Big Show 23 Guest

Question Does this sound right to you

I just spoke to my cousin for the first time today after nearly 1 and 1/2 months of phoning him.For the most part I simply wanted info on money he owes me(It's a sizeable amount is all I'll say)He tells me that the reason he hasn't spoken to anyone is because he's having some health problems and was feeling dejected.But a few things bother me

1)We wasn't too to socialize when my brother went to his place a week or 2 ago

2)He had no problem talking to his girlfriend for the past month when he wasn't talking to me or my brother

3)To me it's just plain rude to not answer the phone,he could at least have answered the phone to say "Sorry I don't feel like talking right now"

And to be quite honest,for at least the fact that I put a dent in my wallet for him he should've at least had the courtesy to phone to let me know of any developments that would have a positive or negative effect on him repaying me.I did the same thing for my friend and to again be honest now he has so much respect for me and sometimes I'm the 1 person besides his girlfriend that he feels he can totally express himself to.Which makes me very happy,so personally I think my cousin is a jerk for not talking to me for a month.Because in some ways I think that(based on how I treat people)it's a bit rude.And to be frank if someone did for me what I did for my cousin,for damn sure I'd be talking to him like once or twice a week and if not for general conversation to give updates on the financial situation.I know what it feels like to have people you have a lot of respect for just not talk to you anymore and in the case of my friend I don't want him to feel that way

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Interesting,

I loaned my sister a good sum of money a few years back. We agreed when she would pay it back. Neither of us were kids and we both had decent jobs (although I had my own debts to take care of and it hurt to let the money go). She got in over her head on some debts when she went through a divorce so I helped her out. Well she kinda missed the time to pay me back, and I got a little angry. I never said anything to her but I did vent to a few close friends that I couldn't believe she wasn't at least updating me on the situation, she was pretending like the loan never happened. Anyway, looking back at it now I am glad I never said anything to her becuase my relationship with her is more important than several hundred dollars. She did eventually pay me back about a year past our agreed timing.

Lesson learned for me: If a family member wants a loan it's better to just be generous and write it off, consider getting repayed a bonus. Family is more important than money and she was going through a tough time with her marriage and debts. I know your situation is different but it is always better to turn the other cheek with family, I am sure he feels horrible about avoiding you as well as his other problems. Just my opinion.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    It sounds like he's fucking you around. If I were you I'd let him know that you feel like you're being screwed. Lay it all on the line and don't give him a chance to give you wishy-washy answers. I guess you're going to have to decide how important he is to you.

Big Show 23 Guest

I should note

I should that I got the info I wanted out of my cousin regarding his re-payments.It's just that his lack of communication with me seems wrong somehow

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    agreed, people appreciate a little communication, it is well deserved.

Big Show 23 Guest

I'm mad because

1)I'm the type of person that if I hold someone in high regard that I'll talk to the person at least once a week.Unless I'm simply too sick to do so,if I'd simply either call just to let the person know what's going on or call ASAP

2)He didn't have the foresight to think "Maybe I should tell him how the business is doing"

3)He had no problem speaking to his girlfriend while not talking to me for a month

4)For what I did for him I think I deserved a bit better then that.

The good news is he says that if everything goes according to plan he'll be able to pay me back the full amount.Which considering how patient I've been, is expected.The one thing I like about this board is that my cousin doesn't know about it & he isn't a member therefore I can say all this without fear of him reading this and causing a big argument within the family.If I wrote all this on the other board he and I belong to and he saw this I'd be in trouble

Big Show 23 Guest

IMO this is rude

I'm at my cousin's place right now watching WWE:King of the Ring.I came all the way here to enjoy the KOTR with my cousin.And he's nowhere in sight the event is almost done and he's simply left me and 3 other people alone so that he can be with a girlfriend he sees probably almost 7 days a week.He sees my brother and I once a month and he goes away.I came to hang with him not simply just watch tv.If I wanted to simply watch tv I would've stayed home

Thread Information