Big Show 23 Guest

What motivates you in your training

What motivates you in your training? I mean besides trying to be better than the average football watching couch potatoe.

For me I want to be big because,frankly due to my quiet nature it's assumed that I'm a wuss/wimp.So I choose to gain size because frankly people with size will never get picked on.So in other words I kind of suffer from the classic scenerio of the geek getting sand kicked in his face

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Nothing like taking your shirt off at the beach and knowning that the ladies are checking you out... also gives me a lot more cofidence in everything I do cause I not only look healthy , but I feel heatlhy.. I was always the tall skinny kid in highschool and now when I see people that went to my highschool they are amazed how much size I have put on.. I think for me its just a self esteem thing.. Also there a ton of hotties that go to my gym .. so thats another incentive for me to go to the gym ...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I have have goals in my head that im goin to achive.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i have 4 things motivating me...=)

1) i also suffer from the small/skinny guy syndrome. ugh, 5'8'' and 138lbs...always felt like a pin ball in night clubs...always people bumping into me and pushing me around. i'm up to 156 lbs now and my long time goal is 180 or 190.

2) stupid ex girlfriend. everytime i'm about to fail, i think about her breaking up with me and i can always sqeeze out one more rep... my friends say this is a sick motive, but seriously, i can't wait to see her in a year or so and show off my musclular body and say something like "oh, i see you ass has gotten EVEN BIGGER!!".

3) i've never really gotten much attention from chicks when i was younger. i did better in college, but i swear, since i've put on 18 lbs, girls at the pool are friendlier, and my fem friends all notice and comment and smile at me more often...=)

4) spring break 2003. me and like 4 of my good guy friends are going to cancun!

-clocky baby

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    My motivation?

That one day, I can post my pic on AR and have people call me BK/Pete/Dr D. !!!ROFL!!!

But seriously, mine are pretty much the same as all of you. Looking great at the beach is a big one

But also, I like the looking healthy/feeling healthy, that's a BIG ONE!!!

Big Show 23 Guest
    Originally posted by 5minsforfighting
    Nothing like taking your shirt off at the beach and knowning that the ladies are checking you out
    Not me I'm way to self-concious totake my shirt off in public/at the beach.Who knows maybe if I had people like you as friends I might feel a bit differently(yeah,yeah I'll quit sucking up )

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    Clockworks #2 is halarious

freakout is offline Associate Member
    (i) I always remember shorty2big brother told me one thing here...so did Dr Derek, it takes time and experiences for you to achieve the body you want. Some guys hit jackpot at the 1st shot, some learn as they move... Motivation comes in here when you know others are better than you and you would like to push harder so that one day, you could be on par with them

(ii) I would like to look into the mirror one day and tell myself(there it is, my 20"biceps, my 6 pacs, my 50" chest.....) ...honestly, there is still quite a long way to go... but at least it is still possible if i never give up

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Actually when I am on a cycle, it pumps me up and makes me want to go to the gym. I guess cause I know if I don't workout, this stuff I am putting in my body won't work.. I
    But the taking the shirt off thing at the beach, motivates me too. As well as seeing a fine azz woman in a bikini laying out at the pool or the beach.. Oh hell, don't take much to motivate me I guess..

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    my motivation is the transformation process, to be able to have enough dedication to go into the gym day in and day out and at the end look at yourself and be proud of what you have put into the masterpiece. It's a good feeling to know your body is in good shape and powerfull.

"HEART BREAKER AND LIFE TAKER"
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Zoolander is offline Junior Member
    To stand infront of the mirror and see a greek GOD.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    I get my motivation from logging on to here, and looking at the member's pic's. on here. Reading all the threads, and seeing how qick everyone here is quick to help another brother out. I think i came along way so far to achieving my goals. when I first started to train again i posted my stats on another board, and damn i got flamed so bad. I found this board, and everyone was quick to help me out. I guess my main motivation is to make all the people that said i would never be able to train, and reach my goals again eat there words.
    I started at 185lbs.when i was in the service, and i got into a bad accident. I stopped training, and basically had a poor attitude about life in general.. I was in and out of hospitals for awhile i lost alot of weight i ended up weighing in at 125lbs. nobody thought i would be able to walk again let alone start BB'ing again.. I still have alot of trouble training, but that makes it all the better for me cause i know how much hard work i have to put in to get where i want to be..
    It's kind of rough being called a 1 legged freak, but i got over it swallowed my pride and now i'm up almost 40lbs. bro's. I get alot of props at the gym now, and i feel great about it.. so, thanks for all your motivation, and putting up with my somewhat dumb ass replies, and post's. maybe 1 day when i'm not as self conscience about it I will post pic's. in the member's section just afraid of getting flamed from my pic is all, and i hope i don't get flamed for posting about my leg or anything like that. i took me sometime to be able to talk to anyone about this at all..

sorry for boring you with my story, and for the long post
    peace

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    kreper69,

wow, man. i actually think that is a very inspirational story. thats great that you are back into and that you negotiated that pretty big hurdle in life. keep up the good work and positive attitude! =)

-clocky baby

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

Padawan is offline Associate Member
    One word: Mirror

I'm married, so I can careless what people think of me. I just want to be big. I also have a 7 year old daughter, and I have about 8 more years to get big enough to scare the shit out of her boyfriends.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by clockworks
    i have 4 things motivating me...=)

2) stupid ex girlfriend. everytime i'm about to fail, i think about her breaking up with me and i can always sqeeze out one more rep... my friends say this is a sick motive, but seriously, i can't wait to see her in a year or so and show off my musclular body and say something like "oh, i see you ass has gotten EVEN BIGGER!!".

Wow...this was exactly what I was going to say! Nothing like spite to motivate one at the gym!

Thread Information