xplicit is offline Member

Anyone work construction or any other physical labor jobs and go to the gym?

I jsut got a job doing construction stuff and i am worried a little bit htat i will be shot and start slacking off at the gym.
    Does anyne work physcial jobs and then go to the gym later that day and how do you do it lol.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    When I was 20 I worked as a masonry laborer, building high schools, when I got home I worked out for about an hour and then ran 2 miles about 5 days a week. If I only had that kind of energy now. I was ripped to the bone back then.

I was lifting 12 inch block all day (60lbs each), stone lentils, ornamental stone, putting up and tearing down scaffolding, you name it. If it was heavy I had to move it. I was waking up at 4:45 am to catch a ride to the job site, started work at 6:30 and stopped about 3pm.

Then I discovered I could make more money sitting on my behind, in the air-conditioning, and have been in an office job for the past 10 years.

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    I build houses, but find I actually have more energy when I do hit the gym. If I work 10 hours and come home and sit in the ac, I'm done for the night. On the other hand if I hit the gym take a shower then work out, I'm good for the rest of the night. could be the fact I'm 22. Not sure.

wcg

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im a student myself but i have about 5-6 friends that work with construction and workout, some of them go to the gym straight after work and some go home and eat before hitting the gym.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Used to build and repair boats for about six years. Spend a day in the bottom of a boat grinding fiberglass in 120degrees and you don't need any kind of ECA.

Now I just handle the accounts and books for the same boat repair & construction company.

I jsut got back and i want to go to the gym i feel like i can lift im just searching for my work out buddies and they arent around lol.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I'm currently working as a welder on a construction site, i work 48hrs a week, after i get home from work i eat and rest for 2-3 hrs and i hit the weights and cardio for 1-2 hrs. That is all i do during the week and it suits me just fine. As long as i'm in bed by 11:00 pm i am good to go the whole week. BTW im 28 and i save my excitment for the weekends. I think in the end all you have to ask yourself is how bad do i want to workout.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a labor job for now (college in Aug whooo ha), but yes i lift 70 pound cases of chicken everyday i lift 3 a minute, and carry them over to the drop off spot. And of course this is all day with 2 30 minute breaks, but i guess it's not that bad.

I work at Tyson, it's a nasty ass place to work too, but i only pay .50 for anything, from the big jumbo pack family size shit all the way to the small stuff prices are same for everything. My favorite are the tenders Yumm yummm. I paid 6 dollars for enough tenders to last me 3 weeks, big ass family size.

Oh lol to get back to the point, i workout 3 hours after i get off work.

Mon-fri

peace out

steele175 is offline New Member
    i do electrical work all over ma so w/ different job sites and starting times it hard to get a steady routine, but just look at the BEER BELLY forming. thats what keeps me going!..... besides i think its so much easier to wake up that early if ive been going to the gym. when i slack i drink lots of coffee....not to good when theres only porta shitas around..

John Hubbard is offline Associate Member
    I have worked construction ,welding and fabrication in the past and the way i sceheduled it was i woke up fairly early in the morning and did my workout after a small breakfast. I would be tired all day at work because of this but it was more important to me to get a good hard workout in than it was to impress the boss.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    im 18,working summer job as a hydroblaster/hydrocutter for EES

Tman is offline New Member
    Automechanic, work 9-12 hours a day depending on amount of work.

Take an hour or so rest when I get home and then go to the gym.

I just got back to the Gym after a 9 month time out (dont ever stop its hard to start, and you will depress yourself) I have found that I have more energy when I work out for the entire day. I work faster at work also. Well maybe after this sorness goes away...lol

My plan is this

- i use to work out 5-6 days the 6th would be legs but i doubled that up with biceps or back so now im going to go 4 days (arms,chest,shoulders,legs/back) Do abs 3-4 days

- Sat and Sun im off Those will be the days i do my double muscle days
    arms and back/legs will be done on these days and during the week tues and thurs i will do shoulders and chest cause ill be always will be going with some one on these days on the weekend i might be by myself.

- cardio i havent set anything up for yet i am scared that i might be doign too much cardio casue im working my ass off for 8 hours then if i go on a machine for 40-60 minutes im wondering if that is any good and i really cant eat as much as i like casue im working all day now. Once i get my cd/mp3 player i think ill do the cardio for sure. Any advice or info on this here ?

I think my plan is pretty decent any suggestions ?

Thread Information