Ironweb is offline Member

Things I do to stay motivated

1. Read material relevant to what you’re doing. It keeps the thought of bodybuilding in my mind and keeps me informed on new techniques, supplements, drugs and gives me models of what I want to achieve. It also allows me to see others who have the same struggles that I have, and what they do to break through those barriers.

2. Change up my routine to keep it from becoming so routine. Sometimes the changes are nothing more than changing the order of exercise. Other times it is a complete change of exercises.

3. I will watch movies that have bodybuilders in it. Conan the barbarian is one I pull out often.

4. Stay flexible. Be willing to do other exercises when going to the gym. Sometimes when I have to hit the gym at peak hours it can be hell to get to the machine/weight bench etc. that you want. Instead of becoming discourage I have alternatives to go to. Sometimes it may be starting with back instead of bi’s. I have had some great workouts and left feeling good and not doing any of the exercises I had in mind when I came to the gym.

5. Know your gym. I try to find times that I can go when it will be less crowded. All gyms are different but if you can find a time that gives you elbow room then that keeps me motivated to go hard because I have no one in my way.

6. Enjoy it. I enjoy the time I have in the gym. It’s mine and if I miss for whatever reason I always look forward to getting back.

Just a few thoughts that I thought I would share.
    Peace and keep lifting

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Nice

Nice Iron,

Different people do different things, I watch movies, read motivational quotes, and try to assosciate with positive, helpful people as much as possible. I respect what your doing brother. Some real good ideas.

Valmont is offline Banned
    First off-I just wanted to say that Christopher Watkins is the man! Cool avatar there FW!!

Anyways, its not that Im not motivated its that I am getting pretty bored with training. Sure its nice to see results-but since Im not competeing the whole eat, train, rest thing just gets to be a drag at times.

Nice post though

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Valmont
    First off-I just wanted to say that Christopher Watkins is the man! Cool avatar there FW!!

Anyways, its not that Im not motivated its that I am getting pretty bored with training. Sure its nice to see results-but since Im not competeing the whole eat, train, rest thing just gets to be a drag at times.

Nice post though
    Thanks Valmont,

I'm a huge Chris Walken fan. Doesn't get any better as far as actors go then Chris Walken. Peace and Take Care.

Ironweb is offline Member
    Originally posted by Diesel
    I look in the mirror every morning.

Does it for me.
    That is always a great motavating factor for sure. I know that I am very hard on myself and my wife gets so mad at me and tells me to shut up too many times. But if I ever said that's it then I am probaly dead and in heaven.

Thread Information