Gene is offline Associate Member

Best Gyms in New York City

Hi I'm wondering about what/where are the best gyms in NYC, by this I mean where bodybuilders can train, decent environment, large enough, fair range of weights, price okay... I feel I'm outgrowing my university gym and I need to take my training to a better gym, where people don't think I'm trying to show off when my training partner and I lift heavy or drop an occasional 110pounder on the floor and it makes the least bit of noise.

Also just wondering if any gyms out there don't mind if you workout topless, this is just out of curiousity...

Any good gyms you guys know please share, I appreciate it.

Thanks

TwixGT is offline New Member
    im not sure were in the nyc your talking about but theres a couple of GOLDs gyms in manhattan i heard are very good.Im in the Bronx and i go to a local bally`s which isnt the best but its ok.
    Check the Golds gym website for pics of the enviroments and everything else your looking for.

golds gym here

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i would say

the best gym on the east coast is chelsea pier's field house(w 23rd and the hudson) because it offers you everything.it's not a hard core sweatshop.it's an upscale fucking amusement park for training in any sport including BB'ing. if you wanna see a monster factory hit up Steel Gym on W 23rd between 5th and 6th as long as your not homophobic.i'm str8 and i've worked out there a few times and it's cool. i guarenntee you may have never seen guys this fuckign big anywhere.even a few girls are puching , no joke, 200lbs of density and mass.it's a hardcore gym. the biggest girl i ever saw in my life was there. she dwarfed my boy who is 260 and ripped.i swear to you.

superbeast is offline Member
    Not flaming or anything, but I was just curious so I went and looked at your pics. You said you are 5'10" and 170 lbs. Exactly what exercise is it that you are dropping 110 dumbells on?

By the way, you look good.

Farmers walk, Shrugs, dumbell squats, and I squeezed out 2 reps (with a spot) on flat bench... I dont do it too much though, just when I flirt with maximums on power days, usually I'm using 75's and 85's (we dont have 80s at our gym).

dalonenegro is offline New Member
    HEy partyboynyc

I was wondering if the steel gym has a site, I tried searching for it but cant find anything

i'm not sure about steel gym

i have have just been there a few times and every now and then when i'm walking down in that area i'll stop in a grab a shake there.it's down the street from my NYSC so from time to time i catch a workout there and get a little motivation from the freakshow.i'm not sure if they have a site or not, but if you're in the area it's worth checking out.i'd choose chelsea pier's gym over it though because i like to hit up my workout and then go to their sushi bar and pig out,hahaha.i've even had dinner on the gym's cruiseliner that takes you out to dinner on the hudson(not that you couldn't just walk on the hudson w/ all the trash)

chelsea is quite expensive though, isn't it? I know they like to do corporate deals (for company execs and members, etc) so I'd imagine the price is up there... no?

My university gym is closing down and they will have a newer one up, but they are going to rent it out and blah blah it'll probably be so crowded and its not very conducive to serious training.

I'm just looking for a gym with above all a serious atmosphere where people are there to train instead of have conversations (although nothing wrong with that between sets, etc... but you know the kind of people I'm talking about... just talk..)

But yea I spoke with a buddy of mine who said he trained at steel gym a few times he said the atmosphere was very serious and hardcore, so I might walk by one time and check it out just for the hell of it... He said when he came there he looked like nothing, and he's a 250+ lb powerlifter so thats very interesting.

thanks

i love chelsea pier

it's definaite;y worth the $$$.it's $140 a month and i think $400 down.you can get a guest pass for $50 or if you know a member they give it to you for $25. it's a great gym if you are into cross training.it's worth the price ofadmission just to check it out once for yourself, but yeah steel gym has some of the biggest fucks i have seen in my life and i met both ronnie coleman and dorian yates last year Twirl. some of those fuckers at steel gym make dorian look like a little pussy although they don't all have the complete and total package like him.

Thread Information