BigD is offline Associate Member

I Need a New Job, Any Suggestions?

Well I need to get back to school so I'm looking for a job I can work evenings/nights, and weekends so I can go back to school during the day.

I currently work in IS full time and the night school thing is not working for me. Plus my job has me by the balls, and getting up at 4:30am to go to the gym everyday is killing me.

Here is my dilemma, I need to at make at least 25-30K a year to get by with my current bills. Most evening/weekend jobs don’t pay that much. I don’t care what the job is as long as I'm in that salary range. It can be part time or full time, I don’t care as long as I have my days to go to school. My experience is computers but again I'm up for anything right now.

Any suggestions?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Bartender
    Bouncer
    Male Stripper
    Computer Tech Assistant (with one of those 24 hour service companies)
    Factory Labour (must be something during the night shifts that pay high)
    Security Guard

Those are some...

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    drug dealer
    car thief
    pimp
    professional athlete

Is anybody a personal trainner or know one at 24 hour fitness.

I'm thinking about applying for a Personal Tranier position but I'm wonder how much they get paid. They advertise $8-9 an hour, but I thought they got some kind of commission like so much for every session they have.

Anybody know?

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    $8-9 ain't going to add up to shit, maybe 16-19K\yr. Programmers make some good cash as well as comp technicians. I'd figure with a background in comps you shouldn't have too much problems finding a job. Lots of money: manual labor (ie. shipyard, diesel mechanic) Sounds like what you need to do is go work alot in the summer (60-80hr weeks) and then you'll have enough to get some p\t job while you go to school. When I worked at the shipyard I brought home about $1000\week after taxes and including per diem. If you don't mind moving around for a couple of months the money is great. Lots of hours BTW, but hey, you're there to make money right?

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Deliver Pizza... no shit... my buddy worked ~30hrs a week (Fri, Sat night till 12:00, and Sunday day and one other weekday night) at Domino's and made about 350 a week in tips, $5/hr and gas money.

Well my problem with finding a job in the computer field is mainly I cant find a position with afternoon hours. They are all full time 8-5 which is what i'm trying to get away from.

Reason I said 24 Hour fitness is because they are opening a new location in my area and are hireing. I was talking to a PT once before and I though he said he made hourly plus like $20 or something for every session he had with a client. I was wondering if that is true and if so how much on average does a PT make there?

Deliver Pizza, I would consider it but I would have to get another car.
    Security Guard, sounds good I found a position for a company in the adult salon business (wtf is that?) but they dont pay enough
    Bouncer, both my friends are one and they dont make enough or i would.
    Male stripper, if i had the body I would do it.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    server, bartender- quick cash- don't take your job home with you.

I love bartending.

skylyn is offline Female Member
    Bartend at a strip bar trust me you will make like 50 thou. a year!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

hmmmm well

i don't know how it is where you live but i bartended at a club in nyc for a year while i was having a slow time and no joke just friday and saturday i would walk w/ like $1400 cash no taxes(well no reported because they gave me a shift pay also which covered my taxes) sometimes alot more if i worked thursdays too.

i've PT'd part time for the last 5 years and it's lucrative in nyc. i'm independant contacting at my friend's gym in nj now while i'm staying down here and i do it all under the table. $30/hr. i can only have 5 clients because of time constraints so i put in like 15 hrs a week sometimes a few more, but all tat is gonna change real soon since i'm moving back to ny shortly, but to answer your question, PT isn't bad if you can pull people.

el_zorro_007 is offline New Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Terinox
    [B]Bartender
    Bouncer
    Male Stripper
    Computer Tech Assistant (with one of those 24 hour service companies)
    Factory Labour (must be something during the night shifts that pay high)

Heyy i`m a Computer Tech from 8 to 5pm., part time Bouncer @ nites on a local club here in Dallas and I have been getting alot of affers to be a Male stripper heheheheheheh

xplicit is offline Member
    try to get a job at a hospital they pay very well are open 24 hours 7 days a week so im sure you can get ut weekend and evening hours there. Good luck :-)

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I asked my trainer point blank about the commission thing.
    I am a member at 24 hour fitness. i have no idea about the hourly wage.

they get a cut if you buy sessions, plus the hourly wage.

most of them do something else, its just a part time gig.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Man I would love to be a bartender, but only at a cool joint---all they do is make mad cash and flirt with the ladies--Im already working two jobs and it sucks---5 years of college and I gotta work two jobs to support my habbits...PC support M-F, car stereo installation on SAT...barely have time to spank my monkey.
    -Cy

Thread Information