Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    androplex is offline Donating Member

Steroids have given me side effects!

A word of thanks to AR and a possible good bye too.

Well I have been on the board for about five months now and wanted to thank those members on the board that got to know me and shared their knowledge and experience with me. I have learned a lot and so to speak have grown up here at AR. I have used deca , test, clomid, hgh, dhea, androgel , propecia, nolvadex , and know about pins, vials and how to inject. I have done a cycle and made great gains and did it safe.

I have shared my knowledge about what I have experienced and learned. I have shared lab results and the info that my doctors have provided me. I have met some really great friends here at AR. Some that are not with us anymore. I have been given respect and learned that many here at AR care about me. And also know others don't.

When my friend killed himself I was given a lot of support here at AR and have worked through a lot of my problems with this issue thanks to many here at AR. Thank You, to those members that have exchanged post with me.

Now for the good bye.

I have not been completely honest with AR about myself however and can no longer continue being a member here at AR under the current circumstances.

What I am about to tell the board my change how others interact with me from this point on but I hope not.

I am gay.

I wish you all well and understand how you might feel about me now.
    I just could no longer continue to post without making this acknoweldegment in fairness to the many friends I have made here. I hope you still respect me and wish you well with your endeavors in body building. I just ask that you do it safe with blood work along the way to check things out. My business here at AR has been to learn about steroid use and how to apply steroids to help with fatigue and also learn how to get bigger.

I just new steroids were gona have side effects on me and now I know what they are.

Last edited by androplex; 06-21-2002 at 06:00 AM.

Gay, Strait, doesn't make a difference as to what amount of knowledge you posess. I'm not sure if you know this, but you aren't our only openly gay member here. Sure you may get the odd childish comment here and there, but people that close minded aren't on the board for very long anyway. I imagine that it took a lot of courage for you to disclose this information to us, but I'm sure I'm with the majority when I say your sexual status has no bareing on what we think of you as an important member of this board.

BRM

LiftHeavy is offline Junior Member
    why would you even discuss that? did someone ask what prefence you had? (no flame just confused )

bronzebeefcake is offline Associate Member
    Why would anyone think differently because you are Gay???One more thing what s this side affect youre talking about???I mean I skimmed through your post and it sounded like "Steroids made me gay"???HUH?

pump man is offline Junior Member
    sound's confused?

irish4life is offline Junior Member
    Gay or not you have my respect bro. Thanks for the knowledge you have shared with us and i hope this is not the reason you are thinking of leaving the bored.

sav22 is offline Associate Member
    Straight or gay...knowledge is knowledge. Your voice will be heard no matter what!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Your sexual preference doesn't matter around here...you're an iron brother and thats all that counts. You're always welcome at AR, and we'd be happy if you decide to change your mind and stay on the board. Good luck.

marx is offline Member
    Who gives a fuck if your gay bro??? That shouldn't change the way anyone here thinks about you here, at least it doesn't change my opinion. Stick around the board, unless you have a real reason to leave...

RudeBwoy is offline Junior Member
    Gay, Bi, straight, twisted , it dont matter. You're a brother, and A bro is a bro no matter the sex pref. If you have guts to say it then you have guts to stay!

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    I take it that you think being gay has some bearing in the context of using this board?

Dont be so daft!

If your being gay makes a difference to anyone on this board then I might suggest we all send them a PM of symapthy because the poor deluded fool needs some help!

Dont make yourself excuses! If you want to leave then fine, but dont blame that leaving on your being gay! This is an INTERNET forum! It doesnt matter if you are gay, straight, balck white or yellow or purple with blue spots for that matter (Although some might question your injection technique!)

Heres a thought for you:
    To my knowledge the only gay member on the board who was open about it was Canes, and he has left (I dont know why, I wasnt about when he went) Dont YOU think there should be some gay guys on here? Some openly gay guys who can be there to answer questions and give support for anyone else who is gay?

Think about that! If you are an active GAY member of AR, then other gay men who are a little nervous of the board will be more likely to come here and talk, because they can ask YOU a question and know you will understand from their perspective!

I think it would be a shame for you to leave just because of this. I might as well say Im leaving because I.... have tattoos, or Im from the UK, or Im married, or Im almost 40!!

Reconsider bro. You KNOW you dont want to leave BECAUSE you are gay. Thats daft! If there is another reason then tell us, but if thats all it is then stay, sit back and carry on as you were!

Take care and good luck with whatever you choose to do, but I hope I will get to talk to you again on AR.

astrolifter is offline New Member
    This is confusing to me. Do you have some internal need
    to proclaim your gayness to everyone or something? I personally don't care nor do most of the other people here, this is a bodybuilding board not a board on discussing sexuality. The only way people would flame you here on that matter is if you started talking about how you 'picked up' a guy or something of that nature. You don't feel the need or desire to do that do you? If not, then chill and stick around for a while..

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Nobody will treat you differently because of who you are andro...that's a promise.

Guys, granted this is a a message board and it's main purpose is to provide answers and advice that help people. But ask anybody who has been around a while, it's not a typical anabolic message board. There is no flamining and the support around here is second to none. The mods are dilligent in monitoring what happens and because of our diversity of geographic locations, it's rare that the board is without at least one moderator. IMO, this board is more like a community or family and because of that our members feel compelled to share information about themselves. I feel they consider the other members not just other people interested in AAS but consider them friends. I, for one, think it was perfectly reasonable for Andro to share his lifestyle with us and if anybody has a problem with that...TFB! I talk about my wife all the time, nobody has ever questioned me with "Why is it neccesary for you to proclaim your straightness by constantly talking about your wife?" Anyway, I don't think this is a problem here at AR but I just want everybody on the same page here.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

What

I am gay
    So what? I am stright, few other who post here are gay. I think everyone is mature enough here to accept everyone for who they are. Stick around bro. I like reading all your medical jounral stuff. If they are not the mods will take care of the problem.

CLK Davey is offline Junior Member
    steroids make you gay? LOL i never knew that, I know the test makes you horny as f*ck but dude, does it really make you gay? is this a true side effect?

I didn't want this post to be a sad post at all. I just wanted others to know that might be struggling with the gay issue that they have someone they could talk to since Canes and BigGuns are no longer here. When my friend shot his brains out, because his family did not accept him for being gay it really messed me up. That was 5 months ago and I have come a long long way since then dealing with it.

I found help here at AR from several members that are still here, some are gay and I will not name names, and also from several members that have left AR too. Yes I realize this is just the internet but someone heree at AR might just be struggling with this issue and are just holding on and I want them to understand that they are not alone. Steroids can amplify gay feelings (excluding deca alone) because as many know it does make your sex drive go into overdrive, so to speak.

It sounds like the general opinion of the members here really dont care what ones sexual orientation is. I was not sure how the board would react and would be willing to leave if I needed to.

I dont want others here to think that I am looking for a man here at AR. I aready have one. I just hope that if anyone out their reading this will find some peace of mind in that being gay is not a choice but being a body builder is. I dont plan on posting any different than I have in the past I just want others to know if they are here reading this and struggling with this gay issue I understand what they are going through and would be willing to help them deal with it through PM's if necessary.

I guess this is my way of still dealing with my friends suicide too. All I know is steroids amplified my feelings and I am not saying steroids make you gay by any means. If one is dealing with gay feelings they can however complicate ones life in dealing with the increase sex drive.

I know this got pretty sappy. I tried to keep things as light as possible. Its just that when you loose someone you care about for such a stupid reason like my friend, you start to take yourself less serious and find that life has more meaning when you give back to others more than you take from them.

It looks like AR wants to keep me around and I am glad of that. Had they not wanted to then AR would not have been a place I could continue to post at.

CLK Davey is offline Junior Member
    when im in the club, and im on 5 hits of X and all of us fellas are standing around shirtless, yea i look over and sometimes get curious, but dude, its just the fact that you admire muscles so much and a good build that you start thinking to yourself that the male body is so beautifful, trust me..you can be on both sides of the fence, its all good! IM 21 and i like it all!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    No diffs. here Andro. I think you should reconsider your departure.
    AR members including myself aren't going to hold that against you.
    Your experience and good demeanor make you a valuble member here. Don't deprive yourself of further education or deprive future members of your experience because of this.

blondeBadBoy is offline Junior Member
    bro your gay OMG-LOL... Chill out,no one cares my friend.I am a male dancer in a gay club,here in toronto its all good

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Stay Around.

Flaco is offline Associate Member
    Hey why did Canes leave? I missed that guy

jaybird is offline Junior Member
    Bro, I feel deeply for the loss of your friend. It sounds as though you need to talk to someone about your feelings (concerning his death and your sexuality), but I don't think this is the place for it. I am under the impression that this forum is for steroid info and not personal info. I don't mean to sound harsh but this is my oppion. I do wish that you talk to someone, because it seems as though you are hurting inside. I know its hard some times, but remmember life is a gift you have to enjoy it.

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Androplex,

The things that are so great about this thread:
    1. You took the opportunity to show exactly who you are
    2. You gave the members of AR a chance to show you and everyone else who visits this board that they accept you and once again to prove how unique and supportive AR and it's members are.
    3. You have given relief to other's who may be struggling with these issues.
    4. YOU'VE DONE A GOOD THING.

Stay with us, ,man--'cause we all don't care what kind of sex you have in the bedroom (or on the kitchen floor, or outside--if that's your preference).

Best to you, Androplex. I'm glad people like you and the others who have responded are on this board.

AZlifter is offline Associate Member
    GREAT support Brothers!

See Andro....this board is a family ( a brotherhood ) we are all here to learn and in some cases teach. Your sexuality doesn't matter when you are apart of this family!

Stick around man! You've been helpful in a few of my posts and i thank you for that...don't leave just for that sole reason! there are people hear that can use your help and people that can help you!

Good luck in whatever you chose!

Hey, jaybird.

What if a member is not sure about their sexuall orientation and they do 400 to 500 mg of test and even stack it? It could make their sex drive go up and they might not understand why they are having more trouble dealing with the gay feelings they are having. I just want others to know that if they want to talk about it they are not alone and I will discuss the issue with them in private through PM's and protect the information shared. Severl here at AR did this for me and it was very helpful. Several are not out and I am not telling, those that helped me that where open about it have left AR.

I think this is a subject that fits here at AR. I am not saying the steroids makes someone gay. I am just saying that if someone is dealing with these type of feelings and does gear its going to be harder for them to deal with the feelings because steroids can increase the sex drive.

Please rethink what you posted.

BTW I have gone to a therapist over this and have worked through many of the issues over the last 5 months. If it was not for several members on the board here at AR 5 months ago that called me on my phone and talked to me about the use of steroids and how they can make your sex drive go out the roof and the issues I have spoke about I would not have faced my issues and dealt with them.

I just want to be availalbe for someone else that might be dealing with similar issues and the only way to let others know is to be open with my own sexual orientation. The ones that I knew that are out have left AR.

I thank you for your concern truly, and do respect your views but hope you understand this issue in my opinion does belong on AR.
    Last edited by androplex; 06-21-2002 at 10:14 AM.

jaybird is offline Junior Member
    yes, I can understand you wanting to let people know where you are, and what you want to do (be there for them). This is a one time (on AR) coming out for you, and I understand. This sould be done on PM's like you said. Look Bro, did you ever think you might not be gay? Some people have the feeling but the are confused. I don't know your situation, but you might not be?????? P.S. I am glad you have gotten professional help. I will say it, I don't think being gay is right. This is M.O. , but I am not judgeing anyone. I wish the best for you Bro. Any time I can help [email protected].

David B. is offline Member

Re: Steroids have given me side effects!

Originally posted by androplex

I am gay.
    BFD

--dnb

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Originally posted by androplex
    ......I think this is a subject that fits here at AR.....
    Quite right! Any subject which has a bearing on the use of steroids for a specific person or group of people fits here at AR. Sometimes we ALL need to get advice on something, and it helps if there is someone to help who is pretty much sitting in the same chair as you.

Its not quite the same thing but there is an over 30's forum to deal with issues which are relevant to that specific age group, and, while Im not pushing for a gay forum here, the same applies. Different people, and groups of people need specific advice from others who understand their specific issues.

You stay here and keep doing what you have been doing bro! There are people here who need you to be here!

jaybird
    ......I will say it, I don't think being gay is right......
    Nor is taking steroids! I notice however that YOU are posting on a steroid board, possibly even from a place where the use of steroids is illegal.

Obviously YOU think that taking steroids is ok! Dont you think that everyone deserves the right to make such decisions for themselves?

I dont mean this to sound like a flame, since it is not, anymore than your comment was a flame to androplex.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    So your a little happier then the normal guy, thats not a problem, oh wait??? you didnt mean that kinda gay did you??? LOL jk, tryin to lighten things up a bit.

No one cares on this board, its about bodybuilding and safe use to substances to help the process and I dont see where sexuality would come into it. Dont be so dramatic...

Boner is offline New Member
    Excatly how much steroids did you do

Just kidding, bro. The only thing we are interested in here is what you do in the gym, not your bed. Stay here, your help and knowledge is always appreciated.

Originally posted by Kaz
    Obviously YOU think that taking steroids is ok! Dont you think that everyone deserves the right to make such decisions for themselves?
    I agree, in princaple with what you're saying Kaz, but I just want to point out that being gay in not a choice, doing AAS is. I will qualify that answer by stating that doing AAS is wrong (at least according to the laws of some countries) but being gay IS NOT wrong...no more so than being straight. It's who youi are, it's how you were born...there is no decision making involved. No flame JB, I respect your personal opinion even if I don't agree with it.

BIG_GUNS_21 is offline Member
    I have to somewhat disagree with this b/c I think I was BORN TO JUICE!!! LOL

Your right, its not a choice he made, its a lifestyle he lives and he cant change that. Its like a straite guy TRYING to be gay, you cant change your prefrence and sexuality at the drop of a hat b/c your born that way, not conditioned to be gay or straite...

Originally posted by Pete235

I agree, in princaple with what you're saying Kaz, but I just want to point out that being gay in not a choice, doing AAS is. I will qualify that answer by stating that doing AAS is wrong (at least according to the laws of some countries) but being gay IS NOT wrong...no more so than being straight. It's who youi are, it's how you were born...there is no decision making involved. No flame JB, I respect your personal opinion even if I don't agree with it.

gunner27 is offline Junior Member
    Andro,

Glad you got this off your chest. I know from experience that being gay can be difficult to accept and deal with, and I am glad to see you have come through it well and feel comfortable being open about it. I have been out for about 12 years, and find it only gets easier over time. There is a great deal of acceptance in the BB community of gays, as many members of this board have just shown. Gay people can go far in the sport (example: Bob Paris), and I believe it will only get better in the future.

While I don't post very often, I have been on AR for about a year, manily reading posts and researching (yes, the "search" button is my friend). I have consistently been impressed with the people on this board and am happy to make a daily stop here. Stay around--you can help keep this board the kind of place it is.

Also, if you need to talk, feel free to PM me any time.

Ok, I just took the gay test on this site. I pulled it from an old post.

http://test3.thespark.com/gaytest/

According to the Gay Test...

Here are my results:

You are only 42% GAY!

The typical gay-man is 51% gay!
    Here's how you compare:

people less gay than you (3%)
    people just as gay as you (0%)
    people gayer than you (95%)
    Based on the 348,067 submissions before you.

Still doesnt change me however.

BTW my last total test level was pretty high 3400.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Originally posted by Pete235

Of course you are right Pete! I didnt mean to imply that being gay was a choice but.... dam! you know what I meant!

I think we should all live and let live, since, just by being here, most of us are breaking the law and doing something we know is not right. This IS a big family, and while we dont always have to agree with each other, we should respect and support each other, regardless of race, colour, religion or sexuality.

Originally posted by Kaz
    Of course you are right Pete! I didnt mean to imply that being gay was a choice but.... dam! you know what I meant!
    I know bro...just playing devils advocate

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    I took that gay test, I am only 28% gay. Average Straight man is 39% gay. Just thought Id share!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just got off the phone with a member here at AR that read this post and sent me a PM asking for help. I am so glad I came out. We should all be happy to know we are making a difference.

I wasnt trying to make an issue out of steroid use being right or wrong. Nor was I trying to say that gay was right or wrong.

How do I explain myself here. It really hurts me to see this thread go to a discussion of right or wrong.

I was just trying to be available to anyone that needs to know they are not alone in their journey to using steroids and understanding how to cope with being gay and using steroids. That others have made it through ok using steroids during the process and having gay feelings. If the board was against this I would leave because I could no longer post as a straight person.

Its all about doing steroids and dealing with being gay. You would have to be gay to understand what I am trying to say or have walked in the shoes of someone that has struggled with this issue while on steroids striving just to look better and be as good a body builder as they can and being gay too.

If your straight and you say something like man I was so horny last time I did a cycle I just keep looking at all the women with my tongue hanging out its no big whoop. But if your gay and you read this it can make you feel pretty self worthless if you are not ok with how you feel.
    Being able to express how one feels is helpful and if others know that there are gay people here at AR they can turn to in private or on the open board it will hopefully help them.

I have already had a member we all know and trust here at AR come out to me because of this post. He was so scared to talk about his sexual orientation that when we started talking about it he broke down and just started crying. He told me he was not sure who to ask for help and read this post and well it made a difference. I am not a therapist and would never give that kind of advice. Its just nice to know that a support group does exist here at AR for us in the mission of using steroids safely.

I dont know how to lighten this thread up and I dont mean to make it so dramatic. Life is good, I feel great, I have put on 40 lbs of muscle in the last few months and know a lot of the knowledge I now have about steroids came from AR.

Over the past months I have been able to talk to other gay members here at AR that have helped me deal with the mental challenges of steroids and being gay but some of them have left AR, the ones that I knew that had come out. I just wanted to pick up the torch and carry it on for those here at AR that might be gay and not know who to trust and turn to for help. If your straight you can just ask your question and not think twice about it.

No big whoop.

We are making a difference here. Its all about understanding how to use steroids safe and clean, just happens that some here at AR are gay and might have issues in understanding how to use steroids and being gay at the same time and doing it safe. I am not going to go into the details of this.

Last edited by androplex; 06-21-2002 at 03:27 PM.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Okay, Androplex, I'm pissed...

. . . because if you're going to use one of my clichés (yes, I used it long before Mike Myers), you should at least spell it right: No big whoop.

Now, dear friend, if this thread has not convinced you that A.R. is the most open board around in terms of tolerance and diversity, nothing will.
    So . . . Wanna fuck?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information