Big Show 23 Guest

Question Do you ever feel like this;from a bodybuilder POV

Do you guys(and girls)ever check yourselves out in the mirror and think that you're either too small,look fat?I'm pretty sure that most if not all bodybuilders feel like that.I just find that it's so ironic that we spend time putting muscle on our frames and we still feel small.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    It is a sickness...the whole bodybuilding thing. But we all love it, I am sure most of us look in the mirror weither we are 200lbs, 300lbs or 120lbs and say I could use a little more size, or my abs could be just a little bit more ripped...but that is what pushes us to that next level. Strive for perfection and nothing less.

shorty2big is offline Member
    every single day brother!!! I will never be satisfied with myself. That's what drives us all to keep going though. It's motivational to know that you can be better.

NightOp is offline Member
    its called muscle dysmorphia... and i think many BBer's (including myself) have this... I'm actually getting away from BBing and more into PLing.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Hell yes!!!! I hate it. I always look in the mirror an dthink I am so small. However, people tell me all the time on how big I am getting. But for some unknown reason I never believe them. I feel like the crack addict; after his first hit he is hooked. Becasue everytime he tries the drug, he chasing the effect that he got when he first did it. What I am trying to say is that no matter how big I get I will always think I am small. So I will keep lifting and keep gearing untill I get to the point where I know I have hit the right image/weight.

Sorry if this didn't make since?

ari
    ari is offline Female Member
    I see my self - fat, small, or too big, all these things depending on the day. This summer I didn't dare to go to the pool, as I thought I'm out of shape. My BF took some pictures of me post my GH cycle and I was so surprized - I saw results, I looked much better than what was in my head. I really liked what I saw on the photos. Of coarse there are more things to be done - like bigger arms and so on... I'm really worried that I have BDD. I went even further - I took my GH to to be checked in the lab, as I couldn't see results from it. NUts or what?

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Im going through the same thing.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Well guy's and girls IC has the answer to all of your problems.

If I feel like I have hit a stale mate in my training routines and I am not getting any bigger, I just go out and buy smaller shirts! LOL Hell I've been accussed of juicing and looking 15 lbs bigger whan actually I just went a size smaller in the shirt department!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Originally posted by Tobey
    Well guy's and girls IC has the answer to all of your problems.

If I feel like I have hit a stale mate in my training routines and I am not getting any bigger, I just go out and buy smaller shirts! LOL Hell I've been accussed of juicing and looking 15 lbs bigger whan actually I just went a size smaller in the shirt department!
    LOL, Hmm... I think I'll try that.

cube is offline Junior Member

Re: Do you ever feel like this;from a bodybuilder POV

i can sympathize with everyone, i weigh 275 and think i am tiny when i look in the mirror. when i go out i constantly think everyone is bigger than me and i am small. i am always asking my wife how much bigger than me the guy who just passed us is when we go out (even if they are like a buck 60 or something). i've actually considered going to a shrink about it, before i started lifting i thought women with anorexia or bulimia were crazy but now i see how it can happen. i know that my stats should make me look big, but i just can't accept it is true.

Farmer is offline Member
    <--- Suffers from BigOrexia

peace

Thread Information