ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~

Anybody else going to be watching the UFC from london Saturdau night.?

Just wondering who else is going to be watching. I'm having a bunch of guys over that i train with for some food and to watch the fights...Our buddy that we train with is going to be fighting a title fight so we are really rootin for him to kick some seroius booty...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im so mad! Swedish tv dont show UFC, not even on PPW! (but then again, we dont even allow pro boxing in this country...)

I guess i hafto wait for the video, whats your friends name?

Originally posted by palme
    Im so mad! Swedish tv dont show UFC, not even on PPW! (but then again, we dont even allow pro boxing in this country...)

I guess i hafto wait for the video, whats your friends name?
    Gil Castillo...He's one tough SOB...

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Yah, Im gonna have the descrambler ready for it--I just hope some people get "knocked the F--- OUT" The last couple UFC ppv's have just been a bunch of humping matches--dont get me wrong, that shit could kill most people--but Im the type of person who likes to watch a good ass whoopin---as long as its not mine!
    -Cy

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I didn't even know their was one on.
    I'll be watching definately.
    I can't wait until October when Tito and Shamrock get it on in Vegas.

Originally posted by Pheedno
    I didn't even know their was one on.
    I'll be watching definately.
    I can't wait until October when Tito and Shamrock get it on in Vegas.
    I'm not positive but I think Vito is fighting saturady. Matt Hughes has a little fight and i'm not too sure about who else is going to be there...

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i can't do the ufc anymore

i've been watching ti since day one of all the bar brawlers and watched it sort of culminate into a real MMA sport but ever since a few years ago when i got into watching Pride i just can't go back to the ufc. i have watched all the ppv's w/ the descrambler in the recent years to try and go back to it, but Pride is just so much better.better athletes not that ufc doesn't have good guys. i mean chuck liddell came into pride and handled guy mezger in his first pride fight so it can be done but i would bet $$ the top ufc guys couldn't handle the vanderlei silva's, the sakuraba's, even the pele is too tough for alot of those guys.most of the pride guys have so much vale tudo experience also.i don't knwo i'll watch and try to be unbiased

ValeTudo is offline New Member
    Partyboy I feel you on that. I love MMA/NHB but I like Pride over UFC. They both have great fighters but with all the "new" rules in the UFC Pride is a little more "real" I mean those knees to the head can really change a fight.
    I'll be watching the UFC no doubt but I am eagerly anticipating the next Pride Grand Prix.
    Just a question to those actually reading this thread...who all trains in submission fighting, BJJ, or anything like that?
    Personally I do BJJ here in SoCal but I started submission fighting when I was living in Japan for the past 6 years.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Valetudo there are a couple of fighters here on the AR board.

Im thinking of trying submisson fighting myself. Have background in Aikido, tai and shootfighting.

i'm a total newbie

i've followed mixed martial arts for many many years, but i just started a month ago training in muay thai. i love it.it was suggested to me to start there because it builds a strong base with many weapons to use. i was actually suprised at how quick i started to pick it up. i am so absorbed in it now. i was thinking the other day about the MMA sport and i think it's important to support the sport.whether it be by buying MMA mags or whatever.just to keep it out on the shelves.it seems to be a small subculture, but with pro boxing being so corrupt and that pro wrestling bullshit being so played out, i think it's a sport that can really come into it's own in the coming years. i'm anxious to keep learning.although i have yet to compete since i'm a new guy to it, i would love to do it in the coming year. it's cool that there are guys on here who are into the sport!!

ValeTudo is offline New Member
    I have links to a lot of good MMa websites they are as follows: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/
    http://www.mma.tv/
    http://www.fcfighter.com/
    http://www.sherdog.com/

and my place of training:
    http://www.armbar.net/

VT

i don't knwo if this helps anyone but

if you need anything in martial arts check out,,, www.martialartssupermarket.com
    it's right by my gf's house in nj so i'll be hitting it up tomorrow to pick up the new adidas kicks. it's really cheap if you buy online too!!

Re: i can't do the ufc anymore

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    i've been watching ti since day one of all the bar brawlers and watched it sort of culminate into a real MMA sport but ever since a few years ago when i got into watching Pride i just can't go back to the ufc. i have watched all the ppv's w/ the descrambler in the recent years to try and go back to it, but Pride is just so much better.better athletes not that ufc doesn't have good guys. i mean chuck liddell came into pride and handled guy mezger in his first pride fight so it can be done but i would bet $$ the top ufc guys couldn't handle the vanderlei silva's, the sakuraba's, even the pele is too tough for alot of those guys.most of the pride guys have so much vale tudo experience also.i don't knwo i'll watch and try to be unbiased
    That's true to an extent but alot of the guys switch back and forth. Some have contracts and some just go where the money is at...

that's true

good point iron. they all have to go where the $$ is.usually it's overseas

Thread Information