Thread: Gps????????

Gear101 is offline Member

Gps????????

ok thinking about jumping into the 21 centry.. anyone have a gps .. whats good and bad.. looking for one for my truck and maybe one for my new boat

wanna_c_gains is offline Associate Member
    I replied to this earlier, why the fuck was my post deleted?

I have a gps its a garmin gps 5 plus. Its a good gps, but basically just a toy. What are you going for with it? If you don't want a handheld one (which is what mine is) there are some awesome ones for boats that offer printers that actually print out your course also.

WCG

bortort is offline Associate Member
    I have one on my boat, I use the map style, it saves alot of time when traveling. My wife and I have a 40' cabin crusier and travel to alot of different ports. Some I have never been to before and I'm not exactly sure where they are, and I'm not sure of danger points. With the map style, you don't even have to look ahead. Its like playing a video game. It shows all the markers, danger points, shipping lanes, ect. and you just have to navigate the picture of a boat through it all. Mine also uses different chips. That way I can keep it updated with current info. They are very simple to use, I didn't even read the directions. and they can make a world of difference out on the water.
    Just brief info, if you need more let me know.

thinking about getting on of the Garmin GPSMAP one.. like to put it into my wife's car so she can get around boward county easier... and i don't think i'd mount the thing.. just drop it in and then i could bring it along in the boat

looks like on ebay they are running the 350 range plus mapquest aroung the 100 range..plus upgrade chip another 150.. but little by little i think i can get a nice system set up for under or around 500

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Iam an installer, tonight I am doing a side job for a friend. Going to be installing GPS navigation indash, on a monitor. That is prob. more that what you are looking for, but yeah GPS is cool if you can use it and drive at once..

hate to ask but what's the cost of one of those systems with the screen the folds out.. wired and rigged???

yea i got one for my boat and its great never leave home without it haha

bump

Thread Information