Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kimbo Slice

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis

Kimbo Slice

fighting live right now...whos watching?

g0dsend is offline Member
    me, I cannot believe kimbo won that, he was getting owned. He can thanks this win because of Califlower ear from Thompson

BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member
    i hope that was an eye opener for people who think he's amazing, didn't look good at all against james thompson imo

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    he has some major punching power

BigBrad330 is offline Associate Member
    strong punch, but no ground game and no stamina. i'm sure bas has some good training plans for him though.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    God that fight was hard to watch, it was just terrible. Were do they get these hacks at to fight kimbo..

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 05-31-2008 at 10:43 PM.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    shity fight. but more hype for kimbo from people who dont know shit. Tha tfight shouldnt have been stopper imo

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    is there a video up of this yet?

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -DedicateD- View Post
    is there a video up of this yet?
    Yep.

http://mixedmartialartvideos.com

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    The fact is they both knew each others weaknesses, but Kimbos was related to factors that was in his control, which is why I give more credit the UK guy.
    The second I saw his ear I thought "why not just send some dude with a fractured wrist in?"
    I don't the fight should have been stopped anymore than it shouldn't have began in the first place. I mean serious, they stop a previous fight over a poked eye than wait for some guys ear to explode before stopping another fight? MMA saw Kimbo as a tool to increase ratings, but 90% of the people who thought he had potential before the fight are most likely second guessing themselves right now.

How the fvck are you going to compare a guy to Tiger Woods based on a some youtube videos, nothing but politics imo.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    CBS is pushin Kimbo...hard...if it was stopped for the ear it shouldve been stopped earlier when the uk guy had him pinned in an almost crucifix and kimbo didnt fight back, i know the unches werent anything but the rule is if hes not defending himself he should stop the fight and didnt..also they tended to stand em both up again, Kimbos strength, kinda fast imo...it is absolute shit and Kimbo will get owned by any real fighter with a half assed ground game and any stamina...i htink he is the single most over rated athlete in any sport and its sad that CBS has sunk to promote such crap...Dana White even said that he is suprised CBS went that way and will set the sport back....

on a side note, the chick fight was wicked, Gina is sik hot...

and if i see the one anouncer in person i am gonna fukin kill him...he just irks the every lovin shit outta me....also Frank Shamrock is a tool...his comment about how he is "a very dangerous man" was a joke...he is a fukin joke...

thats all my rant for the night...i feel better

brewerpi is offline Associate Member
    the broadcast on CBS this evening proves that all the talent seems to be in the UFC...

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    CBS is pushin Kimbo...hard...if it was stopped for the ear it shouldve been stopped earlier when the uk guy had him pinned in an almost crucifix and kimbo didnt fight back, i know the unches werent anything but the rule is if hes not defending himself he should stop the fight and didnt..also they tended to stand em both up again, Kimbos strength, kinda fast imo...it is absolute shit and Kimbo will get owned by any real fighter with a half assed ground game and any stamina...i htink he is the single most over rated athlete in any sport and its sad that CBS has sunk to promote such crap...Dana White even said that he is suprised CBS went that way and will set the sport back....

on a side note, the chick fight was wicked, Gina is sik hot...

and if i see the one anouncer in person i am gonna fukin kill him...he just irks the every lovin shit outta me....also Frank Shamrock is a tool...his comment about how he is "a very dangerous man" was a joke...he is a fukin joke...

thats all my rant for the night...i feel better
    Gina is HOT, I would love to see her fight Kimbo next.
    And I couldn't agree with you more, the choke hold and the ref getting "bored" WTF?!
    Kimbo popped the guys ear than I think made 2 attempts to hit it again, and it wasn't till like 5 seconds after the last attempt that they stopped the fight..

Gina is sooo hot and can fight man...shes tough, but lacked stamina it was good the other girl couldnt continue...

the ref took any chance to stand em up as fast as he could and when the guys ear popped kimbo hit him a few good times but the announcer were saying it was 4 bombs that almost KO'd him but what a crook of sh1t...i will never watch that show again...it was pipss poor from the anouncing to the reffing to the foights..oither than Gina, i will watch her in anything...she'd kill Kimbo too...they are feeding Kimbo chumps and it almost cost him tonight...just wait till he gets beat then the hype will be gone...and i just pray it happens soon...

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    thanks

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Why do you haters automatically discount everything Kimbo does? Even his biggest fans don't think he's a world beater yet. Give the guy some credit...everytime he fights, he steps up in class. For some reason you all expect the man to come right out and fight for a championship. That's not the case and no one has ever implied he should fight at that level. Why can't people reserve judgement until he's had at least 10 MMA fights before you disgard him as shit.

I think that fight is exactly what Kimbo needed. His lack of cardio and ground game really showed. But isn't that what fights are suppose to do? Expose your weaknesses? Now he and Bas know exactly how to tailor his training for the next fighter, which I'm sure will be another step up in competition. No champion in history has gotten a title shot after 5 pro bouts...in any sport, no matter how talented!

Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Why do you haters automatically discount everything Kimbo does? Even his biggest fans don't think he's a world beater yet. Give the guy some credit...everytime he fights, he steps up in class. For some reason you all expect the man to come right out and fight for a championship. That's not the case and no one has ever implied he should fight at that level. Why can't people reserve judgement until he's had at least 10 MMA fights before you disgard him as shit.

I think that fight is exactly what Kimbo needed. His lack of cardio and ground game really showed. But isn't that what fights are suppose to do? Expose your weaknesses? Now he and Bas know exactly how to tailor his training for the next fighter, which I'm sure will be another step up in competition. No champion in history has gotten a title shot after 5 pro bouts...in any sport, no matter how talented!

because he is getting the hype of a title contender, he is getting more press than most real fighters with 20 fights, he gets treated like he is a world beater, like he is an amazing fighter, like he is unbeatable....he is a jokoe still and needs so much work, he was the main event tonight and the chick fighty was 10x the fight but yet he gets more pro,os and evereything...he is a joke to the sport and its to bad...i never said he was a shitty fighter, i just said he didnt deserve to win tonight and i think CBS is helping that along a bit...

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by xlxBigSexyxlx; 06-01-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: I had to much to drink

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    I couldn't believe Thompson's left ear. I've seen cauliflower ears before, but that was huge, and what really got me is that it was only on his left side. It looked like someone implanted a golf ball in his ear.

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    u have to give Kimbo credit, not as a fighter but as a self promoter and using the net to get him money. the fight was boring and Kimbo is heading to the bank.....

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member

Why? I can tell you my opinion why... cause everyone is afraid that someone who is just a straight up tough dude from the streets can come in and whip an alleged "trained bad ass"....It is kind of an ego buster to be training hard then to have the threat of some guy who hasn't worked the same come in and lay some dudes out... besides that, there is a bunch of underline prejudicy here mixed in with all this...

If he gets any respect and is treated like a top contender it is because he established a name for himself as a tough dude from fighting in the streets... so everyone says well if you are really that bad come in to the cage... so he does it... then the hating and internet battles begin...

I could care less, but I do say i am a fan from way back and say I still like the fact that you can just open it up to whoever and say if you really think you can do something or if you have something, then bring it on the table.. I don't care if you are karate, grappler, boxer, street fighter... bring it on the table and let it fly...that is excitement to me and MMA... and that is what Kimbo brings, whereas others want it to be a political system that runs through Dana White's ass in order to fight....screw that shit..

I like Kimbo, why? well maybe I can relate to him in some ways... but, one thing is.. I have not heard Kimbo talk shit like many others... I and many others use to hate big mouths like Tito and he gave everyone reason to because of his mouth....Kimbo has never ran his mouth like that and yet he has even more haters... that's when I call it bullshit and want him to succeed even more, just because of that... people are either prejedice of him or just brainwashed by Dana White about how a person should come up the ranks..

for anyone out there who says they are good and don't get a chance like Kimbo does.. then stop whining on the internet and get out there and knock some dudes out and bully your way in like he did....promote yourself, push it.. bring something to the table.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    Why? I can tell you my opinion why... cause everyone is afraid that someone who is just a straight up tough dude from the streets can come in and whip an alleged "trained bad ass"....It is kind of an ego buster to be training hard then to have the threat of some guy who hasn't worked the same come in and lay some dudes out... besides that, there is a bunch of underline prejudicy here mixed in with all this...

If he gets any respect and is treated like a top contender it is because he established a name for himself as a tough dude from fighting in the streets... so everyone says well if you are really that bad come in to the cage... so he does it... then the hating and internet battles begin...

I could care less, but I do say i am a fan from way back and say I still like the fact that you can just open it up to whoever and say if you really think you can do something or if you have something, then bring it on the table.. I don't care if you are karate, grappler, boxer, street fighter... bring it on the table and let it fly...that is excitement to me and MMA... and that is what Kimbo brings, whereas others want it to be a political system that runs through Dana White's ass in order to fight....screw that shit..

I like Kimbo, why? well maybe I can relate to him in some ways... but, one thing is.. I have not heard Kimbo talk shit like many others... I and many others use to hate big mouths like Tito and he gave everyone reason to because of his mouth....Kimbo has never ran his mouth like that and yet he has even more haters... that's when I call it bullshit and want him to succeed even more, just because of that... people are either prejedice of him or just brainwashed by Dana White about how a person should come up the ranks..

for anyone out there who says they are good and don't get a chance like Kimbo does.. then stop whining on the internet and get out there and knock some dudes out and bully your way in like he did....promote yourself, push it.. bring something to the table.
    Excellent post! And let me add this...who is entitled to compete in professional MMA? It seems Kimbo is being punished because he didn't wrestle in high school or have the money to join a reputable martial arts academy. My point is, training a sport for years doesn't make you good if you don't have talent. I've known guys who played football since they were 8-9 yrs old, walked on to a college, and played semipro ball for years. They knew the ends and outs of the game but they still weren't good. The same applies to any sport including MMA. Kimbo has talent and he and his people realized a money making opportunity when they saw it and they knew he wouldn't be able to make it through the traditional pathway. So props to the man and his backers.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Sorry wrong link, here is the fight :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9mMvjEMhs

Haven't followed Kimbo that much but for a streetfighter he seemed to be able to hold his own.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Man I just hate him as a human being. I would love to see him get clobbered!

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    youll recognize kimbo in this video but he isnt named in it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XBsC9pPqUko

I hope Kimbo goes down the same way as biggie and Tupac did

pumpd4lif is offline Senior Member
    I happy for him he has come along way.Hopefully he will fight a better known fighter and people will get off his back...Ya kimbo get paid do your thing....from rags to riches great story.And he blew the guys ear apart lol

Quote Originally Posted by WEBB View Post
    because he is getting the hype of a title contender, he is getting more press than most real fighters with 20 fights, he gets treated like he is a world beater, like he is an amazing fighter, like he is unbeatable....he is a jokoe still and needs so much work, he was the main event tonight and the chick fighty was 10x the fight but yet he gets more pro,os and evereything...he is a joke to the sport and its to bad...i never said he was a shitty fighter, i just said he didnt deserve to win tonight and i think CBS is helping that along a bit...
    And good for him,i love it when people come out on top when they have been struggling all their life.GJ kimbo slice keep it up

hauss man is offline Member
    No champion in history has gotten a title shot after 5 pro bouts...in any sport, no matter how talented!
    tito ortiz fought and beat Wanderlei Silva in his sixth fight for the ufc middleweight championship. i dont know if he had any previous pro fights before the ufc though.
    Last edited by hauss man; 06-01-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brewerpi View Post
    the broadcast on CBS this evening proves that all the talent seems to be in the UFC...
    Watch versus tonight little evil and faber are gonna go at it at 9:00 east gonna be a goodie.And it is a title fight

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    there was an article in ESPN the mag about kimbo slice.... i think all the 'haters' should take a read before opening their mouth...

how kimbo came up, is getting hype.... truthfully he hasnt done much of anything other than fight... but the hype he is getting is due to the porn business....

and people are saying he's a washup when he blew the fvck out of some dudes cauliflower ear and it was rigged? come on gimme me a break... if you were paying attention to the fight, kimbo gave a thumbs up to the official everytime he was being 'pinned'.... he was fine, they stopped the fight due to the damn blood onthe dudes ear bleeding like crazy... yes i thought that it shouldnt be stopped cause he could still fight....

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    I hope Kimbo goes down the same way as biggie and Tupac did
    I can see you not wanting a person to succeed for whatever reason.. to eaches own.. but, wanting someone murdered just shows how much of a worthless piece of shit you are and not the other way around.... wtf, you want someone shot??? that's just bullshit to be posting on a board regardless of how long you have been here...

Quote Originally Posted by rockinred View Post
    I can see you not wanting a person to succeed for whatever reason.. to eaches own.. but, wanting someone murdered just shows how much of a worthless piece of shit you are and not the other way around.... wtf, you want someone shot??? that's just bullshit to be posting on a board regardless of how long you have been here...
    God its not like im F*cking seriouse, but no I dont like him at all I think that hes a degenerate, reprobate, worthless pos.

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    the hype is media related not created by kimbo himself.

the guy is tough, but hes an amateur. he has plenty of time to get better. just because the promoters hype him up doesnt give you all a reason to hate him

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    God its not like im F*cking seriouse, but no I dont like him at all I think that hes a degenerate, reprobate, worthless pos.
    Dont like your tone buddy.I guess a white war criminal like george bush is OK?
    Wishing death on a person shows me that you are scum.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I can't believe they stopped the fight where the guy got poked in the eye!!!!
    That was panning out to be the fight of the night!!
    weak sauce.

And Kimbo, well lets just say he is real lucky Thompson had crazy cauliflower ear
    But Kimbo is entertainment., which is fans, which is money

Gina is smoking!

All in all, I was kinda disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by goose4 View Post
    Dont like your tone buddy.I guess a white war criminal like george bush is OK?
    Wishing death on a person shows me that you are scum.
    First of all goose Im not ten years old so dont call me buddy. Second, if you read the post of mine that you quoted I said I was not serious about wanting him dead. It was a hyperbole, an exageration of the truth to put emphasis on a point. Third what the hell does george bush have to do with this? I said nothing about him or my beliefs in politics, so why would you throw that in?
    Last edited by buffgator; 06-01-2008 at 03:19 PM.

ok,ok, let's not fight... buff said he didn't mean it literally... still it can be taken that way over the internet.....

let's just pretend that we are kickin it at our pad and shootin the shit over a beer or coffee and buff said that... we all told him to calm the heck down and that he is going overboard, no biggie... now let's move on with the subject....take a swig of your coffee or beer and relax

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information