clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

anyone used to be skinny?

i read a thread about people who used to be obese and now i'm curious about people on the opposite end of the spectrum. being skinny can be just as debilitating (hmm, mentally maybe, but prolly not physcially...;). anyone have any "i used to be skinny" testimonials? give me one/two years and i'll be posting one...>=).

-clocky baby

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    Fat people are harder to kidnap.....but I don't think that's the point of this thread...nm

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    The reason I got into BBing is becasue I was way too skinny. When I was 20 years old (6 years ago) I weighed 150 pounds, I was 6'3. I looked like a fuckin' bean pole. Today I currently weigh 230.

I feel so much better. I get a lot more compliments. I was very discourage in the beginning. But once i started to make gains it was all dwon hill from there.

I was underweight and believe it or not, I was very jealous of the "heavy" people. The reason why was that they have a lot of mass and strength, just with fat over it. And me, I had none of that and felt very unconfident.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah, I was skinny. 120lbs @ 5'10" about a few years ago. 215lbs now @10%bf about. Almost gained 100lbs in the last few years and it kinda scares people I think. I was sick then though.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    Im still thin, but nothing compard to before:

IH - 97 - 91lbs - 5'2
    IH - 98 - 105lbs - 5'5
    IH - 99 - 130lbs - 5'9
    IH - 00 - 140lbs - 5'11
    IH - 01 - 160lbs - 6'0
    IH - 02 - currently 188lbs - 6'0 ( and a lot less bf )

I feel a lot better then i used to, thats for sure. I was skinny as hell

cube is offline Junior Member
    here's my cheesy story:

freshman year of college 6'4@175. not good. i was so uncomfortable and unconfident of myself that i avoided having my photo taken for 4 years starting with my sophomore year of highschool.

i went to a gym for the first time during my freshman year of college. i didn't have a clue what i was doing, and a couple of guys (who probably weren't much bigger than me when i think back) made some comments so i left and didn't venture inside a gym for another 2 years. went to a gym again in my senior year, i started going at 3-4am so no one would see me. read up on what to do and started squatting and deadlifiting a lot and eating a hell of a lot. it turns out that while i always thought of myself as someone who was destined to be skinny, i was simply never eating enough food to grow. when i started squatting big and eating big i grew like a weed. its now 3 years later and i'm in the middle of grad school. now weigh 275-280 . i plan on finishing this year at 300 natural, which will be 125lbs heavier than when i started. the funny thing about all this is now people who don't know what i used to look like will come up to me in the gym and tell me how easy i have it and how i'm lucky i'm not skinny like them. i
    Last edited by cube; 07-30-2002 at 06:04 PM.

smallmovesal is offline Female Member
    i'm still pretty skinny, but i probably always will be. i was 104 @ 5'5" and i've managed to get up to 120-125

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    I was a bean pole through high school .. was 6"2 and about 165 pounds .. took creatine and protein shakes anything to try to put on mass .. but i play hockey and its a ton of cardio that wears you out when you are skating everyday... anyways got into lifting seriously after high school and now im on a cycle of test/deca /dbol and I am almost 210 and 6"3 now .. I still wanna get bigger but not too big for my sport .. im still lean and would love to get bigger once im done with hockey ... But being skinny sucked.. and I would look in the mirror and just wish I could get bigger ... My dad is 270 pounds and is solid as a rock .. I just never got his genitcs .. and its still hard putting on weight to this day .. I now know what it must be like for obese people trying to loose weight if its as hard to loose it for them as it is to gain it for me ... I do feel for those people now ...

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    I still am skinny

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    im still skinny too. sucks.

used to be 5'10 140

been as high as 215

after cutting hovering 200

will be at 220 with abs by the end of the year...ohhh yes....it will happen ;->

cool, thanks for the replies. some of you have had amazing gains! =P i thought i was doing good. i went from 5'8'' 138 lbs to 154 lbs (in 9 weeks no less). i talked to a few personal trainers and they all say that gains like that are gunna stop really soon. how do you guys keep gaining? i want at least another 20 lbs. i noticed some of yall told stories of how you were skinny in highschool and then gained a lot into your early/mid twenties. maybe thats just from growing up? i'm 22 and i think i'm not gunna gain anything from natural (non working out) growth...=( all you guys that gained like 50-100 lbs, how fast were you gaining daily or weekly?

again, whats the secret to keep on gaining? i keep being told that my gains are gunna come to a screeching halt soon...very soon. obviously i wanna take roids (thats why i'm on this site, right? ;) but i've been told many many times by you guys to go natural for a long while before even considering AS and i'm heeding yall's advice...=)

keep the "i used to be skinny" testimonies coming! they are pretty inspiring for me and my buddies...! =)

-clocky baby

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    well i decided to take the plunge when i could not get the scale to budge an ounce for damn near near 9 months. thats when i knew i was ready physically. took me another 3 months to be ready mentally to get into this game. was thinking about it, shit....ever since i started lifting weights, and if you asked me two years ago that two years from now i would be doing what im doing, i would have pimp slapped u and called bullshit on you. its a life altering committment, but i wouldnt have it any other way. the perks are just wayyyy too good.

keep going bro until you just can not gain another ounce, and in the meantime, get to studying what kinda cycle you would like to run. . .the first is always your best.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i was 6'2" and 143 lbs after graduating HS. stayed that way through undergrad. now i may still be skinny at 180 lbs ~10-12 % but what the hell, i do the best i can. i still am completely natural, but have been debating on starting gear. actually tried to get some, but got scammed.

boy that sucks, out $200+

cube is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by clockworks
    cool, thanks for the replies. some of you have had amazing gains! =P i thought i was doing good. i went from 5'8'' 138 lbs to 154 lbs (in 9 weeks no less). i talked to a few personal trainers and they all say that gains like that are gunna stop really soon. how do you guys keep gaining? i want at least another 20 lbs. i noticed some of yall told stories of how you were skinny in highschool and then gained a lot into your early/mid twenties. maybe thats just from growing up? i'm 22 and i think i'm not gunna gain anything from natural (non working out) growth...=( all you guys that gained like 50-100 lbs, how fast were you gaining daily or weekly?

again, whats the secret to keep on gaining? i keep being told that my gains are gunna come to a screeching halt soon...very soon. obviously i wanna take roids (thats why i'm on this site, right? but i've been told many many times by you guys to go natural for a long while before even considering AS and i'm heeding yall's advice...=)

-clocky baby
    clockworks, great gains so far bro. as to the question of how much you gain, that depends on you and your genetics. if your dad is a solid 270 i assume you must have pretty damn good genetics. the question would then be, how much desire do you have to be big?

for me the answer to that question mean't giving up alcohol completely, training my ass off, and squatting a lot. one of the big things that prevents people from gaining is a fear of a little fat. there is no way you are gonna make huge gains and stay at 8% (unless you have ifbb pro kind of genetics). not sure if this applies to everyone, but i don't seem to gain in a linear fashion. i don't just put on 2lbs a week or something. i weigh myself regularly, and some months i gain 5 pounds, others less. what else, oh, to keep making those gains your food intake needs to be pretty high. remember you need to consume more calories than you expend in order to continue gaining. at 154 you should be able to accomplish this pretty easily, but the bigger you get, the harder it gets to consume enough. trying to go from 275 to 300 is killing me i feel like all i do is eat. i'm sure some of the other 250+ guys will agree.

regarding as, stay off them for now. there is no way in hell you will reach your natural potential in one year. five years maybe, but not one year.

one last thing, whats your workout/diet look like? i'm sure there's a lot of people here who could advise you if you post a few details.

cube.

hey cube, thanks for your reply.

>clockworks, great gains so far bro.

thanks...=)

>as to the question of how much you >gain, that depends on you and your >genetics. if your dad is a solid 270 i >assume you must have pretty damn >good genetics.

i don't think so. my mom is asian and my dad (italian) was a pretty small guy... i've been 138 5'8'' lbs for as long as i remember...later half or highschool and college.

>the question would then be, how much >desire do you have to be big?

hehe, when i signed up at gold's gym, i put a 7 outta 10 for my determination. in retrospect, i shoulda put 10. i go everyday for at least 2 hours. only missed about 3 days in the last 9 weeks.

>for me the answer to that question >mean't giving up alcohol completely,

damnit...i'm 22, still in college, and am a heavy drinker...;)

>training my ass off, and squatting a lot.

check!

>one of the big things that prevents >people from gaining is a fear of a little >fat. there is no way you are gonna >make huge gains and stay at 8% >(unless you have ifbb pro kind of >genetics).

no fear here. i eat whatever i can these days. i've noticed i'm bigger and i don't mind a small layer of flab. my metabolism is really high, so i tend to stay pretty trim even though i'm gaining a lot.

>not sure if this applies to everyone, but >i don't seem to gain in a linear fashion. >i don't just put on 2lbs a week or >something. i weigh myself regularly, >and some months i gain 5 pounds, >others less.

interesting. i seem to gain pretty steadly. today i wore different shoes, and i noticed i lost a pound...;)

>what else, oh, to keep making those >gains your food intake needs to be >pretty high. remember you need to >consume more calories than you >expend in order to continue gaining.

got this covered. i've tripled my calorie intake...which i attribute to my gains so far.

>at 154 you should be able to >accomplish this pretty easily, but the >bigger you get, the harder it gets to >consume enough. trying to go from 275 >to 300 is killing me i feel like all i do is >eat. i'm sure some of the other 250+ >guys will agree.

hehe, i'd be happy to reach 170 lbs...=)

>regarding as, stay off them for now. >there is no way in hell you will reach >your natural potential in one year. five >years maybe, but not one year.

i'm young and impatient! ;) a year is a LONG time for me....hehe...;)

>one last thing, whats your workout/diet >look like? i'm sure there's a lot of >people here who could advise you if >you post a few details.

i've posted this before, but here goes again!

3 day rotation workout, 2 muscle groups per day, 1 hour per muscle group, abs everyday:
    1 - chest & back
    4 chest exercises, 5 sets per exercise, reps at 10-8-6-6-6 with heavy weight
    4 back exercises, 5 sets per exercise, reps at 10-8-6-6-6 with heavy weight
    3 x 25 leg lefts

2 - bi's & tri's
    3 bi exercises, 5 sets per exercise, reps at 10-8-6-6-6 with heavy weight
    4 tri exercises, 5 sets per exercise, reps at 10-8-6-6-6 with heavy weight
    6 x 30 crunches

3 - legs and shoulders
    4 leg exercises, 5 sets per exercise, reps at 10-8-6-6-6 with heavy weight
    1 calf exercise, 5 sets per exercise, reps at 10-8-6-6-6 with heavy weight
    3 shoulder exercises, 5 sets per exercise, reps at 10-8-6-6-6 with heavy weight
    3 x 25 incline situps

we keep getting told that we're overtraining, so starting tomarrow, we're going to do the same thing, but on a 7 day rotation...1 muscle group per day for a total of 6 days, with a rest day on day 7.

diet:
    oatmeal
    2x protein smoothie (100 g egg white protein)
    2x turkey/ham sandwich (20 g protein?)
    2x peanut butter sandwich (protein?)
    potato salad
    zaterans rice stuff
    spagetti
    whatever else...maybe some veggies...=P

what do you think? thanks for the help and advice.

-clocky baby

Mastiff is offline Member
    Freshman in high school 63lbs @ 5'4"
    Sophmore year 67lbs@ 5'4"
    Junior year 72lbs@5'5"
    Senior year 78lbs@5'5" Senior year I started lifting weights and eating all the time . I got up to 120lbs @ 5%BF. When I went to college they had a meal plan where I could only eat 3 meals a day. My spending money was $50/mo so I couldn't buy enough food to keep the weight up so I dropped to 100 lbs. It worked out, I wound up wrestling in the 102 lb class. Right now I'm still 5'5" but I weigh 160.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    I was a skinny shit too
    freshman year hs. 6'2" 165
    next year 6'3" 165
    found the weight room
    jr year 6'3" 180
    sr year 195 thought i was done growing, then i found Cleans, and full body lifts, and shot throught the roof, put 35 lbs on in under 5 months, and its all natural.

heavest was 236, but next summer i will be 245

tatty is offline Member
    I was 119 @ 5'7 during January of this year. Was dumped by the girlfriend, depressed and all and decided I needed to shape up and move on. So being the typical ectomorph, I trained hard, studied hard, ate lots and I'm still skinny at 160 @ 5'7.

I've been idling around 155-160 for about a month and a half now, but it's slowly going up.

Aiming to hit 180 @ 10% or less bf, before next summer.

Originally posted by tatty
    I was 119 @ 5'7 during January of this year. Was dumped by the girlfriend, depressed and all and decided I needed to shape up and move on. So being the typical ectomorph, I trained hard, studied hard, ate lots and I'm still skinny at 160 @ 5'7.

I've been idling around 155-160 for about a month and a half now, but it's slowly going up.

Aiming to hit 180 @ 10% or less bf, before next summer.
    i'm in exactly the same boat...girlfriend dumped me, decided to beef up. i'm at 5'8'' @ 160 also. i'm also shooting for a cut 180 by next summer also...=)

care to share your plans on achieving that goal? =) although i keep gaining weight (i'm at 162 actually now), i'm starting to get a love handles...=(

-clocky baby

tatty is offline Member
    No real big plan yet. I'm just eating everything and I have to attend to other matters in my life, but hopefully I'll get a full plan done before Christmas.

What's your schedule look like?

And yes I know what those small love handles feel like, but it's all good...

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    I was 143lbs when i started BBing, the most i weight was 213lbs 2 weeks ago...no more skinny shit...XXL

tatty,
    i do a 6 day split with one day rest:
    1 - chest
    2 - bi's
    3 - shoulders
    4 - tri's
    5 - back
    6 - legs
    7 - off
    4-5 exercises per muscle group with sets looking like 8-6-6-6-6

diet looks like:
    protein smoothie & oatmeal
    ham/turkey sandwich
    chicken salad sandwich
    peanut/jelly butter sandwich
    spagetti
    (workout)
    protein smoothie
    whatever or sandwiches till i'm not hungry or bedtime

dispite everyone's advice, i'm thinking about a test/deca /dbol stack to achive my goals by spring break next year...>=(

i did a 3 day split workout (no rest, 2 muscle groups per day instead of 1) and pretty much same diet for 2-2.5 months to go from 138 lbs to 158 lbs. i'm getting nice gains again thanks to the 6 day split workout so i might hold off on the roids for a bit...

MIKE_XXL,
    how the hell did you go from 143 lbs to 213 lbs and look as freaking cut as you do?!? screw it, i don't even care if i'm that cut, just how do i go from 140 lbs to over 200?? =)

what does your workout and diet look like (as compared to mine)? thanks!

-clocky baby

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    two years ago i weighed 150. Today i'm tipping the scales at 215@10%bf

You gotta take into account that i was 15 at the time, but that is when i started lifting hard.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Hey clockworks!
    It was a long journey, not like it took me 2 weeks to get there...LOL...it took years, and that's how you do it, CONSISTANCY...keep going that's it, as for my workouts usually 2 on 1 off, the diet is posted on Competitors Forum, the threads name is OFFSEAZON DIET by Dr.Derek...have a look, and see...as for exercises, always start my routine with basic compound exercises...squats, deadlifts, benches, pullups...etc...gice me your e-mail addy and i can hook you up with more detail...XXL

I'm still really skinny, plan to gain some MASS this winter.

freak of the week is offline Junior Member
    I was 6'0 135lbs. I hated it. Finally 10 long years later I am 200lbs @ 10 bf. I am looking to be 230. Its all about the journey though. You really have to want it. . .

jamotech is offline Member
    When I graduated high school I was 6'00, 145, weighed 125 freshman year. Now I weigh 195, been up to 215(water weight) and I still think I look skinny. I always thought that when I got up to 200 I would be satisfied with my size, WRONG!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I'm 5'6 i wrestled 119 my senior year in high school im 25 now and 175 and 11%
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

10th grade high-school 6'1" 170lbs. Now 6'2" 240lbs.
    Have been as high as 265lbs, but wasn't comfortable with the extra b/f

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    I'm a skinny fucker but I know that I'll get where I want to be eventually.. man I need sleep

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I'm still skinny too! But my weight has always been increasing .. My problem is that I keep getting taller, so even when I do add a few lbs and my rib cage starts to dissappear, it seems like it triggers a small growth spurt and my bones react by growing. The strangest part of this whole situation is that I'm 24 yrs old. YES .. 24 and still growing. I've grown an inch since last December and 1/2 of that inch has been in the past 3 months. So currently I'm 6'3" .. maybe I'm close to the end of the line so that the weight I gain will actually start showing.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    A couple of years back I quit gymnastics and I went down too 5'7", 127. I was all bones. Then I started training again and gained 25 pounds. I offered there till I started weight training and bulking, now I'm at 170 about 5% bf. I want to get 185-190. (Someday!!!)
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

FancyLad is offline Junior Member
    I can't exactly say i was ever skinny but i know i went from bodybuilding in high school to losing around 15-20 lbs. first semester of college from partying/lack of eating, etc...then getting scrawny, not so much skinny...i finally got shit together and started putting weight back on (which honestly, is SO much easier to put back on then have to start from scratch)...and went home few weeks ago and got accused of being on roids (not on now)...made me very happy to be back in the game...

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    I have always been skinny. I went in to boot camp in '95 I was 5'11" and a measly 127lbs. USMC boot camp is 12 wks long. There are no weights, no supplements and only 3 meals a day. We usually did(planned) physical training 1 hour a day for 4 days a week( with the occasional f**k up we would get additional training lol) And about 5 hours of classes. They only served high protien and carb meals and only natural juices(not AS of course) or milk. I came out of boot camp at 161 lbs. 6% bf. [30lbs ONLY 12 WEEKS] So for skinny guys if your new at bb natural gain with impressive results are possible with ALOT of healthy food, lots of training, 8hrs sleep, and an agressive positive attitude.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I was 112 lbs in high school the was 125 started weightlifting and j year 145 and seinor year 170lbs highest bench in my school man those were the days never gained alot much fat just lean muscle and still liftin and only gettin better. thing that sucks I am going to be going to boot camp in Augest and all the people that went to boot camp and can back that had muscle when they went came back skinny so I got alot of work to do after boot camp

BIG R is offline Member
    I was in the 140's in HS. Started BB'ing in the 165lb mark then went down to to try getting more lean......its been a struggle for me. I am at 170 right now.

R

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I was a very skinny runt in HS, i was about 6'2 when i was 15 and was about 140lb i was playin football and had a lot of health problems, bad back, knees, shin splints, small veins, the doctor told me to start going to the gym because of my veins, i had terrible circulation my hands were always purple with yellow spots.

Then i just started to eat a lot, went to the gym, by the time i was 17 i was 6'5 and about 200lb, i'm now about 280 (26 yrs old just back at the gym after not touching a weight in 8 yrs), and an easy gainer of both muscle and fat, i tell people i was skinny but no one believes me.

I still have very small veins, doctors cant find a vein in my arm most of the time when i go to get tests. Some EQ should sort that out tho.
    Last edited by Lostsoul; 06-07-2003 at 06:40 AM.

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    i'm still skinny at 6'6' 300 pounds

Thread Information