Nathan is offline Retired Moderator

One life to live and you're doing it wrong

You've got one life to live. You choose how you want to spend your time and who you want to spend it with. You choose a profession and you choose where you'll live and the lifestyle you want to lead. You imagine the perfect end to a perfect life filled with perfectly happy memories. You think what a wonderful world we live in where I can consciously decide on my own future and how it should all play out. A world where I can assess my skills and talents and plan accordingly to maximize my success in all things. But you forget that the word perfect is just that, a word. Does it even exist? Have you ever beheld a perfect sphere or a perfectly beautiful rose? How about a perfectly symmetric snowflake falling delicately onto the palm of a perfectly innocent child? Or perhaps a prefectly inspiring rainbow, viewed through the perfectly cut edges of a perfect prism? Why strive to fulfill a fantasy that isn't even based on anything existing in our own reality? Why push oneself to achieve something that isn't even there? The world is a far more frightening place than we let ourselves envision. We spend our days comforting ourselves by trying to fathom another world in which we are safe. A world where all our hopes and dreams will, beyond a shadow of a doubt, be realized. It's a waste of time but in truth, it is the best way to waste one's time. I'll continue to dream of all the things I might some day do and of the wonderful memories I'll amass. But when I reach the end I'm pretty damn sure I'll have done it all wrong and that it won't be enough. I will never realize the lofty goals I set for myself in life. I guess it doesn't really matter though. After all, no one wins in life. There are only players who are all governed and limited by the same rules. I wish I could break the rules.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    dude you must have a sorry life if you think that way, this life is not about winning its about surviving and maybe leaving better things for our offspring to look forward to, so what if perfect is just a word and we'll never see anything perfect in our life,and even if we do live it wrong at least your living! At least your assesing your skills making plans ther are people and yes even kids that dont have that option! By the way i just typed this because no one else had posted anythinghahaha!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Nathan, why dont you post your own ideas for once?

Stop steeling my lyrics!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering"

XXL

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    It shouldn't be about simply struggling to get through. And I do not believe that it is entirely. Essentially, what I was trying to address is that there is in reality no purpose in making it through life. We all die and lose the memories we invested so much time and energy hoarding. Bear in mind that if you believe in an after-life then this more than likely will not seem relevant to you, however in my opinion it is still pertinent to every last one of us since our feelings about death do not change the reality of it. So, upon death we essentially are delivered back into the oblivion from whence we came and do not keep any of the lessons we've learned, or the memories we've collected or the wisdom we've acquired. The impact we have had on others slowly fades as time goes by until eventually we are forgotten completely. The whole scenario is inevitable. We are born from the darkness and so we will return to it.

I never said this would be uplifting and I fully expected a strong opposition to my statement. Yiiipppeeee!!!!!

Thread Information