Thread: Windows XP

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

Windows XP

anyone used windows xp? i am running it now and i have to admit that it might be the only microsoft product i like!

SPEEDY is offline Junior Member
    well im using it also....

The backdrop is the same idea as windows 2000 I think....The only thing i noticed is that the computer never freezes anymore...If anything happens, XP fixes it.. Also installing drives and stuff like that is easy because it does it automatically. So far I am impressed.

yes i am impressed as well, the only shitty part is all my existing software has conflicts b/c no updates are avaliable yet and all products must be xp approved.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Fascist bastards!!! Microsoft, not you guys.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Fascist bastards!!! Microsoft, not you guys.
    indeed they are, but i don't have the time for unix and am mac-o-phobic and anit-mac.

The original jason Guest
    im running on XP really good apart from a few teething problems

jason

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    I'm using win XP also. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you don't try and use Netscape or any other product that Microsoft doesn't own

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    i'm still running 2000 server at home but was thinking of installing xp. will probably lab test it at work first before i use it at home. my 2000 box at home is rock solid so i really don't want to change right now.

oh yeah almost forgot XP LICENCING FUCKING SUCKS, DIE DIE YOU GREEDY MS BASTARDS!!!!

Originally posted by sp33dg33k
    i'm still running 2000 server at home but was thinking of installing xp. will probably lab test it at work first before i use it at home. my 2000 box at home is rock solid so i really don't want to change right now.

oh yeah almost forgot XP LICENCING FUCKING SUCKS, DIE DIE YOU GREEDY MS BASTARDS!!!!

ha! u got screwed! and i didn't

sp33dg33k is offline Member
    Originally posted by Full Intensity

ha! u got screwed! and i didn't
    what do u mean? i get the product for free along with every other product ms makes through my msdn subscription... (paid for by my employer )

the way xp licencing is set up just makes my job harder thats all...

lets just say i didn't buy nor steal it, and don't have to go through the registration process!

ptbyjason Guest

Check out this

$100 million in fake software seized

Three suspects arrested in largest sting in U.S. history

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 16 — Law enforcement officials on Friday announced the largest seizure of counterfeit software in U.S. history, a shipping container of cleverly faked copies of Microsoft’s flagship Windows programs — valued at $100 million.

FEDERAL INVESTIGATORS and police said a well-funded syndicate operating in Taiwan and the Los Angeles area had tried to ship the pirated software here by bribing an undercover agent posing as a U.S. Customs Service official.
    “We intercepted the nerve,” Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca told reporters at a county warehouse where nearly 31,000 copies of the Windows operating system were held.
    “This is like a drug cartel. This is like intercepting a drug cartel,” Baca said.
    Police arrested three suspects, including a Taiwanese woman, after an 18-month sting operation aimed at cracking what was believed to be a distribution pipeline for bringing software knock-offs to Los Angeles, considered a hub for the underground business.
    “Perhaps most disturbing is the high quality of the counterfeit products seized in this case,” said Rich LaMagna, investigations manager for Microsoft. (MSNBC is a Microsoft - NBC joint venture.)

ALMOST INDISTINGUISHABLE
    The copies of Windows Millenium and Windows 2000 Professional were indistinguishable from the real thing except for their lack of authenticating holograms on the CDs, flaws in packaging and other slight defects, LaMagna said.
    More than 4,000 copies of the operating manual for Microsoft’s newly released Windows XP were also seized in the shipment, suggesting that software pirates were gearing up to produce and ship bootleg copies of the company’s new program which was just released on Oct. 25, LaMagna said.
    There were also illegal copies of Symantec Corp. anti-virus software in a 40-foot container full of software that was searched and seized after it was offloaded from a merchant vessel.
    Authorities also seized two containers of counterfeit Marlboro cigarettes, estimated to be worth $3 million.
    Police arrested two men, Vincent Koo, 44, Wilson Liu, 39, both of Pasadena, California, on Nov. 6 and charged them with bribing a federal official and smuggling.
    Koo and Liu allegedly paid a total of $57,500 in attempted bribes to the undercover agent in order to try to arrange for the counterfeit software to be cleared through customs in Los Angeles and Long Beach, California.
    Lisa Woo Chen, 51, was arrested in Los Angeles last Friday when police were searching a warehouse in suburban Los Angeles. Chen drove up to the warehouse in a car containing what appeared to be boxes of fake software and packaging materials, police said.

whatever! I bought mine then, must have made a mistake LOL

ptbyjason Guest
    Originally posted by Full Intensity
    whatever! I bought mine then, must have made a mistake LOL

I knew I had you busted man. So are you typing in jail right now? I didn't know they had computers you could use there. LOL

well they wanted to bring me to jail which is why i thought i could out run them in the vette, but no no no, FI couldn't out run the cops and now hes screwed!

ptbyjason Guest
    LOL, sorry man. I know it's not really funny, but I love how you linked the two stories together. You are cracking me up.

your not the only thing thats cracked, sos the rim, the front fender, the rear wheel well, maybe the suspension, the curb i hit, and the axel is deffinately bent.

Thread Information