Fullback57 is offline Associate Member

How would you react?

Alright, here's the situation..........I've know my current girlfriend for about 8 years now, and during the whole time I've known her, even though we've only been "dating" for about 4 months now, I've always cared about her alot. She has a 19 month old daughter (not mine) and the father has never ever been involved in her life, nor will he ever. Today the three of us were out at a mall, and her daughter was wondering around the clothes store we were in and called for me, now she usually tries to say my name, but when I went to pic her up, she put up her hands for me to pick her up and called me DADDY. For the whole rest of the day, she called me DADDY......now my gf didnt say anything about this and neither did I. Now I love my gf and her daughter deeply, and her calling me that doest bother me that much....but how would anyone else react if they were in that situation?...and it's a bit more complicated as my gf is going back for her 2nd year of college in a month and her daughter is moving with her, and I know she's at an age where she's very easily influenced and I dont to confuse her and end up hurting her....and input is appreciated!!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Well bro,

At that age its probablly not going to do any harm for the little sweetie to call you daddy. When they move it will most likely hurt either way so i dont see why it would do any harm to allow her to call you that.

Enjoy the love and closeness you have now, live every min as much as you can.

Going back to here second year of college away from you? Either way if it doesn't bother either one of you it's probably not that big of a deal, considering her daughter is at such a young age right now, it's probably going to be a little difficult to explain things to her in a way that's going to be really effective. Maybe you and your girlfriend should sit down and discuss the situation. I don't think that the fact that her calling you daddy is affecting her that much as is the fact that you are playing the father figure in her life more or less right now. If you plan on slipping a ring on your gals finger in the next couple of years OK, but if you can't see things lasting, I think you should take into consideration what effect carrying on this way may have on her daughter. JMO

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    I suppose I never added the fact that even before my gf and I started dating about 4 months ago, she had asked me if I would be a father figure to her daugther, of course I'm perfectly fine with this and thrilled about it

And yes Buddha_Red, I here ya brother....now I know what almost all the fathers here on AR must feel like when they are with their kids

Thread Information