Thread: Steriods kill

righton is offline Senior Member

Steriods kill

According to a British Columbia coroner Davey Boy Smith ( The British Bulldog) died of heart failure likely as a result of steriod use.It appears he was loading up and doing insane workouts in prep for his comeback.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    At best i would think high corestroil levels from long term use or en-larged heart due to too much GH, may have caused some genitic problem to come to for front bit sooner than it should have, but dought very much that "steroids " were the only cause. Not saying there are not risks.. but

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    I doubt that is was competly the JUICE...My guess is that it might have been a contributing factor... But then U never know

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    And remember that David Smith also had a history of alchohol and substance abuse. Cocaine, booze and painkillers. He was in and out of rehab many times. I think that because he was heavily muscled his steroid use (or probably ABUSE) was visibly evident.

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    in my opinion theres a huge difference between steroid use and steroid abuse . if you abuse almost anything it will kill you.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    dont be blinded to the fact that we are using prescription medications for purposes they where not intended to be used for. there is a very good chance that a vast majority of us will have some type of problems in the future that using aas helped along. maybe you wont or i wont, but, you never know.....

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm not saying this stuff isn't bad for us (but I'd like too ) How ever, I think his heart failure is more related to his very publicized cocaine addiction

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    In most instances the steroids we use can be safe if used with safety in mind. They become unsafe when the desire for results outweighs the desire for safety. This case will further ruin the public image of steroids, however it was probably the result of a combination of factors. Let this be a reminder that safety, in life as a whole, should always be your number one concern.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    oh yea, i agree that davie boy died more so because he was a recreational drug abuser than because of the gear he used. i am just saying that we should rermain aware of the very real risk involved with doing what we do. i mean, if you look at the amount of test that is prescribed by a doctor, and compare it to the amounts the average aas user uses per week, it would appear that we are definately abusing the stuff.

I agree with everybody. All I'm saying is it is easy for the coroner to blame the abuse os AAS because of his physical stature. They did the same thing with Lyle Alzado.

righton is offline Senior Member
    It's a sad fact that the media can blame his death on AS, when in fact cocaine has caused a hellava lot more deaths from heart failure in the last year then AS and hospital bills combined in the last decade!! Just another example how the gov wants the masses to see AAS.

Originally posted by righton
    It's a sad fact that the media can blame his death on AS, when in fact cocaine has caused a hellava lot more deaths from heart failure in the last year then AS and hospital bills combined in the last decade!! Just another example how the gov wants the masses to see AAS.

Good point RO.....not to mention alchohol and smoking related deaths and medical bils....and they're LEGAL!!!!

demetri is offline Member
    Originally posted by RON
    I'm not saying this stuff isn't bad for us (but I'd like too ) How ever, I think his heart failure is more related to his very publicized cocaine addiction
    I saw him at a bar in Calgary last summer and the man is a party animal. He showed up on his own and hoped from table to table drinking with everyone. He was hammered when he came in.

He was really friendly and seemed to be having a good time but I felt sorry for him. He struck me as a lonely person trying to get by on past fame. All the guys new who he was and bought him drinks, the ladies on the other hand had no clue who he was. Funny how fame can be so fleeting.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    He had a major Morphine problem, that was the major reasoning for the WWE putting him in rehab. He got addicted to morphine when he fractured his back in the WCW, but was not properly diagnosed. The WWE just did a hour long special on him the other night, with his wife, son, and brother all being interviewed. His wife says she would find prescriptions for Morphine from doctors all over the country, and then one day found loaded needles (Morphine she says) in his wrestling boots. It got so bad, she OD'ed herself just to show him what he was doing to the family, and she almosted died. So there were many other factors besides AAS, but that is the one they are goign to blame. Makes there "War on Drugs" seem more usfull.

Thread Information