Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member

Bodybuilding on the discovery channel....

i was flipping through the channels and on the discovery channel i see bodybuilding...they were showing some kind of special.....i missed half of it anyways i see craig titus and tom prince talking about drugs and how bodybuilders need it and take it or whatever thats besides my point anyways then later on they show like the natural bodybuilders and how there drug free.... all these guys were huge shredded and vascular there was this chinese guy i forgot his name im not sure anyways he was preaching about being drugfree no way this dude was drugfree huge and shredded and hard....all those natural's looked like they were on juice......... you think they were or you think there just " natural "

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    I know what your saying, but who am i to point fingers.. all i can say is that if they are natties then there doing a fan fucking tastic job.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Natural in alot of cases just maens they haven't been "on" in 1 year or more it doesn't mean (in most cases) they've been drug free for life.

xxxl83

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I caught the last 20 mins or so of it.

right natural to them means, i have cycled off long enough to not get caught.

cube is offline Junior Member
    obviuously some of those guys had/do juice, but i honestly think the majority didn't. they might have looked big, but compare them to any ifbb guy and they were tiny. i think titus and prince were on the show and they both dwarfed the natural guys.

the natural guys were impressive but its not like they were 250@3% or anything crazy, they were probably <200. theres probably a good number of guys on this board who are natural and are comparable size.

cube

Re: Bodybuilding on the discovery channel....

Originally posted by Commander_Bash
    i was flipping through the channels and on the discovery channel i see bodybuilding...they were showing some kind of special.....i missed half of it anyways i see craig titus and tom prince talking about drugs and how bodybuilders need it and take it or whatever thats besides my point anyways then later on they show like the natural bodybuilders and how there drug free.... all these guys were huge shredded and vascular there was this chinese guy i forgot his name im not sure anyways he was preaching about being drugfree no way this dude was drugfree huge and shredded and hard....all those natural's looked like they were on juice......... you think they were or you think there just " natural "
    bro, the guy you are thinking of is Stan Mcquay he is 5'7 185 - hardly the stats of an as user. espn2 just showed musclemania, and Stan was interviewed saying how he liked being a natural pro now cos he didn't have to worry about weight classes and he could now be a little biiger - he used to compete at 178 but he's now up to 185. these guys are the same height as the ifbb but weigh 100lbs less, no way are they juicin.

cube

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    you dont have too weigh 300 pounds to be a juicer,

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    Iron Horse is right, look at most of the guys here. Before I came to AR, I always assumed a guy juicing would be huge, but as it turns out, most of them start too early and don't get the results they expect. No flames to anyone, just my opinion. I am going to turn to the darkside myself, but I'm pretty satisfied with my natural results as well, and it cracks me up to see guys spending thousands on gear, yet are still smaller than a natural guy that eats right.

Commander_Bash is offline Junior Member
    im not saying just because there" big " they were mad ripped hard and vascular some people cant even get like that on juice......maybe they were taking " hydroxycut " lol or muscletech products

padawan, i see your point bro. i guess you don't have to look like jay or ronnie to juice. the point i was trying to make was about Stan Mcquay, he hasn't changed much in size over the years and is a strong natural advocate. the guy has great genetics and what i'm trying to say is that someone with great genetics who doesn't use as will still probably look better than 99% of us (natural or not). i'm sure flex or ronnie looked amazing before evening picking up a needle.

cube

BigD is offline Associate Member
    I caught the special myself, and imo I can see where those guys could be natural.

I thought my grocery bill was expensive. They were saying that the grocery bill typically runs $800 a month and supplements run $3-400 a month. That's a little more than I can afford.

That and watching that Stan Mcquay (?) guy walk in the middle of a high school pep rally and have every girl in there bout loose it as he struts around in boxer shorts....that bastard...yeah I’m jealous.

Originally posted by xxxl83
    Natural in alot of cases just maens they haven't been "on" in 1 year or more it doesn't mean (in most cases) they've been drug free for life.

xxxl83
    exactly .........

Surgeon General is offline New Member
    I belive they said that the competition they showed was the biggest natural competition of the year. Seems like the "Big Leagues" of natural bodybuilding.

Keep in mind that what they can achieve naturally might not exactly be what you can achieve naturally. That's just something to think about before you start pointing fingers....
    Last edited by Surgeon General; 07-03-2002 at 11:17 PM.

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by BigD

That and watching that Stan Mcquay (?) guy walk in the middle of a high school pep rally and have every girl in there bout loose it as he struts around in boxer shorts....that bastard...yeah I’m jealous.
    Yeah no kidding!! I wish I got that sort of reaction...you know his ego was way up there after that!!

Gene is offline Associate Member
    I thought my grocery bill was expensive. They were saying that the grocery bill typically runs $800 a month and supplements run $3-400 a month. That's a little more than I can afford.

$1200/month ? I think that's a bit exagerated. I can probably construct a 5,000 kcal/day, 300-500g protein/day, diet for under $400/month.

1 pound of chicken = $4 = 100g protein
    100g of protein powder = $2
    dextrose = $2/pound
    12 egg whites = $1-2 = ~40-50g protein
    1 gallon of skim milk = $2

And of course you have other misc stuff that they would need, should run no more than an extra $100/month. As the contest nears, they are eating less calories so that money can be spent for ECA pills, multi's, or diuretic herbs or whatever they need.

When I began to notice how expensive this gets, I just tried to cut out unnecessary expenses. ie, lunch outside is $5-10 for a meal thats usually mostly starchy carbs & fat and very little protein. Thats $200/month if you do that every day. $400/month if you do it twice daily, or more like a majority of the obese public. I'm not surprised that many amateur and pro bb'ers had a very good handle on how to efficiently use their money.

Typical person's diet:
    breakfast = $5 for coffee, donuts, egg sandwich, whatever
    in between = $1-$3 for bottled water, snacks
    lunch = $7 burger & fries & soda
    more coffee = $1-2
    greasy snacks = $1-2
    dinner = same as lunch

The only people that say this is an expensive sport (for natural bb'ers) are often those that don't know how to spend money properly. Just my opinion of course.

me too

Thread Information