skid is offline Banned

Exclamation My Sorrow, and a Word To Other Pet Owners

Dear Friends,

Allow me a minute to share what I've been through in the last 24 hours ...

Yesterday afternoon I arrived home to find my dog had passed away ... she was only 3 years old and in good health. But something went terribly wrong, we assume it was some sort of seizure, and I'll spare you the rest of the details.

I'm not only full of grief, but full of regret that I wasn't the daddy I now wish I had been. I always assumed we'd grow old together. I thought we'd have time to play/walk/wrestle/etc TOMORROW, and I put my needs ahead of hers more times than I like to admit. She was always so happy to see ME, and I wish I was always just AS happy to see HER.

If you have a pet, and perhaps you realize you haven't been spending as much time with him/her as you should, PLEASE take a moment to do something special with them and let them know how important they are to you, EVERY DAY if possible. Don't let something like my tragedy catch YOU off-guard, wishing you had done more.

Things could be worse ... I have much to be thankful for. And if these word strike a chord in your heart, be thankful for your blessings as well.

Thanks for letting me share.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm sorry to hear that bro. I'm sure that you were great to her. Best wishes to you.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your loss, bro. Keep your chin up.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    damn bro, thats horrible, hope all is getting better. i just got a puppy yesterday, and i will definately keep this in mind....

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Im sorry to hear that skid. It is a very sad thing to have to deal with bro, just remember -all dogs go to heaven.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I never take my pets for granted for this very reason. They are like family members to me. Sounds like it was the same for skid. My condolences bro

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I have been pretty busy lately! You bring up a very good point. I think I'll go play with my wanna be bird dog puppy for a little bit. Thanks.

peace,

ttgb

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    that's shitty man... me and my dog laid on the couch just watched star wars and ate some yummy food

btw, she's 15.5 years old!!! she's still kickin after a surgery and lots of medication.

Tman is offline New Member
    Dude, I sort of know what you are going through. About 6 months ago, I drove 600+ miles each way for this Awsome German Shep. Puppy. Totally awsome Dog, well about a month ago, he got hit by a car when someone didnt lock the outside gate and he got out. Hardest thing I ever delt with.

Anyway, sorry to hear about it.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about your loss homie. Im glad you took the time to post--it will help me, b/c I have been putting that quality time off as well. Thanks for getting my mind back in check. Stay up.
    -Cy

skid is offline Banned
    Thanks to all of you for your nice words and well wishes. It's been a tough week, but I'm making it through. And I'm sorry to hear about your loss as well, Tman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Sorrow, and a Word To Other Pet Owners-bwownie1.jpg  

is that the dog's pic!?

skid is offline Banned
    yes, that's her.

many writings on grief and recovery from pet loss advocate memorializing them as part of the healing process, so I posted her picture as part of my tribute.

cute, ain't she? part of what makes it so hard

dammit, that bugs me..

cant believe how cute she is!

Thread Information