clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

looking good first thing in the morning?

is it just me or does everyone look awesome within the first 10 minutes of waking up in the morning? as soon as i wake up, i get up to brush my teeth and i look at myself in the mirror and i'm like wow, why don't i look like that when i go to pool?! it seems like my bodyfat is down like 5%, my chest and arm muscles are very taunt looking, and i can see my ab muscles better.

has anyone else noticed this or can explain why? maybe cuz i have pretty high metabolism and burn away a lot of fat while sleeping? it seems like i return to looking normal right after i eat breakfast...=/

-clocky baby

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    ive thought myself sometimes.....

B-A-M-F is offline Associate Member
    i would bet it has alot to do with sleep. your muscles are growing and rebuilding during sleep and rest. the deeper the sleep the more the growth. thats just my .02 cents

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    It's because your body has less waater retension in the mornings.
    The body uses your retained water during the night.
    It's very important to get plenty of water upon waking to hydrate the body and wake up the metabolism.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    pheedno is dead on. if u want to take soem pics to post on the board. wake up...eat about 50g of carbs with no water...say some cereal or noodles. wait about 30 min...and watch how much u fill out, this will suck all the sub q water out and make your muscles and veins look freaky and vascular. seriously.

adaptations is offline Member
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    pheedno is dead on. if u want to take soem pics to post on the board. wake up...eat about 50g of carbs with no water...say some cereal or noodles. wait about 30 min...and watch how much u fill out, this will suck all the sub q water out and make your muscles and veins look freaky and vascular. seriously.
    ]
    shit im gonna try this!!

Gotta try that!

I've always noticed the abdominal muscles were more visible in the morning. Always take your pics in the morning!

SAME HERE......

.....in the 'a m' i look great.....esp after a night out drinking....but then i drink alot of water the next day cuz when im out boozing it up i gotta leak every 20-30 min so im sure i have very little water in the bod in the 'a m' ...i look very vascular....
    Last edited by MR PHATT ASS; 07-30-2002 at 03:48 PM.

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Great thread.... like they say you look the best in the morning but smell the worst:P

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    OMG I thought I was the only one.. nothing like waking up in the morning, and looking in the mirror and wishing that you looked like that all day long.. LOL.

Bigbear is offline New Member
    Well i know i look best in the morning as well, here are some reasons. In the morning you are about a half an inch taller(or more) then when you went to bed. You spine spreads out as you lay on your back sleeping. I also look hardest after a ice cold shower, im sure most of you know this trick, but your skin and pores shrink with icy water and you look much more tone. Thats why it feels so much better to shave after you had a hot towel on your face, because those pores are wide open. One other thing for some of you, its dark when you wake up and we all know from bad bar experences that people look much better in a dark place!

neo1605 is offline Banned
    I look in the mirror and never think I look good.....that's just me I guess!?

Thread Information