Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 23 of 23

Thread: MP3's

  1. #1
    demetri's Avatar
    demetri is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    546

    MP3's

    I'd just like to start out by saying that I don't condone the downloading of MP3's. It's imoral and you're taking food out of the mouths of starving musician's like Metalica and Vanessa Williams.

    Just as a point of curiosity I was wondering where people download MP3's from? Napters' gone and Audio Galaxy has become AD-Ware (I hate that gator shit) and usenet can be tedious to search through.

    Whats the latest and greatest source for Music so that I can decide which CDs to spend my money on.

  2. #2
    arthurb999's Avatar
    arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,715
    Morpheus

  3. #3
    dane26's Avatar
    dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zoo-York
    Posts
    2,532
    morpheus, like arthur said, or you can use kazaa....they're almost the same thing

  4. #4
    palme's Avatar
    palme is offline Rosie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,649
    Kazaa and morpheus are the same.

  5. #5
    righton is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    land of the cottonheads(F
    Posts
    1,171

  6. #6
    IronCy's Avatar
    IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,012
    Stay away from kazaa, morpheus, bearshare...they self install programs that make internet pop up screens go crazy while your online---and you cant uninstall them--have to get a special program to find them and remove them, winmx is the best thats out right now.
    -Cy

  7. #7
    Buddha_Red's Avatar
    Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, Texas
    Posts
    1,688
    DONT go to www.winmx.com

    i just saw on cnn that they are being made to turn in everyone that is downloading copy writted music. Watch your backs bros

  8. #8
    arthurb999's Avatar
    arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,715

  9. #9
    Exocet's Avatar
    Exocet is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    How the hell could WinMX "turn everyone in"? That's hilarious. Grab it, it rocks (multi-sourced downloading rules)

    www.winmx.com

    and, for a spyware-free version of kazaa:

    www.kazaalite.com

  10. #10
    wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    231
    Originally posted by IronCy
    Stay away from kazaa, morpheus, bearshare...they self install programs that make internet pop up screens go crazy while your online---and you cant uninstall them--have to get a special program to find them and remove them, winmx is the best thats out right now.
    -Cy

    I'm in need of that program. Pop ups suck

  11. #11
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    download the freeware adaware to get rid of all of teh secretly installed programs that these applications install.

  12. #12
    wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    231
    Originally posted by scottp999
    download the freeware adaware to get rid of all of teh secretly installed programs that these applications install.

    Damn that program is like a sore penis....... ya just can't beat it.

    Thanks man
    wcg

  13. #13
    demetri's Avatar
    demetri is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    546
    thanks for the info guys.

    I downloaded Kazaa and I had a virus in minutes. Thanks to the snappy Sophos anti virus it didn't do any damage that I know of. I'm crossing the fingers.

  14. #14
    Exocet's Avatar
    Exocet is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Originally posted by demetri
    thanks for the info guys.

    I downloaded Kazaa and I had a virus in minutes. Thanks to the snappy Sophos anti virus it didn't do any damage that I know of. I'm crossing the fingers.
    Please tell me that you meant to say you downloaded Kazaa Lite , not just regular Kazaa. Its all the Kazaa you know and love, with 0 grams of Spyware.

  15. #15
    G Child's Avatar
    G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Posts
    2,572
    Too late for me, I'm a Kazaa victim!

  16. #16
    G Child's Avatar
    G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    Posts
    2,572
    Damn, there goes another pop up... and another...
    yup, there's one for the f*ckin' Casino...

  17. #17
    IronCy's Avatar
    IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,012
    I guess Im right every once in a while....you can download a program to remove those unwanted visitors installed by kazaa, bearshare, etc. at
    www.cnet.com
    -Cy

  18. #18
    Exocet's Avatar
    Exocet is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Ad-Aware can be downloaded here.

  19. #19
    Sicilian30's Avatar
    Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    There is no place like ho
    Posts
    3,690
    I use Limewire, which I like because you can do multiple searches. However, I do use Kaaza and Bear share. They all use the Newtella network to connect and will not be shut down. I heard of someone else using Crapster, which does not use popups. However to stop popups you can download popupstopper which I use quite regularly. It is a free download and will stop the popups.
    Beware, if you guys aren't running firewalls behind these types of programs, you will most definately get hacked or better yet, most hackers will drop trojan horses or viruses into any open port on your system. What you are doing when you connect to these services is connecting to a huge network of people thru ports, in which hackers monitor incoming and outgoing traffic and ** numbers. All they have to do is grab your ** scan it for vulnerbilities and see what ports are open and they are in.

  20. #20
    Buddha_Red's Avatar
    Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, Texas
    Posts
    1,688
    Originally posted by Exocet
    How the hell could WinMX "turn everyone in"? That's hilarious. Grab it, it rocks (multi-sourced downloading rules)

    www.winmx.com

    and, for a spyware-free version of kazaa:

    www.kazaalite.com
    heh then argue with CNN. they take your ** address and turn it into the record company for investigation.

    i didnt make it up bro

    i did search on their sight but couldnt find a word about it, but i did see story and thats enough for me.
    Last edited by Buddha_Red; 07-09-2002 at 01:07 PM.

  21. #21
    Exocet's Avatar
    Exocet is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red


    heh then argue with CNN. they take your ** address and turn it into the record company for investigation.

    i didnt make it up bro

    i did search on their sight but couldnt find a word about it, but i did see story and thats enough for me.
    But really now. Can you IMAGINE the manpower necessary to investigate *and* prosecute tens, if not hundreds of thousands of users? Millions perhaps, around the globe? Does the FBI have the time for this? Will my country allow me to be extradited to the U.S.? Most certainly not. I believe you when you say you saw a CNN story on this - but think about it practically for a moment or two. It just doesn't add up. I think the worst that could happen is that WinMX would be issued a cease and desist order. I am in no way chained to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

  22. #22
    Exocet's Avatar
    Exocet is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    193
    Originally posted by Sicilian30
    I use Limewire, which I like because you can do multiple searches. However, I do use Kaaza and Bear share. They all use the Newtella network to connect and will not be shut down.
    Unfortunately, the last I heard was that the creators of Kazaa could no longer afford to keep up with the costs of defending themselves in court. Kazaa may unplug their network in the nearish future.. stay tuned.

  23. #23
    Buddha_Red's Avatar
    Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Pasadena, Texas
    Posts
    1,688
    Originally posted by Exocet


    But really now. Can you IMAGINE the manpower necessary to investigate *and* prosecute tens, if not hundreds of thousands of users? Millions perhaps, around the globe? Does the FBI have the time for this? Will my country allow me to be extradited to the U.S.? Most certainly not. I believe you when you say you saw a CNN story on this - but think about it practically for a moment or two. It just doesn't add up. I think the worst that could happen is that WinMX would be issued a cease and desist order. I am in no way chained to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.
    I hear ya bro, lots dont make sense to me either.

    I was being over sensitive today, sorry about that.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •