dern180 is offline Member

Bowflex..what Do You Think Of It?

I'M NOW A GYM MEMBER AGAIN. BEEN HITTING THE GYM HARD FOR THE LAST 5 MONTHS. BUT AFTER MY LAST GYM MEMBERSHIP WAS UP LAST SEPT I USED THE THE BLOWFLEX FOR SIX MONTHS. IT WAS THE WRONG THING FOR ME. I'VE SEEN SUCH NICE RESULTS AT THE GYM. THAT PLUS THE JUICE..LOL. ANYWAY JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ONE OR USED ONE AND WHAT DO YOU THINK OF IT?

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Its alright. If your looking to get toned up it would be good for you. But I like the atmosphere in the gym to much to stay home and workout. Also its not much for bulking either.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Also it not worth no damn thousand dollars!!!!!!!

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    My brother has one and I tried it out. I thought it sucked. My wife bought a Total Gym, too. It sucks even worse. I'll keep my gym membership...

Pada my freind has the total gy and dose even use it any more. A gym is your best bet. And titan your right it not worth 1200 hundred dollers but I'm on a payment plan 34 dollers a month. Now my freind want my blow flex it's his. I can't wait to get rid of it. All it dose is collet dust and hold wet towels on it.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    for $1200 I am thinking of all the home gym equip I could get - real stuff...

Only machine I would lilke is a versaclimber for cardio

Gomob is offline Junior Member
    My wife & I have a Bowflex & we love it. I can work any muscle that I can in a gym on the Bowflex. We only spent $800 for our. We got the 4 door sedan version. Plus, there isn't a gym in this hell hole of a town. I do miss the atmosphere of the gym.
    Just my opinion.
    Gomob

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    for $1200 I am thinking of all the home gym equip I could get - real stuff...

Only machine I would lilke is a versaclimber for cardio
    That versaclimber is going cost a little more than $1200. That what's nice about the gym. I pay them $21 a month and they let me use their equipment.

swampthing 21 dollor is real cheap for a gym membership. The lowest cost gym membership around me is 50-65 dollors a month.

Ironweb is offline Member
    The gym is always the best.

cube is offline Junior Member
    well, for 1200 you could buy a power rack, bar and lots of 45s

cube.

For 1200 hundred I could have a real nice cycle for that.
    Last edited by dern180; 07-21-2002 at 03:33 PM.

swampthing is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by dern180
    swampthing 21 dollor is real cheap for a gym membership. The lowest cost gym membership around me is 50-65 dollors a month.
    I used to live out east and I was paying $55 a month at Gold's. And it had some pretty old equipment and was a pain to get too. Now I am out west. Pay $42 a month for me and my GF at a Gold's that is pretty well equipped. Oh, it is about 5 minutes from home.

skid is offline Banned
    my friend has a bowflex and she LOVES it 'cause she would otherwise never go to a gym - she's lost pounds and inches and looks great, but her goals are to trim-N-tone ...

while it has many exercises and variety, I don't think it's the right "tool" for bulking ... my SO wanted us to get one and use my gym membership $$$$ as a monthly payment on a BowFlex instead, but I had to explain that I'd NEVER give up the gym ... he's a gym hater so he'll never understand

MAYHEM is offline New Member
    got a smith machine in the basement..i can get alot done on it and it only cost about 1/3 of that!

Why wouldn't Bowflex be good for bulking? It can go up to 410 pounds of resistance in any room in your home.

I would have to agree with everyone that said you really can't bulk on the bowflex. It not like using weights at the gym the range of motion is different. Weights are much better to use. And I don't think 410 pds on the bowflex is the same as 410 pds at the gym. It seems it's alot lighter on the bowflex. Its not real weight it's just resistance.

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    I pay $15 a month for my Golds Gym membership...new gym, everything you could ever need, it rocks

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    i belong to a gym in the city, and its where i do most of my training.
    that being said, i do have a gym in my basement at home. i have all free standing equipment........smith machine, lat pulldown, squat rack, etc. along with the basic equipment.

with my work schedule, its tough to always get to the gym, and this way i can simulate gym atmosphere when i cant get there.
    theres no way i would ever invest my money in an all in one type of system(a bowflex or home gym).
    im just lucky to be able to train at home when i have to, on decent equipment. my training partner dosent mind where we train, as long as we get a good one in.

peace bb79

Gear101 is offline Member
    1200.. buy some iron

Thread Information