Wake Chick is offline Female Member

Knocked out tooth??

Y'all I'm so scared!! About a week ago me and a friend were wrestling, just kind of messing around and being stupid, and he accidently hit me in my mouth. Ever since then my right front tooth hurts like a bitch whenever I drink cold stuff, I bite down on it, or brush it. I didn't say anything about the pain b/c I figured it was just bruised and would stop after a day or so, but it's been a week and no improvements. What's worse is my dentist is out of town for the next 2 weeks!!! I was talking to a friend and she said it could be a dead tooth. I'm soo scared b/c I have PERFECT, WHITE teeth, but what if that one tooth eventually like falls out or becomes black or something??????? Maybe someone else has had the same thing happen, or is a dentist, I dont know what to do?? Please help me

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    I would probably get it looked at by another dentist just to be safe .. you might be able to call and work out a deal over the phone with them .. or even call your dentists office and see if they can refer you to someone just to take a look at it .. I play hockey and ive had a couple close calls .. I actually had my gums turn black and my teeth have been so loose .. I was also told there is some kind of condition that if you get damage to your tooth like 3 years later it can fall out without a lot of warning .. so just to be safe i would get it looked at ... hope this helps some

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    You might have damaged the nerve inside the tooth, since you're sensitive to water. You should go see another dentist, you might need a root canal if the tooth is "dead." Not to worry I've had many done and it's not as bad as you think. They will pop a nice porcelean crown on there and you'll be flashing smiles before you know it.

I hope you have insurance.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Hey woman, 5mff is right in playing it safe. It would be a good idea to go and get checked if your worried about it falling out or deadening.

I'd hate for you to be missing teeth when we fianlly get that Houston meeting in order

palme is offline Rosie Member
    This sounds dangerus!
    If one tooth dies and it is not delt with directly (first day or so) the other teeths will get sad and kill themselves!
    You better hurry to the dentist and see if he can put some colgate on the beautys to make them happy again.

MinnieMe is offline Female Member

Re: Knocked out tooth??

Originally posted by Wake Chick
    Y'all I'm so scared!! About a week ago me and a friend were wrestling, just kind of messing around and being stupid, and he accidently hit me in my mouth. Ever since then my right front tooth hurts like a bitch whenever I drink cold stuff, I bite down on it, or brush it. I didn't say anything about the pain b/c I figured it was just bruised and would stop after a day or so, but it's been a week and no improvements. What's worse is my dentist is out of town for the next 2 weeks!!! I was talking to a friend and she said it could be a dead tooth. I'm soo scared b/c I have PERFECT, WHITE teeth, but what if that one tooth eventually like falls out or becomes black or something??????? Maybe someone else has had the same thing happen, or is a dentist, I dont know what to do?? Please help me
    Hey Wake Chick...

What were you thinking...missy...lol..j/k.. Well first of all.. you need to schedule an appointment to see a dentist for an eval... at least that way you know what the problem is...and you'll somewhat know what to expect whenever your primary Dentist gets back into town..but let me reassure you that your tooth is not dead, sweetie... if it was..you wouldn't be feeling pain... you obviously hit the nerve of your tooth, the worst that could happen is you having to get a root canal.. at least that's what it sounds to me.. I'm no dentist but i do have many, many years of exp. in that field... so this is just my opinion..

Good luck,

do me a favor and keep off the boys....lol..j/k

MinnieMe

Originally posted by Vegas Kid
    You might have damaged the nerve inside the tooth, since you're sensitive to water. You should go see another dentist, you might need a root canal if the tooth is "dead." Not to worry I've had many done and it's not as bad as you think. They will pop a nice porcelean crown on there and you'll be flashing smiles before you know it.

I hope you have insurance.
    Oh, Vegas Kid, I really didn't like that answer A Root Canal??? My God I'm cringing as we speak!!!!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've had a root canal... and it wasn't fun. I had my right front tooth chipped playing baseball. The crown does look good though.

MinnieMe, where you been girl?? Thanks for the reply, things aren't looking too good for me right now, haha. And I'll TRY and stay off those boys You do the same!!

Thanks Pheedno, and 5mff....Palme uhhh thanks too, I think?? haha
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    exactly if you feel pain your tooth is not dead just hit a nerve. i was on my bike, and i cracked my mouth on the gas tank (long story).
    i was feeling the same thing that you were. when i drank something hot or cold or ate something sweet it bothered the hell out of my tooth. my dentist was on vacation so his answering service gave me the name, and number of the dentist that was covering his patients. i think dr.'s\dentist always have someone to cover for them when on vacation. too make a long story short it was a little crack, and i hit the nerve.
    i got a root canal a nice new crown, and everything is cool now.
    they even prescribed me percacet for pain, and decadron as an anti inflamatory. root canals aren't that bad practically painless.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Like all have said..get it checked out asap..then you know what you are up against. Hope it all works out for you!

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I forgot:

If you don't have a dentist available you can tie a string around the tooth and put the other end around the door knob. Then have a friend yank the door open and ......wahla.

MinnieMe is offline Female Member
    I forgot:

If you don't have a dentist available you can tie a string around the tooth and put the other end around the door knob. Then have a friend yank the door open and ......wahla.

WTF..?!!!

Let's just say that perhaps it was best, when ya forgot.... OUCH!!!

MinnieMe

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    pain killers for you, painkillers for me.....painkillers yipee!!!

Zoolander is offline Junior Member
    Like the Ad b4 raw or Smackdown says,'Don't try this at home'

I forgot:

HEY, I like that idea!! I always did want some missing teeth!!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I've done that before...lol It didn't work cuz everytime they slammed the door, I ran with it...

I ended up just rocking it back and forth with my skillful tongue and when I felt it getting loose enough..voila, this is when I was REAL young though...so it was just my first set. Quit axxin questions and get yourself to a Dentist before you have to wear dentures...Grandma.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by FaTbAcK
    pain killers for you, painkillers for me.....painkillers yipee!!!
    I want some to. Make mine 1000mgs.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Knocked out tooth??

Originally posted by Wake Chick
    Y'all I'm so scared!!
    Omigod, it must be serious because you sound like a Texan now!!! Oh wait, nevermind. Try making an appointment at a dental school. They always want people with problems that they can learn from, and its cheap too.

Re: Re: Knocked out tooth??

Originally posted by EXCESS

Omigod, it must be serious because you sound like a Texan now!!! Oh wait, nevermind. Try making an appointment at a dental school. They always want people with problems that they can learn from, and its cheap too.
    Doesn't everyone say ya'll?? I can post a pic from the Rodeo in my tight jeans, boots, and even a cowboy hat if you want to get the full Texan effect Just kidding!!

Dental School?? No, there is no way they would EVER practice on me!! But that is a good idea for some maybe... I did, however, finally go to the endodontist and I have to have a root canal. Ya'll were right

Thread Information