Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Met on the net, but ever in person?

I'm just curious as to how many people have met someone over the internet and then decided to meet in person. I know many members and mods from this board have met. Anyone have any interesting stories about doing this? I've never met anyone over the net, and I'm hoping you'll all give me horror stories so that I never do it.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Well, my freshman year of college I used to chat on Yahoo when I was bored. Well, to make a long story short, I met a chick who went to my school. We chatted off and on for the next few days. I ended up calling her on the phone and talking to her. Turns out she knew one of my friend's girlfriends (who was a stripper), so I was like "Hell ya...she knows the stripper girl. She must be hot". We arranged it for her to show up at a party at my friend's house later in the week, but I didn't know she would show that particular night (they threw alot of parties). When she showed up, I was on acid tripping my balls off and she turned out to be a fat nasty slut..LOL...all I told her was "I'm tripping on acid..I gotta go"...Damn that was a fun night

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    I have met people from AR in real life.

Met plenty of chicks that I met online. Went form totally nasty disappointments (where was the truth in advertising?) to extremely hot & fun ladies I dated for quite a while.

Ya never know--it's just a new way to meet people!

Gear101 is offline Member
    i've meet two or three people off the broads.. i'm moving sone and will meet more people at that time.. gearedup, canes4ever, senor, just to name a few..

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Nope, never...But I wouldn't mind meeting a few.

babyweight

RATM is offline Senior Member
    ditto to what babyweight said

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I met someone online about three years ago when I lived in Canada. She was living in the U.S. at the time. I'm going to make a really long story short and say that we've been living together for the last year and I'm currently saving up for a ring.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Be meeting my first from AR this weekend.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by bad_man
    I met someone online about three years ago when I lived in Canada. She was living in the U.S. at the time. I'm going to make a really long story short and say that we've been living together for the last year and I'm currently saving up for a ring.

oh....that is so cool!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I have only met one person from the boards and it happens to be from this one - for that I owe this board more than I can say.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I met two of my better friends here at AR...Tigress and eye_candy (well, EC and I first met over at Bolex). I have spoken on the phone with Jason, Mike and Tobey (whom I consider very good friends) and have corresponded in great detail with Primodonna, partyboynyc and Ann (very good friends). I have also corresponded a lot with Billy Boy, Pappapump, Kiser_Soce, Little Girl (and Big Sus), TNT, Full Intensity, Shredz, Excess, Diesel and Big Kev...all of whom I consider friends. That DOES NOT mean I don't consider all of you my friends.

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    I've met people from track and field message boards at like a meet or something, and you just shoot the shit, I did meet this one girl, she tried to make it out like she was a bad girl, but she was all fake, her dad was a pastor and everything, she lived close to me, very nice and good looking girl, just way too much of a straight arrow, but I have not met anybody AR....its too easy to be fake when you are sitting behind a computer, you have to be careful about things.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I have never nor have I wanted to before but, I would like to meet everyone from AR. I consider you all my friends. Maybe someday we can have one big AR party?

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    Although I have never met anyone from AR, I must say that many people on this board have gained my respect and trust, which I must honestly say I never thought I could do without meeting a person face to face. I would consider several people on this board my friends. This is the only board I associate with. It is filled with many classy people.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm not one to chit chat on the computer, but

there are people from this board that i speak w/ frequently only because theyare class act people. pete and i talk alot and jason and i talk more and more.a few guys and girls i speak w/ regularly.i spoke w/ tobey on the phone on sept 11th.i was so impressed that he called to see how i was doing.awesome guy who i never seem to catch up w/ anymore i guess due to not being on here a much.i don't do the chat room thing at all on aol or anywhere, but the people i speak to on here are awesome guys and girls so i mak it a point to try and keep in touch w/ them.
    now that i'm chillin' in nj for a bit, anyone who wants to hit up some clubs or get together just throw me a PM.when i'm back at my place in NY, the invitation is still open. good people around here.unlike all the guido meathead losers you see day to day offline.i'm down for a metro area AR party anytime as long as everyone is definitely down.it would have to be coordinated though.no, "yeah i'm down!!", then no one shows up

freakout is offline Associate Member
    It is rather impossible for me to meet anyone from this board. Not in the near future...

Main reason: location

I almost met someone that I met over the net, but she turned out to be a total psycho. CrazyRussian is right, people can hide behind their computers. Fortunately for me, she eventually showed her true wacko.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    I have met: Tobey, Mugs, Jenna, Bigkev, Keymastur, Androplex, Tryingtogetbig, Dizzy Lizzy, and I know I have left someone out (sorry if I did)

I talk to so many people on here that I could never name them all. I talk to the mods, I talk to partyboy when we are both online. I have several people in Houston I am sure I will meet soon. I almost met Wake Girl the other day but we missed each other. Haven't met Minnie Me or BigD, who both live in Houston, yet. I talk to some of the admins of other boards who are members here but rarely post. I don't know how many people I have either chatted with online or via phone but there are a lot of them. So as time goes on I am sure my list will grow.

MinnieMe is offline Female Member

Lightbulb

Well aside from the members i already know.. I did get to meet BigD, and this weekend.. Jenna and I finally got to meet Pheedno...........BUT...I'm still looking forward to meeting PTBYJASON.........What's Up?....... .....among others ....

MinnieMe........

Jenna and Minnie are my first from AR, definately excellent company.
    So many from Houston, I'm sure the list will continue.

Cali is offline Female Member
    I have met a few people over the net. One was a total freak, one was nice but we lost touch, one made me thankful I was able to kick his ass when it was required, and one I dated for a while. I MIGHT be meeting someone from AR this summer...

Well Cali it seems your experiences have been rather hit and miss.
    Good luck in the future

jbrand is offline Member
    We should arrange a big fiesta for people around the NY area, simply because I have seen so many. People who are willing to fly can roll V.I.P. by default

I am going to have to substitute Myoplex for beer at this occasion though, as those things seem to run substantially more per case.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Thanks, Pheedno.

I am making an exception for the AR member because after the one miss I swore I wouldn't do it again. Who knows...

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I,m with Pete on this there are a lot of people on here I would consider friends and I,m not going to name them all.

I,ve spoken to Canes on the phone and met Big Al

Imagine one big AR party now that would be fun!

CrazyRussian is offline Associate Member
    any of you from northern california?

sweetgirl is offline Female Member
    i would LOVE to meet everyone at some AR beach party...put a face to words...all i need is about a good month to shape down and i'll be ready to go..

i have never met anyone frm the net...i guess there is a frist time to everything

we could all guess who's who, for the one who have never met...
    sweetgirl

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I haven'y met anybody yet, but this weekend i am going to meet one person from Mississauga area and later in September another from out east (You guys know who you are...), that's not to say that i wouldn't want to meet a lot more of you, hopefully soon i'll be meeting some of you down from the USA (you guys also should know who you are...) This is the only Board i visit and spen most of my time on, it's full of very good and friendly people that are always willing to give a helping hand in whatever it might be that you need. I never would have though you can develope friendships over the net, but now i am a believer...

I am game with the sweetgirl's idea of AR beach party, so everybody start your diets and let's pick a place and time...who's in...

Oh yeah, maybe we can make it on a nude beach, just a suggestion...

XXL

$uperman is offline Member
    ive met a few people from around here , i have some family in texas so im sure ill meet some texans pretty soon. just had a good friend move to new york for college so i plan so visit her soon. so i may meet some newyorkers off the board. ive talked to many of the members on here threw pm's and on chats.

manijak is offline Associate Member
    I met babyweight

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Like Pete said, I met him and Bert on this forum, and am so glad I did. They are now close friends that we see regularly.

And Quad (she posts in the womens forum) and I met on another forum we both moded at, and I flew about 1500 miles to meet her and her hubby. That was in the fall, and in two weeks they are flying here for 5 days to hang out.

Also 2 women on another forum, I met at a bb show in Toronto in the fall. All have been very positive experiences. So far I haven't met anyone I wished I hadn't.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

Originally posted by tigress
    So far I haven't met anyone I wished I hadn't.
    Thats because you haven't met me yet!

Originally posted by MinnieMe
    I'm still looking forward to meeting PTBYJASON.........What's Up?....... .....among others ....

MinnieMe........

Hey, where's the party at?

Originally posted by PTbyJason

Hey, where's the party at?
    Next Saturday.. At BAR......... .......What do ya say.......???

Minnie-Me........

Originally posted by MinnieMe

Next Saturday.. At BAR......... .......What do ya say.......???

Minnie-Me........
    I might be out of town the next few weekends, but if not, I am game. We have both been at BAR at the same time before, I just didn't realize it until afterwards. I think I am going out sometime this week, like Thursday I believe. I will let you know my party schedule as soon as I find out what it is.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    NYC is it?

Guess will have to wait for updates from all of you...

Originally posted by PTbyJason

I might be out of town the next few weekends, but if not, I am game. We have both been at BAR at the same time before, I just didn't realize it until afterwards. I think I am going out sometime this week, like Thursday I believe. I will let you know my party schedule as soon as I find out what it is.

It's definately a deal then........and besides.....Thursday is ladies night.....Talk to ya soon...............

M-M........

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Originally posted by EXCESS

Thats because you haven't met me yet!
    I doubt that Excess.

Quad is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by tigress
    Quad (she posts in the womens forum) and I met on another forum we both moded at, and I flew about 1500 miles to meet her and her hubby. That was in the fall, and in two weeks they are flying here for 5 days to hang out.
    15 days...and counting!!!
    Winners never quit...Quitters never win!!!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Only person I met is Keymastur. He's my bitch.
    Talk to only 2 people from AR on the phone, one being Key, and one in PT. Both awesome guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information