel better too. Doing things for people who'll never know you helped them, but are nonetheless benefitted by it always make me feel better. Good luck anyway, and I hope things get better soon.

more responses welcome bro's/sisters

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Its hard to snap out of depression normally when I suffer it spirals quicker than I can keep track of it-thankfully it don't happen that often.

Depends on how bad you feel I guess sometimes talking to friends will solve it other times I just create a bit of space for myself and do something I enjoy like I,ll pack a tent up with a few mates and go surfing.Helps me to realise how lucky I am that I have good health,a family i love and that there are so many people worse off then me and that I really have nothing to moan about

Thread Information